PDA

View Full Version : keadbullets

copdills
09-17-2007, 06:24 AM
anybody here heard of or ever used any of thier products www.keadbullets.com I know most everyone here cast thier own , but thought I would ask they have some very good prices

Thanks copdills:Fire:

Shiloh
09-17-2007, 10:45 AM
.....I know most everyone here cast their own.

The prices seem reasonable from what others are charging. Its the shipping that really adds to the prices.

I started casting so I don't have to pay for bullets. The money goes for powder, primers, and gas checks.

My last bucket of wheelweights cost me a case of O'Douls non-alcohol beer. :drinks:

Shiloh :castmine:

dmftoy1
09-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I've bought/used 2000 .45 acp LSWC's (200 grain) from him and I've bought 2000 .45 LC Keith style LSWC's (250 Grain) and used maybe 500. The bullets are high quality and probably a little bit harder than then need to be. It looks to me like he used LBT lube.

He's a good honest guy to work with but be willing to wait as he will slot you in with his commerical orders and it may take a month or so before you get your stuff.

FWIW

Have a good one,
dave

crabo
09-17-2007, 05:58 PM
When I was shooting speedplates and ISPC, I shot a ton of them. I never had a problem with any of them. I never did any long range testing or max loads with them. I don't think you can go wrong unless you are looking for a "hard cast" bullet to do max velocities. The lube does not soften and run at normal Dallas tempetures.(100+ in the garage)

Crabo

randyrat
09-17-2007, 06:02 PM
I have 500 left un-opened box of the 170 gr SWC 401 I shot 500 of them and they were good. They are very hard. i thought about saving them to harden a batch of my own boolits up some day. They shot nice out of my XD40 with some tight groups. You may have to wait a spell before your order is ready, Kead dosen't have stacks of bullets on inventory, make to order only. When you order they will send you some other weights to sample if you ask.