PDA

View Full Version : Soooo many updates!!!

2HighSpeed
05-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Hi Ya'll. We are still alive. Just been very busy lately. I have many updates for youns. Some good some bad.

1st. We are mining tomorrow. So we will have lead available very soon. However we will only be doing lead for the next 3-4 weeks for a little while. See item 2 :-(

2nd. We are moving. We have orders to report July 10th in Ft Bragg Nc. Not the duty station we wanted but, Its out of Texas so that makes me happy. And it will only be a 1 year assignment because we are going there by way of a compassionate reassignment.

3rd. My gun is fixed. Well halfway. I have the reciever, But the slide is missing. I know I turned it all in when it was sent for repair, But they say otherwise. So does anyone know how I would go about getting the missing pieces replaced?

4th and last. Everyone is doing well. Hubby is ok now from the accident, His back still bothers him here and there but its tolarable. INS and GAP paid for everything and he got a new truck. Its a georgous blue 2009 Dodge Ram Crew Cab.

TXGunNut
05-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks for the update, glad things are going well for you.

possom813
05-18-2013, 10:18 PM
but, Its out of Texas so that makes me happy

What the heck? What's NC got that we ain't got :not listening:

Seriously though, glad to hear y'all are doing well/better!

Love Life
05-18-2013, 10:44 PM
What the heck? What's NC got that we ain't got :not listening:

The requirement to get a permission slip from your CO and the Sheriff to purchase a pistol. Limit of 5 per year...

starmac
05-18-2013, 10:48 PM
Man, the only person I ever heard of that was glad to get out of Texas, was that dude whose ex's all lived in Texas. lol

It may help to mention what model gun you are looking for parts for.

41 mag fan
05-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Man, the only person I ever heard of that was glad to get out of Texas, was that dude whose ex's all lived in Texas. lol

It may help to mention what model gun you are looking for parts for.

You must be thinking of me!! I hated TX with a passion. But that was back when I was 18-20 yrs old. Ft Hood is what i hated, not TX actually.
Had a good time though in Tx off base.....the girls loved seeing 2 army boys roll thru the little towns!! And so did quite a few "older" women at the time!!
But the song holds true...all my ex's live in Tx....and one 7 yr mistake moved back there back in '96......Thank GOD!!

Beau Cassidy
05-19-2013, 10:46 AM
I almost took a job in NC around the first of the year. Glad I didn't now...

km101
05-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Glad you guys are doing better! And maybe the new duty station will improve life even more. Ft. Hood is not the greatest duty station in Texas, and when you have some bad experiences (as you did) it can really seem bad!

What parts are you looking for, and for what pistol? And how in the H*** did they get lost? (not important, just wonderin')

2HighSpeed
05-19-2013, 01:10 PM
It is Ft Hood that I hate to be honest. Not Texas. Although I am
Rather pissed off right now. Got to the range and find out all our molds except our 3 large ones where stolen. $300 in molds, just simply gone. And we don't have enough time to make up for that loss in lead sales. Sooo frustrated. I hope we can find a range to mine at in NC.
My gun is a Diamondback .380

You must be thinking of me!! I hated TX with a passion. But that was back when I was 18-20 yrs old. Ft Hood is what i hated, not TX actually.
Had a good time though in Tx off base.....the girls loved seeing 2 army boys roll thru the little towns!! And so did quite a few "older" women at the time!!
But the song holds true...all my ex's live in Tx....and one 7 yr mistake moved back there back in '96......Thank GOD!!

2HighSpeed
05-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Oh your guess is as good as mine. It's prolly off floating around
With my missing molds. Maybe making slide/mold babies. Beyond pissed today:-/

QUOTE=km101;2222335]Glad you guys are doing better! And maybe the new duty station will improve life even more. Ft. Hood is not the greatest duty station in Texas, and when you have some bad experiences (as you did) it can really seem bad!

What parts are you looking for, and for what pistol? And how in the H*** did they get lost? (not important, just wonderin')[/QUOTE]

TXGunNut
05-19-2013, 01:16 PM
Too bad you can't ship your neighbor and a few other folks off to NC. I hate to move so would have never made it in the Army. Bummer about the moulds, that's pretty low. Why were your moulds at the range, if I may ask?

starmac
05-19-2013, 01:17 PM
That is all strange, where were your molds (and maybe pistol parts ) when they were stolen?

I hate to hear of your bad experiences, and I doubt if life on base anywhere is very reflective of the actual state it is in.

2HighSpeed
05-19-2013, 01:26 PM
The molds where with all our lead equipment in a shed at the range. The 3 large ones where actually in the lead pot. The molds, my gloves, and a few other not so expensive things where stolen. The gun part was also at the range but in the shop, the gun was sent off for repair and came back sans some critical parts.

TXGunNut
05-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Good luck at the new base but to paraphrase one of my favorite sayings the only difference between a new base and the old base is at the old base you know who the....jerks....are.