PDA

View Full Version : This one seems to work.

armoredman
09-15-2007, 06:42 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/PICT0022-1.jpg

Next I am going to try wiping/steel wooling off the excess LLA from the ogives, and see if that gets it better.

You guys went and started something..[smilie=1: ..and I'm lovin' it!:drinks:

Lloyd Smale
09-16-2007, 05:17 AM
I think id try a scott brite pad instead of steel wool. You might leave some minute steel particals inbedded in your cast bullets with steel wool.

Bass Ackward
09-16-2007, 07:31 AM
That's good shooting, but your kidding right? The LLA allows them to slide through the paper. :grin: Hurts when you are that close and they bounce off.

And I would avoid the steel wool too iffin it were me. Especially the way that one works.

armoredman
09-16-2007, 11:15 AM
I'll try the ScotchBrite pad, thanks. Yes, BA, I know I am close, but I always hove done reload testing out of a handgun at 10 yards, started that way, keep going...
:)
Thanks guys!

RU shooter
09-16-2007, 02:12 PM
Instead of steel wool or something like that why dont you just put a little mineral spirits on a rag and wipe ! it will come right off. Or are you trying to achieve some different result by using Steel wool?

armoredman
09-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Nothing special, just removing the excess,steel wool is what I had on me, don't have any mineral spirits.
Thank you for the idea.

RU shooter
09-16-2007, 08:09 PM
Nothing special, just removing the excess,steel wool is what I had on me, don't have any mineral spirits.
Thank you for the idea. Basicly any mild solvent will do the trick even Hoppe's should do. Here's a post on the subject http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=19908

scrapcan
09-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Is that the non cehcked gas check bullet that you are shooting? Looks like it does ok at the short distance. Now move it out and see what it does, it may surprise you even more.

armoredman
09-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Shot a few more this morning, (I LOVE having a range close by!!!), with the 700X loading. I cannot stand 700x, pain to meter, unburnt powder flakes, inconsistant accuracy, YUCK! [smilie=b: That stuff goes into emergency reserve.
Next time I'll try some I just lubed with hot LLA, (much lighter coat, it seems), and try it at longer range atop some wonderful, easy to use, never a pain Accurate Arms #2. :)

mag_01
09-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Nice print out --- fwiw -- I just leave LLA as is and load and shoot. Maybe you need to remove it then as others have said mineral spirits --- lacquer thinner-- gasoline -- etc. will remove it. --- Mag_01