PDA

View Full Version : A good handgun would have made a difference here.

Ben
05-16-2013, 07:02 PM
http://www.wdam.com/story/22253278/fbi-may-step-in-to-help-brpd

41 mag fan
05-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Good handgun and a few less thugs on the streets! Too bad they didn't have one.

Ben
05-16-2013, 07:24 PM
Good handgun and a few less thugs on the streets! Too bad they didn't have one.

My exact thoughts.
The press barely gave this any coverage.
Sound familiar ?

However, the social media sites just won't let this one die. Seems the cops are feeling the pressure to obtain justice, they are bringing in the FBI.

Rick Hodges
05-16-2013, 07:28 PM
Just as important as the handgun is the situational awareness needed to anticipate and recognize when you are in peril. He got sucker punched and was down and out before he knew what was happening. I'm not sure a gun would have made any difference in this case. It takes more than a gun to keep you safe.

MtGun44
05-16-2013, 08:26 PM
You always have exactly as much security as you bring with you unless you
are inside a police station. Be armed, be safe.

Bill

firefly1957
05-16-2013, 08:34 PM
They are pretty lax on gun laws there to i believe but the first thing is situational awareness that was probably not the place to stop ! Same thing is going on DAILY in Detroit it is hurting what is left of the cesspool!

starmac
05-16-2013, 09:43 PM
It sounds as if the guy never got a punch in, or even tried. It is hard to say without seeing it in person, but a hand gun might have got him in more trouble.

I don't believe in hate crimes, but this doesn't qualify as it is all backwards, and that is one of the big reasons I don't believe in them.

H.Callahan
05-17-2013, 11:18 AM
...but this doesn't qualify as it is all backwards,...
I certainly don't agree with this. If you switched the race of the victims and the suspects, it probably would have made national news and most definitely would have been labeled as a hate crime. I know it is "politically correct" to only characterize hate crimes as white against any kind of minority, but in reality that sword (should) cut both directions. The only reason that family got attacked was because they were white in a black neighborhood. If that isn't a hate crime, I don't know what is.

wallenba
05-17-2013, 11:38 AM
They are pretty lax on gun laws there to i believe but the first thing is situational awareness that was probably not the place to stop ! Same thing is going on DAILY in Detroit it is hurting what is left of the cesspool!

There are sections of I94 going into and out of Detroit that are 'no mans land'. You really have to trust your vehicle not to break down in them. The consequences are you WILL be robbed or worse. Often, debris is thrown onto the roadway from above to cause breakdowns at night. A dirty little secret DPD does not want you to know.

starmac
05-17-2013, 01:36 PM
I certainly don't agree with this. If you switched the race of the victims and the suspects, it probably would have made national news and most definitely would have been labeled as a hate crime. I know it is "politically correct" to only characterize hate crimes as white against any kind of minority, but in reality that sword (should) cut both directions. The only reason that family got attacked was because they were white in a black neighborhood. If that isn't a hate crime, I don't know what is.
If you switched the races, it would be backwards to what it is now, would it not. From the info we have (probably right) it appears that he was attacked because he was white, but we only have his side of the story.

Rick Hodges
05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
The whole concept of "hate crimes" is repugnant. We are supposed to punish actions not thoughts. Personally I don't give a rats *** why someone punches me in the nose....it is the act of punching me that is the crime.
Political correctness run amok. Thought police....stupid idea. It matters not whether the person murdered was illegally killed for being white, black, homosexual or any other "group". What matters is he was wrongfully killed.

uscra112
05-17-2013, 02:48 PM
There are sections of I94 going into and out of Detroit that are 'no mans land'. You really have to trust your vehicle not to break down in them. The consequences are you WILL be robbed or worse. Often, debris is thrown onto the roadway from above to cause breakdowns at night. A dirty little secret DPD does not want you to know.

True 'dat. I lived too close to Detroit to be unaware of it. One of my colleagues at work was a Marine, over 6 foot tall and still as fit as when he was active. He carried not one but TWO Hi-Powers when he went into Detroit. And he was the "right color", too.

knifemaker
05-17-2013, 03:30 PM
I do not look for the FBI to list this as a racial hate crime, which it is, due to the victim being white and the suspects are Black. Eric Holder has a dismal record of pursuing hate crimes when the suspects are black. The black panthers in front of the voting place intimdating white voters is a good example of justice not going both ways.
If the victim had a gun and shot those blacks, do you want to bet he may end up in the same boat as the guy who shot Trevon Martin.

firefly1957
05-17-2013, 09:38 PM
Wallenba the Chief of Detroit police was saying bad things about law abiding bus riders that shot 6 bad guys in a week as they were being robbed or attacked at bus stops.