PDA

View Full Version : Illinois conceal carry

wool1
05-24-2013, 12:47 AM
Tomorrow may be the big day for us in Illinois. The great powers to be in Chicago have given their blessing to SB2193. It is not the best carry law, but not he worst either. I believe some of the restrictions are due to end up being challenged in court, but that is another day. I for one will be glad to get my CCW permit back....moving back to this state with Chicago running the show from a more common sense state has been difficult at best.

What are some opinions of the law?

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 05:10 AM
The bill is not exactly what I like BUT after over 75 years here this is a step in the right direction.

Will we quit our fight to be as free as others that have much better CCW laws? NEVER.

Most other states started with a far worst law but once the dam was breached they kept picking away till they have at least reasonable laws.

Who ever thought we here in Illinois would live long enough to have this discussion?

Now if we can get past the senate AND a governor that has constantly said he will NEVER sign a CCW bill into law.

Can we over ride his veto?

At the moment it looks like we might have the votes. Will we have everything in place to qualify for CCW by June 9? Who knows what has been going on in the back room but I would not be surprised to find out that the rest is just waiting on the votes.

The big wins are SHALL ISSUE and STATE WIDE removing the HOME RULE powers and voiding Chicago and CROOK County restrictive anti gun laws.

DCP
05-24-2013, 07:18 AM
Local news reported

2 or more dui
5 or more arrest

Local police can also stop you if they feel your dangerous

Can anyone confirm this?

missionary5155
05-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Local news reported

2 or more dui
5 or more arrest

Can anyone confirm this?

Good morning Where is this quote from ?
But from my side I would say.. good idea ! How many innocents are killed and disabled yearly by drunks driving vehicles. 5 arrests for crime against honest people .. you want that for a neighbor ? Used to be sherrifs could tell inresting person to get out of town. Now we give them free medical,food stamps... Marvelous!
Last known thief I heard of where I grew up (Riverside, Mich) was tied to a hitching post and whipped. He never came back nor a futher threat. I saw the post. Was 6 foot tall and had a steel ring on top. I always thought it was a strange hitching post for a horse in the town center by the old railroad station.
Mike in Peru
Mike in Peru

41 mag fan
05-24-2013, 08:05 AM
But from my side I would say.. good idea ! How many innocents are killed and disabled yearly by drunks driving vehicles. 5 arrests for crime against honest people .. you want that for a neighbor ? Used to be sherrifs could tell inresting person to get out of town. Now we give them free medical,food stamps... Marvelous!
Last known thief I heard of where I grew up (Riverside, Mich) was tied to a hitching post and whipped. He never came back nor a futher threat. I saw the post. Was 6 foot tall and had a steel ring on top. I always thought it was a strange hitching post for a horse in the town center by the old railroad station.
Mike in Peru
Mike in Peru

Need posts like that in every town!!! And used when needed!

pdawg_shooter
05-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Kansas had to override a veto to get CCW passed. She is now an obummer lackey. Sectary of HHS. In some cases the will of the people does win out.

Kraschenbirn
05-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Local news reported

2 or more dui
5 or more arrest

Can anyone confirm this?

This is the main reason I'm not totally in support of SB2193. The bill does have a provision which allows ANY application to be challenged for cause by ANY law enforcement agency in the state, regardless of jurisdiction. (the Cook County Sheriff could challenge downstate applications if he could dream up some 'justifiable' reason) Challenged applications would then go to a 7-person board, appointed by the governor, for review and final disposition...however, there will only be ONE review board for the entire state and its meetings would be EXEMPT from the Open Meetings Act and, therefore, NOT open to public scrutiny. The review board is supposed to respond to any challenge within (90) days but with only the one board, it's not difficult to foresee the applications of those not 'politically-connected' (or politically active on the 'wrong' side') being held up indefinitely under the proposed process...I mean, 'black letter' Illinois LAW states that FOIDs will be issued within (30) days but what's the current wait? Four months? Six months?

Bill

country gent
05-24-2013, 09:15 AM
Ohios law wasnt the best when enacted at first. But as people relized the benifits it was providing ( even to those not carrying) it was modified and amended. Same as Michigans and Flordias. In sevral states no permit is need to carry. Some have open carry laws even. Get your foot in the door so to speak and work from there. With chicago running the show in Illinois it will be an uphill battle until they decide they have had enough of being defensless victims. I have my permit and use it daily, the cost is the same wether used daily weekly or once a month. :D. But then I would carry before the permit if I was forced to go into a rough area.

DCP
05-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Mike in Peru
Mike in Peru

My local news.

Some that young were young and dumb. Then they grew up

I know one person that got a dui at 20 then one 19 years later
BTW a traffic ticket is an arrest.

This wont effect me at all, but it seem a lot wont make the cut.

But this is ......................

snuffy
05-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Now if we can get past the senate AND a governor that has constantly said he will NEVER sign a CCW bill into law.

Can we over ride his veto?

Bill, Wisconsin had the same problem . Chrome-dome Doyle would veto any CCW bill that passed the assembly and senate. Then we had to try to over ride his veto. Came within one vote the last time we tried before Scot Walker got elected.

The swing vote was a moderate IIRC republican that was going to vote with us. Some *******,(sorry Gerty), said publicly that once passed, we could modify it to be even better. Better meaning less requirements and easier application. That bill was far from what we have now, a good system.

I certainly hope you get it through. It sucks to be the last state to get a common sense bill so you can exercise your rights. AND I agree that you shouldn't NEED a special bill, the second amendment should be enough!

wool1
05-24-2013, 10:09 AM
My major concern is the training and instructor certification requirements. They are really vague and like others have said before, they wrote in 45 days to decide details.....pretty ambitious for the state of Illinois.

Hamish
05-24-2013, 10:23 AM
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/98/SB/09800SB2193ham002.htm

If Krashenbirn has already figured that out, why didn't our side, and preclude the problem?

Look I just wiped out a whole page of thoughts on this thing, because there are way too many sections like this:

" (f) The Department of State Police shall adopt
10 rules not inconsistent with this Section to implement this
11 system."

Way too much "We have to pass the bill to find out what we are going to make the rules for later" for my taste. I have watched the fun and games of the ISP writing rules up before.

------------------------------

In section 130:

"This exemption does not authorize the general private
13 possession of any weapon from which 8 or more shots or
14 bullets can be discharged by a single function of the
15 firing device, but only such possession and activities as
16 are within the lawful scope of a licensed manufacturing
17 business described in this paragraph."

Uh, WHAT??

------------

Sections 135-140; *** are statutes on Remedies for Orders of Protection doing in this bill???????

-----------

And the question of fees look like nothing but a cash cow dog and pony show to me. If I move, lose, or have my license stolen it will cost me $75.00???.

And, every time I want to renew, I have to go through THREE more hours of training?? And I can't even find the renewal fee, how much is that going to be??

This is a win?

Ajax
05-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Why aren't yall pushing for constitutional carry on the 9th. It seems the current bill is very expensive to get the license and renew.

Andy

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Well I was up till 4:30 this mourning reading all kinds of STUFF from many folks calling themselves EXPERTS and posting all kinds of restrictions SUPPOSEDLY in the new offering.

If folks like MOLLY B, TODD and folks that actually are talking face to face with the real powers say "TAKE IT" I say the same.

Do I trust MOLLY B?

YES all day long. She and Mike have driven 10s of thousands of miles just last year alone and have given more seminars on our 2A rights than any one else in the state and I am proud to call them friends.

H.Callahan
05-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Why aren't yall pushing for constitutional carry on the 9th. It seems the current bill is very expensive to get the license and renew.
I can't see Chicago ever letting that happen.

Hamish
05-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Why aren't yall pushing for constitutional carry on the 9th. It seems the current bill is very expensive to get the license and renew. Andy

That is *all* that any of the "Good Guy's" really want, the thought is that having a "good" carry law in place will help stop a *storm down the road from happening by the Bad Guy's taking someone to court for a questionalble shoot and winning any kind of damaging decision.

Constitutional Carry is my Right, right now. I don't want to have to jump through the hoops to start with.

But then, good common sense have been unavailable for the most part in the land between the rivers for a very long time anyway.

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Is your town over 25,000?

If so they can vote themselves home rule just like the county of cook is.

Under home rule powers they can pass all the new laws they want as long as the new laws are HARSHER than the state laws. Constitutional carry will not benefit millions of Illinois residents.

This is why so many are willing to tale what is offered. It removes ALL of the gun restrictions now in place in cook county and other home rule areas and prevents them from playing CAN YOU TOP THIS again.

What a lot of folks down south have to do is look around and see the communities near them that COULD join the anti gun club.

Do you have a college near you?

This law REMOVES the power of home rule for gun laws STATE wide.

H.Callahan
05-24-2013, 02:55 PM
Any word on this? I thought the vote was supposed to come today.

-----------edit------------
Just answered my own question: http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=7676

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 03:09 PM
It PASSED 80+ to 30 but Quinn said it is DEAD IF it ever reaches his desk.

Lets just hope we go in with a surplus of votes to over ride his veto the very next day.

Kraschenbirn
05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Is your town over 25,000?

If so they can vote themselves home rule just like the county of cook is.

Under home rule powers they can pass all the new laws they want as long as the new laws are HARSHER than the state laws. Constitutional carry will not benefit millions of Illinois residents.

This is why so many are willing to tale what is offered. It removes ALL of the gun restrictions now in place in cook county and other home rule areas and prevents them from playing CAN YOU TOP THIS again.

What a lot of folks down south have to do is look around and see the communities near them that COULD join the anti gun club.

Do you have a college near you?

This law REMOVES the power of home rule for gun laws STATE wide.

Bill...

I think it's time for everyone to step back and take a sniff of the what's in the air. Now that it's passed the House, I still doubt there's any way Rep. Phelps' version of SB2193 is gonna make it back through the Senate with 'home rule premption' intact. Cullerton (Senate President) has already said "NO!; Sen. Kwame Raoul (Mayor Emmanual's pet anti-gunner of the week and author of the original SB2193) has said "NO!; and Governor Quinn has vowed to veto if it does pass...and, according to my pro-CCW State Senator's count, there just ain't enough votes to override if he does veto.

When this bill gets back to the Senate for debate (and further amendment), whatever gets passed there, will go to conference committee to 'negotiate' resolution of the differences between the House and Senate versions. This is where it'll get sticky 'cause who knows what gonna be given away behind closed doors in order to reach an "acceptable compromise"? My guess is that the very least that will pass both houses and get Quinn's signature would have to include: (1) a home-rule exception for Cook Co, (2) the higher application/renewal fees originally proposed; and (3) a requirement that CCW aps be approved by the law enforcement agency with primary jurisdiction for the applicant's place of residence. Just my observation based upon past performance(s) of the Illinois Legislature...i.e. "Hope for the best and expect the worst."

Bill

gspgundog
05-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Because of the home rule override the bill has to have 3/5 of the votes in each house to pass. I am pretty sure that is enough to override the Gov's veto. If I remember correctly in the house it takes 73 votes to override a veto, so Quinn is just playing politics with his talk of a veto. Also after a bill goes to conference doesn't have to go back to each house to be re voted on? If that is the case I dont think the compromise will be as bad as Kraschenbirn's believes because in his compromise it is basicly the Senate's bill which will not pass the House.

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 04:06 PM
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

There are still many arms to be twisted even on our side.

DO NOT sell Todd and co short.

Hamish
05-24-2013, 04:15 PM
Just so everyone understands, any thoughts that I may post, especially in this thread, are the negatives I perceive on the subject at hand, not necessarily opposition to the bill.

When you live down state, you expect to get * on.

H.Callahan
05-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Amen. I've long wanted to give Chicago to Wisconsin or Indiana. Hell, I'd be willing to pack it all up and send it to California where it belongs...

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 04:43 PM
Never fear. At least you can rejoice if it does not happen.

Here in CROOK COUNTY you do not waste your time cleaning the stuff of because you know the next bunch will be here :dung_hits_fan: before you finish.

Bad Water Bill
05-24-2013, 04:48 PM
Amen. I've long wanted to give Chicago to Wisconsin or Indiana. Hell, I'd be willing to pack it all up and send it to California where it belongs...

Sorry but California refused to take that many welfare recipients or suck up union members.[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

Kraschenbirn
05-24-2013, 06:07 PM
If (big 'IF'!) all the House Dems who supported SB2193 today stay on board, there should be enough votes in the House for an override of Quinn's veto but I'm more concerned with the Senate where we'll need the votes of (16) of the (40) sitting Democrats just to get the job done. Actually, we may need a few extra because there's a RINO or two sitting on the right-hand side of the aisle who may just vote 'present'.

Like Hamish, I, generally, support this effort but still have some real problems with some of the provisions and have absolutely no faith in the State Legislature to "do the right thing."

I inherited my cynicism honestly...my grandfather was a Democrat State Committeeman in the '60s-70s and, eventually, Chief of Staff for one of the biggest, unindicted crooks in the history of our state government. As a youngster, I spent many an evening sitting in the corner while major political deals were discussed (and made) around his kitchen table. The one piece of his wisdom that has stuck with me though all the years: "Every politician...elected or appointed...can be bought; you just need to offer the right currency."

Bill

missionary5155
05-24-2013, 06:20 PM
I inherited my cynicism honestly...my grandfather was a Democrat State Committeeman in the '60s-70s and, eventually, Chief of Staff for one of the biggest, unindicted crooks in the history of our state government. As a kid, I spent many an evening sitting in the corner while major political deals were discussed (and made) around his kitchen table. The one piece of his wisdom that has stuck with though all the years: "Every politician...elected or appointed...can be bought; you just need to offer the right currency."

Bill

Krasch is right and this is our whole country's problem. POLITICIANS ! There are few Americans in office who give a hoot about your and my families future. But they will sure lock you away ASAP if you do not toe the line they are exempt from following.
We need some Americans in office who are willing to vote a Constitutional America into existence again.
Mike in Peru

wool1
05-24-2013, 10:12 PM

I always thought Canada would be a good place to send Chicago....

MtGun44
05-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Best of luck folks. I have family in southern Illinois and my grandparents are buried there,
so I have a bit of interest. With the thugocracy in charge of the state being fanatical gun
haters, I never thought I'd see CCW in Ill. Of course, they are being dragged kicking and
screaming by the federal courts, but it is still good. Let's hope they follow the pattern which
has been that once the "blood in the streets" and "shootouts over parking spaces" baloney
is proven to be untrue, it is usually pretty easy to make steady, small improvements to
the law over time. It has happened in most states over the last 30 yrs of this fight to
regain our 2nd Amendment rights.

Is there any chance of recognizing out of state CCWs?

Bill

Hamish
05-25-2013, 01:58 AM
"Is there any chance of recognizing out of state CCWs?"

I saw nary a peep in the bill, but that may come under the purveyance of the ISP playing establishing regs to comply with the bill when passed.

Best case would be falling in line with Utah and Florida, recognizing almost the whole country.

starmac
05-25-2013, 03:06 AM
Sorry but California refused to take that many welfare recipients or suck up union members.[smilie=b:[smilie=b:[smilie=b:

No problem Bill, send them by way of mexico, then they will welcome them with open arms. lol

Bad Water Bill
05-25-2013, 04:09 AM
No a lot of things we WISHED for are not there but just look at where we are as soon as we over ride Quinn's VETO.

All of Chit kago and Crook co gun controls are gone. That gives many citizens of Illinois the right to protect their loved ones for the first time in over a half century.

ONE STATE ONE LAW will finally be true in Illinois in everyones lifetime. Now you can drive from Cairo to East Dubuque and know you will not violate even one law.

Yes that is very important to the southern 95% of the state as well. Once these newly freed folks see what freedom from some of the machine power finally is they will be with us in future battles (remember Quinn only won 3 counties and guess where most of those voters are) to regain more rights and fix what we just won.

We will have to go back time and again to regain more freedom but this is much better than what most states started out with and in some instances better than what many states have at the moment.

Just how much momentum have we gained? Look up Madigans statement as to why he is supporting this bill.

Doc Highwall
05-25-2013, 09:20 AM
Here is some news about Illinois, who would have guessed!

Illinois judge charged with heroin, gun possession.

http://news.yahoo.com/illinois-judge-charged-heroin-gun-possession-172508510.html

km101
05-25-2013, 05:14 PM
It will happen in Illinois! If not this year, then soon. I almost gave up hope here in Texas, but we finally got concealed carry when George Bush was governor. We have had several improvements to the law since then. And now we are working on Open Carry!

This year the law was modified to bring the training class time down from 10 hrs to 4 hrs. Of course there are always tries by the opposition to make the law more restrictive, but we have managed to overcome them.
So don't despair if the final bill is not what you want. At least it is a starting point and you can work from there to improve it. And once Concealed Carry becomes accepted as the law of the land it will be easier to get improvements.

Bad Water Bill
05-25-2013, 06:28 PM
I am very confident we will have a CCW law on the books in the next few days. Will it be everything everyone DREAMED OF?

Wake up folks this is still Illinois. Who ever DREAMED that Speaker Madigan would join us in ONE STATE ONE LAW?

That means that ALL of the restrictions,penalties,taxes etc that Chit Kago and CROOK county have imposed on their SERFS for the last 50 years are suddenly GONE and we can sing "FREE AT LAST" well sort of.

As km101 said they are still improving on theirs.

What we have at the moment is better than some states have after 10 years of improving.

Sit back relax have a cool one and enjoy a great Memorial day weekend.

Take a moment out of your weekend to offer up a THANK YOU to those that gave their all so we could enjoy this weekend.

DCP
05-25-2013, 06:43 PM
I am very confident we will have a CCW law on the books in the next few days. Will it be everything everyone DREAMED OF?

Wake up folks this is still Illinois. Who ever DREAMED that Speaker Madigan would join us in ONE STATE ONE LAW?

That means that ALL of the restrictions,penalties,taxes etc that Chit Kago and CROOK county have imposed on their SERFS for the last 50 years are suddenly GONE and we can sing "FREE AT LAST" well sort of.

As km101 said they are still improving on theirs.

What we have at the moment is better than some states have after 10 years of improving.

Sit back relax have a cool one and enjoy a great Memorial day weekend.

Take a moment out of your weekend to offer up a THANK YOU to those that gave their all so we could enjoy this weekend.

I really hope your right. What concerns me is why the ISRA has not spoke up

Big 2nds on

41 mag fan
05-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Just so everyone understands, any thoughts that I may post, especially in this thread, are the negatives I perceive on the subject at hand, not necessarily opposition to the bill.

That last statement is THE truth.....

Gov Pence wouldn't want that lousy sh*thole of a city. I say part of the great lakes would be even better.

Bad Water Bill
05-25-2013, 07:32 PM

Gov Pence wouldn't want that lousy sh*thole of a city. I say part of the great lakes would be even better.

Please remember sir that many millions of folks depend on Lake Michigan as their ONLY source of drinking water.

PLEASE DO NOT POLLUTE OUR DRINKING WATER by even suggesting such a thing.

Residents of Michigan,Wisconsin,Illinois as well as mary of your fellow residents could get their bowels upset . :bigsmyl2:

km101
05-25-2013, 11:00 PM

Oh no, can you imagine the water pollution and the fish kill?!?!?! Fageddaboutit!

xs11jack
05-26-2013, 12:17 AM
I thought all this CCW was madated by court and a deadline set. How can the gov veto it if the court says you gotta pass it or else????
Jack

prsman23
05-26-2013, 12:53 AM
He can veto it. Then we go to constitutional carry. They have the option of regulating carry. Not a mandate to have a law.
Basically, the court said carry is going to happen. If you want a law June 9th is the date that the old ban on carry ends and you should have a law in place. Otherwise it's constitutional carry. Something the gov doesn't want.

Bad Water Bill
05-26-2013, 01:13 AM
The court said that the restrictions on carry were unconstitutional and gave the state 180 days to come up with a REASONABLE CCW law or we would get CONSTITUTIONAL CARRY across the state.

Since Illinois has something stupid called home rule C C would have been a complete disaster Home rule would have allowed Crook county AND over 220 municipalities to pass any kind of gun legislation they wanted to as long as IT WAS MORE RESTRICTIVE than the state law.

Any settlement of over 25,000 can be a home rule if they vote for it. Use your imagination and see what kind of a mess we have as some places play CAN YOU TOP THIS with gun laws across the state.

A whole new set of laws will have to be negotiated and passed by the general assembly. In the mean time our governor has vowed that Illinois will NOT have any form of CCW. "I will VETO any such nonsense that shows up at my desk.

Can you imagine trying to keep the machine in Chit Kago happy + the rest of the state at the same time?

Yes these ARE interesting times we live in.:evil:

Things will get very interesting over the next 14 days.

Will we get everything we want[smilie=1:

Show me even one state that did on their first try?

With ANY luck I will have to change my signature NEXT month.[smilie=w::drinks:[smilie=w:

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-26-2013, 10:14 AM
done.

khmer6
05-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Even with CCW in AZ I still feel somewhat limited, although sure glad I can legally carry in certain areas like a park or bar that has firearms restriction signs :p

Bad Water Bill
05-29-2013, 03:34 PM
EVERYONE in Illinois needs to vote on this one.

http://capitolfax.co...of-the-day-1602

You guys hitting this poll on capitolfax?

Should all current and future home rule ordinances regarding guns be abolished?

PLEASE VOTE NOW

DCP
05-29-2013, 03:48 PM
This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://capitolfax.co...of-the-day-1602 is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Bad Water Bill
05-29-2013, 03:56 PM
This page can't be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://capitolfax.co...of-the-day-1602 is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Wellll then go here

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38242#entry492856

to first post and vote.:bigsmyl2:

DCP
05-29-2013, 04:08 PM
That worked

Thanks

Wellll then go here

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38242#entry492856

to first post and vote.:bigsmyl2:

H.Callahan
05-29-2013, 04:14 PM
This: http://capitolfax.com/2013/05/29/question-of-the-day-1602 will get you directly there...

Three-Fifty-Seven
05-29-2013, 05:04 PM
.. yes

Wots
05-29-2013, 06:36 PM
And give it that fine crook county tradition.
Vote early and vote often.

Foxcatcher
05-29-2013, 06:51 PM
Dear brothers of Chicaginios, please don't drop that turd of a town on us. We here in Indiana have it pretty good for the most part.

I honestly feel bad for you guys when it comes to laws. I can ALMOST throw a rock from my back your to the finer part of your state (the rural southern part). I imagen the rest of the state aside from a few larger cities, are just as good a folks. When cops on this side of the river are afraid to cross over with a gun on, it's pretty bad.

I hope you get this squared away soon and get what you want fro
It.

Don

Don Purcell
05-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Just voted to abolish. Results so far are 80 to 20 for getting rid of it.

missionary5155
05-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Good afternoon
Just received a notice from Senator Frerichs that the House and Senate have passed a bill and sent it to the Governor to sign or veto..
Mike in Peru

Blacksmith
05-31-2013, 06:28 PM
Here is the Chicago Tribune story:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/clout/chi-illinois-senate-debating-new-concealed-carry-gun-bill-20130531,0,947405.story

MtGun44
06-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Does anyone know if out of state permits are honored?

Bill

DCP
06-01-2013, 07:59 AM

Bill

Bill I believe the answerer is no
you must spend 300.00 and get a non resident permit

DCP
06-01-2013, 08:14 AM
IL house wont be back until October 12th!

Finally.. we can breathe easy.

Made it through this storm.

No assault weapons ban.

No magazine ban.

Bill sucks because

We didn't everything that we wanted, but we got Shall Issue carry with preemption of all handguns. Chicago handgun license, gone. Chicago handgun magazine ban, gone. Chicago handgun registration and registry, gone.

41 mag fan
06-01-2013, 09:22 AM

Bill

For them to honor out of state permit Bill, literally they'd have to give the southern part of Il, the same amount of voting power as the stink hole up north has.
Or you can be like me, as my family all live across the river from me, and I just thumb my noses up to their laws.
I know it's the wrong thing to do, but I see what it's done to the part of the state I grew up in and it just irritates me to no end.

Bad Water Bill
06-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Well we finally DONE IT

Illinois will have a CCW law on the books shortly.

No it is NOT any where near what many of us wanted.

YES it is a place to build and improve upon.

In my 77 years I never DREAMED that the Chit Kaga machine would even permit such a discussion in the state legislature.

Personally I am going to sit back and relax ALL SUMMER LONG.

When the fall session convenes WE can all dust off our WISH LISTS and try to turn them into reality.

Yes I am sure REASONABLE reciprocity will be very high on our list of things to OK.

wool1
06-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Though I was pretty confident they weren't going to let us go off the "cliff", I wasn't sure if they would give it to us without something like a magazine ban attached. I agree with you Bill, it isn't exactly what we wanted, but it is something and a place to start. Lack of reciprocity is going to be a big headache, though with the training requirements, we should be more than qualified.

I had a few minutes of relaxation after the House approved the amendment, then got right on how to see how we are going to getting this whole CCW in place. It's a good busy....this is going to be an interesting ride.

wool1
06-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Bill, do you have any word on what our gun hating Chicago elected crooks have up their sleeve with this stay the 7th District Court granted......other than a stall tactic to drag the law out as long as they can?

DCP
06-05-2013, 09:11 AM
Governor-gets-30-days-to-review

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-05/illinois-governor-gets-30-days-to-review-concealed-carry-law-1-.html

DCP
06-06-2013, 10:10 AM
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE ISRA

As you know last Friday, after years of work the Illinois House and Senate had passed HB0183 with an overwhelming vote. It is the first concealed carry bill to ever pass the Illinois General Assembly. The votes in both Houses surpassed the Super Majority requirement by a wide margin. Even though the bill had passed both houses the June 8th date still existed. Tuesday, Attorney General Lisa Madigan filed and received a 30 day extension on the June 8th date. Now we are at a July 8th date.

The Governor received HB0183 today. There are four things that can happen.

1. The Governor can sign the bill.

2. The Governor can take no action and in 60 days the bill becomes law but that would push us passed the July 8th day. It is conceivable the court could grant another extension.

3. The Governor could veto the bill.

4. The Governor could use an Amendatory Veto (AV). Number 3 and 4 would mean it would be October 22nd before an override of the Governor's veto could happen.

There are a variety of things that can happen in the coming days and months. What ever happens I assure you the ISRA will do all it can on your behalf. I'm sure we will have many alerts before this is all over so please keep checking your emails.

I told everyone we are going to have our resolve tested and tested again. We will never quit fighting and we will never give up. The Second Amendment is here to stay in Illinois.

Thanks for being a member.

Richard Pearson
ISRA Executive Director

prsman23
06-06-2013, 10:34 AM
In regards to #2, I thought I had read that there will be no more extensions. Pretty sure that had been made clear in the approval of this extension.

prsman23
06-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Here you go. Screen shot from the approval.

gspgundog
06-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Now that we are so close the wait seems unbearable, but like Christmas to a four year old I know it coming, good Lord willing.
The picture is actually of the MO No Guns No Money card while the pdf is from Illinois CCW website. On the website it said to distribute widely so here it is for you to print your Illinois version of the "No Guns No Money" business card.

DCP
06-12-2013, 05:14 PM
Illinois State Rifle Association

INFORMATIONAL ALERT - What's in the CCW Bill?

The concealed carry bill, HB0183 (as amended), which passed through the Senate and House by overwhelming majority, is now waiting for Governor Quinn's signature. Please keep in mind that the Governor has not signed the bill, it is not yet law. He still may Veto the bill, or he may use an Amendatory Veto. Since no one knows what the Governor will do, the synopsis of the bill will not be valid if the Governor vetoes it or uses an Amendatory Veto. Many of you have been asking what the bill contains - below is a brief outline. This synopsis of HB1083 is not legal advice.

Regulations:
One statewide shall-issue licensing standard.
With regard to concealed carry licenses, preempts local authority of governments to regulate handguns and ammunition for handguns, including licensing, registration, and transportation.
With regard to FOID card holders, preempts local governments from regulating the transportation of all firearms and ammunition.
Not preempted are AWB enacted prior to or within 10 days of the enactment of this legislation - after that date, new AWBs would be preempted. Local governments could still regulate rifles and shotguns, but not handguns.
Grants "safe haven" protection for people carrying concealed while in their vehicle even in prohibited areas.
Upon exit from their vehicle, the firearm must be locked in their vehicle. If they wish to lock their firearm in their trunk, it must be unloaded before exiting the vehicle.
License to be issued by the Illinois State Police.
$150.00 fee for 5 years.
Requires 16 hours of training, including range time. Up to 8 hours of credit will be recognized for those who had hunter safety, was honorably discharged from the military, or had other CCW training. At this time, states with shorter training time, such as Utah, may only be credited 4 hours. The administrative rules of what the allowances will be, have not yet been determined.
Private property owners can post their property prohibiting concealed carry. "Safe haven" still applies to their parking lots.
Restaurants with 50% or more of their receipts from food, but still serving alcohol, are legal to carry in, but are still subject to private property posting by the owners or operators.
Law enforcement may object to a person they believe to be a "clear and present danger" to themselves or others. Applicants can appeal that decision to the Concealed Carry Licensing Board.
The State Police have 180 days from the effective date of this bill to be set up to begin processing applications.
Within 60 days of the effective date of this bill, the Illinois State Police shall begin approval of firearm training courses and instructors.
There is no reciprocity, but "safe haven" applies to out of state concealed carry permit holders.
Prohibited Places: remember that "safe haven" applies to most of these places:

Property under control of an elementary or secondary school
Pre-school or child care facilities
Property under control of an officer of the legislative or executive branch of government, except DNR regulated areas where firearms are allowed
Courthouses
Libraries
Airports
Gaming facilities
Stadiums, arenas, sporting events
Amusement parks
Museums and zoos
Buildings under the control of local government
Jails and detention facilities
Hospitals and mental health facilities
Mass public transportation
Bars
Public gatherings, but walk through is allowed to get to your home, place of business, or vehicle
Places that have special event liquor licenses
Any public park, with an exception for walking or bicycle trails, if only a portion of the trail goes through the park. The walkers and bicyclists must stay on the trail
Colleges and universities and property under their control; they may develop their own rules
Any area where firearms are prohibited under federal law
Nuclear facilities ("safe haven" for the parking area does NOT apply)
The United States District Court has extended the June 8th, 2013 deadline for a concealed carry law to July 8th, 2013. Although I think the Governor will take action before that date, we just will have to wait and see what that action is going to be.

Richard A Pearson
Executive Director