PDA

View Full Version : I love my cast boolits!

ReAX222
09-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok, so my first reloads were some TMJs from Midway. They were more than I wanted to spend on my plinking, so I went to Precision. Good price, but they leaded a lot. So Big slick showed me this site and I have read and bought the tools.

I fired 500 rounds this weekend, all they cost was powder and primer and no leading at all. The lube was nasty as can be to clean and gave me one ftf, but I think wiping down the bullets before shooting them should cure most of it. (I didn't do that to all of them).

I am very happy, now if I could just make my own primers or not pay hazmat to order them.

randyrat
09-15-2007, 08:32 PM
JUST BE AWARE. Do you own a tire shop? Do you have a big stash of WWs or any kind of lead. Big Slick has an underlying motive for you to be his friend. We all keep our distance from him. Don't make eye contact. Don't tell him anything about your private life. Friends, yeh right.

PatMarlin
09-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Welcome to cast boolit heaven. Yes, you are dead and have passed, but see how much fun we have.. :mrgreen:

I store my lead in 500lb ingots just because of guys like you.. :groner:

ReAX222
09-15-2007, 10:41 PM
I run a truck accessory store in town and I have a very good relationship with most of the local shops. Also between my Dad and grand father we have about a 600# reserve.

He just pointed me over here from glock talk's reloading forum.

No_1
09-15-2007, 11:48 PM
600# reserve? Hell, that is only enough of a shooting ration for a week. You better start making contacts for lead. You can start to relax slightly when your reserve is in the 5000 lb range and you have 50,000 bullets cast/lubed. Oh and by the way, that is if you are really old ;)

Welcome aboard and looking to hear some good reports from you.

R.

I run a truck accessory store in town and I have a very good relationship with most of the local shops. Also between my Dad and grand father we have about a 600# reserve.

He just pointed me over here from glock talk's reloading forum.

PatMarlin
09-16-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm waiting for an old shooter to will all of his lead to me.. :mrgreen:

No 1, one sure sign of age is how much you paid for that lifetime NRA membership. I think my dad paid somewhere near $35 bucks for his.. LOL.

ReAX222
09-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, I just went out to try Tite Group (I had shot Unique and 231 prior). I am not impressed. Tite group has two weeks to impress me and then I am trying something else. I think I want to try one of the 3n37 or n340/350 powders next. Any recommendations for .40sw in a glock 22 with a lonewolf barrel?