PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how fun a new pup is

Boz330
05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Had to put down my Rot last Jan. The first 4 months of the year are my busiest time of the year so didn't look for another till last week. Found a mixed Lab/Rottweiler at a local rescue and filled out an application to adopt it. I think it is easier to adopt a kid. Took a half hour to fill it out.
The next day I got a call from the foster home it was in and went to get it Saturday morning. Well it looks like Lab/German Shepherd to me and the foster person. Not a problem though and I got her. House breaking is going pretty well and she goes bonkers already when I get home from work. There were plenty of toys left from my other dog so she has her pick and she can pretty much entertain herself. She is a hoot to watch.:-D I wish there was a way to bottle that puppy energy.
While no new dog can replace the old ones they can sure fill a hole in your heart and make space for your new best friend.

Bob

popper
05-22-2013, 08:57 AM
And you get a new pair of shoes when for their 1st birthday.

longusmc
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
That's a good looking pup you got there! We got a lab/pit a few months ago and your right about bottling that energy, she's been all over the place.

Popper, I may have to get a new pair of shoes before hher 1st birthday, she's destroyed three pair already!

44man
05-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Tears for your other dog but joy for your new one.
Pain from old friends never will go away but God gives us new friends. Yet a loss is never gone from our hearts.
Any person that loves a dog will get a hug from me.
Just why is a dogs life so short?

Smitty's Retired
05-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Very nice pup. They are a ball. I agree, it does look like some shepard there.

sundog
05-22-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah, we lost our pal, Buddy, in Feb 2012, and his sister, 2 litters down, started missing him real bad. So we went to Lab rescue of Tulsa and find a Lab/German Shepard the SHE picks out. We had to untrain a few bad habits, and that has taken awhile, but he has become a constant companion to her and US. Gus is turning into a really good dog. What a character! He was with the rescue folks and foster homes so long that I think that he just thought we were another foster home. He's FINALLY settling in. Smart, too.

Sure do miss my Buddy (tear in my eye right now).

Firebricker
05-22-2013, 04:54 PM
She's gonna make a great addition to the family ! I've come to the conclusion that you never trust somebody that doesn't like dogs.FB

JeffinNZ
05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
I never wanted a dog but wouldn't be without Bella now.

wallenba
05-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Reminds me of my Lola. She passed 01-12-2011. 71273

Yep, Shepard Lab mix.

Dragoon 45
05-22-2013, 11:23 PM
She's gonna make a great addition to the family ! I've come to the conclusion that you never trust somebody that doesn't like dogs.FB

I've got a 2 1/2 YO Border Collie that loves everyone he meets. The first time he finds someone he doesn't like, I will know to stay as far away from that person as possible. Dogs are pretty good judges of people I have found out over the years.

Boz330
05-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Reminds me of my Lola. She passed 01-12-2011. 71273

Yep, Shepard Lab mix.

They could be sisters.
This pup is looking to be really smart, although she peed in the living room last night. I was thinking this house breaking was going really well up to that point. She hasn't figured out how to let us know or we aren't picking up on it. They all seem to come up with some kind of body language to inform you. It hasn't even been a week yet so we will get there.

Bob

7br
05-23-2013, 01:56 PM

Here is a song that says the same thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBo18Q7BwM

snuffy
05-23-2013, 06:04 PM
It looks like she got her tail caught in a door!

That video/song was great, at least the song was. Some yuppie tried to make it look old with that mess streaming along, and those flashing pictures.

ryan28
05-23-2013, 07:26 PM
I have only owned two dogs, and really enjoyed the puppy stage, just wish it lasted longer!