PDA

View Full Version : Ya should have seen the look on my face!!!

brotherdarrell
05-20-2013, 10:43 PM
editor's note - the following is a glimpse into what my life is like and is true to the best of my recollection. 5-20-2013

A couple years back Lee did a run of the .22 cal. bator mold that were out of specs. The nose was the same diameter as the body of the boolit. I ended up with one of these molds. Once the mistake was corrected I first bought a two cavity and then later a six cavity.

Fast forward to last year. I was boxing up a die that I was sending to a member and needed extra "stuff" to take up space in the box. I spied the two cavity mold and put it into the box. This member had been experimenting with a .223 rem and I thought he could make use of my "extra" mold.

About a month ago I was trying to get a good fit in the throat of a new .223 so I thought I would cast up some bator's with my six cavity. I got the boolit cast and set for a week and then went to check and size them. I grabbed a hand full to weight sort them and thought they looked a little strange. I put a mic on the nose and stared at .225"? All I could think of was "that is not right!!!". As my pea brain started to process the data a 7 watt light bulb slowly started to go off over my head. After a few minutes I came to the realization that I had bought the six cavity BEFORE they fixed the problem and that I had not given away an "extra" mold but rather gave away the ONLY mold that was correct!!!!![smilie=b:

Once it was clear what I had done I started laughing so hard I had to sit down. As the saying goes "no good deed goes un-punished".:killingpc

I would like to make a couple things clear:

I don't share this to show how generous I am.

If the person who has this mold reads this I DO NOT WANT IT BACK!!!!! I repeat I DO NOT WANT IT BACK!!!! It is in far better hands than mine and, to be honest, I will get far more miles and enjoyment out of the story!!!

I share this because it is just another day in my life.

I hope all have a good evening - Darrell

Gloom, despair and agony on me
Deep dark depression, excessive misery
If it wernt for bad luck I would'nt have any luck at all
Gloom, despair and agony on me

Bzcraig
05-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Just in case your gloom, despair and agony aren't deep and dark enough..........seems they always run in threes! Prayin fer ya brother. :kidding:

BTW, I made a similar confession a while back just so I could be cleansed.

km101
05-21-2013, 07:18 PM
Been there, done something equally dumb! But it's better to laugh about it than cry, as you seem to have realized.

willie_pete
05-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Just remember; it's always darkest before......... It's pitch black. ( Or at least it is in my experiences ).

WP

olafhardt
05-22-2013, 04:08 AM
I think having lots of good stories to tell is one of the more enjoyable ways to be rich. The besr stories involve. My own faux paz. Check my signature.

captaint
05-22-2013, 09:34 AM
As the saying goes, too many molds - not nearly enough time. Mike

dbosman
05-22-2013, 01:10 PM
That sounds like an interesting bullet. Would you be willing to post a picture of it?
Thanks.

schutzen
05-23-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks, You made may day start off well. I realised I am not the only one who shoots himself in the foot trying to help others.