PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, finally

captaint
05-20-2013, 03:04 PM
So, after surgery for lung cancer and two more visits to the HUP Hospital, I'm home - to stay. So tired of going back to the hospital due to not being able to keep food down. But, I'm good to go now, surgery went fine. Can't recommend it though. Doc's say after a little chemo session or two (for safety sake) I'll be good. I did give up one lobe of my right lung. Heck, I only smoked for like 50 years. Shouldn't have been a problem ??????? Yeah, I know...
Anyhow, I finally feel like joining my friends again and feel like I might even get back to my old self one of these days. Great to be back. Mike

Blacksmith
05-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Welcome back you've got a lot of catching up to do, lots of reading. Did you see that BLT Sandwedge is headed in our direction, moving to the Philly area.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?200161-Wow-what-a-butt-buster

Glad you are doing better.

captaint
05-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Blacksmith- Thanks - I'm really glad I feel like doing something again. Told the wife we're gonna have to go shooting one of these days. I'll have to get with the BLT Sandwedge. Sounds like he's going to be very near where I live. Mike

DLCTEX
05-20-2013, 06:02 PM
Welcome back. may you continueto heal.

dragonrider
05-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome back

skeet1
05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Mike,
I'm glad your feeling better and hope all continues to go your way. Now it's time to get back to shooting!

Ken

smokemjoe
05-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I had the same thing done march 1, The pain has been hell for me, still on moripone and a neve ending pill, went back for chemo last thurday and a x ray, They are telling me I have a 10 % left to live now. But Going to beat it with the lords help,, I feel it,
You have done great going through all that, keep going strong, Kept us posted,Joe

41 mag fan
05-21-2013, 08:16 AM
Best of luck to you and smokemjoe!!

blackthorn
05-21-2013, 10:44 AM
Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Best of luck and prayers for both you and Joe.

Blacksmith
05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
Blacksmith- Thanks - I'm really glad I feel like doing something again. Told the wife we're gonna have to go shooting one of these days. I'll have to get with the BLT Sandwedge. Sounds like he's going to be very near where I live. Mike

Where do you shoot? I'm a member at Southern Lancaster Farmer Sportmen's Association.

Catshooter
05-21-2013, 10:32 PM
Welcome back man.

Cat

captaint
05-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Well, thanks fellas. Me & Joe do appreciate all the well wishes. Also, we're both pretty bad a$$, so we should be just fine. Blacksmith - I shoot at Bucks County Fish & Game in Doylestown. A decent ride from Lancaster for sure. Joe - you hang right on in there, pal. One of my room mates in the hospital had my same surgery a few years ago and he said it took him about a year till he was back to his old self. So, it will be. Thanks again guys. Mike