PDA

View Full Version : "Local" Members in Maine

dantoweed64
05-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi all! Wondering about members in Maine, and if there are some group activities. I am new to the forum, also new to shooting cast and would like to meet up with some "local" members. Thanks, dan

gray wolf
05-21-2013, 11:30 AM
Hello Dan, and welcome to the forum ( a great place to be )
If your ever in the Rangeley/Oquossoc area your welcome to pay this old timer a visit.
I smelt--cast--and shoot at our clubs private 10$$ a year range.
Julie and I don't have to much to offer in our little camp but the waters cool and the coffee is always hot. If you would like to say hello and cast a few your more than welcome to visit the mountains of Maine, lots of gab and I love to talk casting and shooting. What kind of shooting Irons do you have ? I shoot mostly pistol with the cast bullets.

Sam

bruce drake
05-21-2013, 11:45 AM
Dan, there are several Mainiacs on this forum. I'm a Mainiac in permanent exile to the Midwest but I'll be happy to talk casting and reloading with you on the forum.

I'm originally from Dover-Foxcroft up in Piscataquis County just to give you my local tie in.

Bruce

dtknowles
05-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Plus one on from Maine but now am from away. I cast my first bullets from my mod 94 30-30 while I lived in Dexter. Going to visit my brother in Corinna next month.

Tim

RayinNH
05-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Bruce, I suspect there are a lot of maniacs on this site that aren't even from Maine. In fact I might even resemble that remark :D ...Ray

novalty
05-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Another Mainer here, closer to Sebago lake though. One benefit of living in the country is being able to shoot on your own property. Just got this in about a month ago.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m11/novalty1970/Action%20Target%20Plate%20Rack/ActionTargetPlateRack12_zps79b7fabe.jpg (http://s100.photobucket.com/user/novalty1970/media/Action%20Target%20Plate%20Rack/ActionTargetPlateRack12_zps79b7fabe.jpg.html)

dantoweed64
05-21-2013, 07:10 PM
Hello

Hello! Thanks for replying My family spends a couple weeks in Ocqussoc every summer at a place called "summer camp" on Mooselook....
I'll definitely look you up...dan

dantoweed64
05-21-2013, 07:12 PM
Well, I'm in Brunswick, Sabago not so far I couldn't stop by some time!

dantoweed64
05-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Hey,there! I spent 10 years in Duluth, MN in the Coast Guard. Love that area! where are you?

FISH4BUGS
05-21-2013, 08:39 PM
I lived in Portsmouth NH, just across the river from Kittery. I worked for the Kittery Trading Post for a number of years 74-78. I live in the woods now in NH but Maine is just a few miles away. The KTP is still my go to gun shop.

Pepe Ray
05-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Hi Dan;
I've tried to "network" with other Mainers,with only modest success. I'm probably too old for the youngsters. Certainly geography is an obstacle. Gasoline prices limit unnecessary travel.
Personally, I try to hit as many gun shows as circumstances will allow. Only once have I made a successful face to face contact. I've been rebuffed or ignored a few times but generally our Mainers are a congenial lot. I know of no organized get togethers. Of course the P.M. contact system does not allow general viewing so much could be happening w/o my knowledge.
Good luck on your quest.
PepeRay

BD
05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
There's a couple of us up here around Moosehead Lake. Hum, Brunswick? Is that in Maine? I thought it was down in the banana belt near Portland :)
BD

jeepyj
05-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Hello Dan,
I live just north of Bangor in Old Town. I enjoy camp, fishing, motorcycle riding, handgun shooting and for the last several years as money allows I've been building a 78 CJ7 from scratch. I call it the "nasty bastard". I've been casting & loading for many years although recently I became more interested in fine tuning for improved accuracy. I usually cast while watching the Bruins play. I don't get around Brunswick much I'd like to welcome you to this excellent site!
Jeepyj

Curlymaple42
05-22-2013, 09:45 PM
I am down south, Limerick. Out in the country, so we can shoot 22's in the yard. My real range is 10 min away. Surrounded by lakes and such. Too many MA invaders starting to show up though now that it is warm.

gray wolf
05-22-2013, 09:59 PM
So I think we should have a get together shoot and Bar-B-Q at my range just outside of Oquossoc.
I can't believe we couldn't put something together.