PDA

View Full Version : Selling cookies

Revolver
05-15-2013, 08:18 AM
I just found this picture on an old memory card.

Back in 2008 my wife and daughter had some involvement with Girl Scouts and somehow looped me into without consent. So I put this up at work, and if I recall... it worked with very little effort on my part :)

contender1
05-15-2013, 09:08 AM
:lol:

41 mag fan
05-15-2013, 10:05 AM
You didn't get roped in the next year did you? If you sold to many, you might of done yourself wrong and did your daughter a favor.....if daddy can't sell them, noone can!!!

EMC45
05-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Brilliant!

JeffinNZ
05-15-2013, 06:22 PM
My eldest was in the Girl Guides a while back and I took her cookies to work. I couldn't keep up with demand. She got the credit but that's OK.

C.F.Plinker
05-16-2013, 10:01 AM
The daughter of one of the match shooters was a girl scout. He would always sign up for the second relay at the state indoor and sectional matches. While he was filling out his paperwork for the match the wife and daughter would set up to sell cookies. They would get the folks coming in for the second relay, then the shooters coming off the line from the first relay, and wait around for the shooters to come in for the third relay. By then Dad was done shooting his relay and they could all go home. I don't think they ever took any cookies home with them .

The daughter is grown now and we all have had to find other sources for out girl scout cookie fix.

starmac
05-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Them girls can be pretty sharp. The scale house in whitehorse always had cookies, (it is not called girl scouts in canada, but basically the same). I for several months bought cookies every trip. I finally asked them which ones daughter was selling them, The answer was they didn't even know her, she just leaves them there for sale. No brownie points for me with the DOT, but at least the cookies are good. lol

Philngruvy
05-16-2013, 06:48 PM
I was a project manager for a steel erection company. I sold so many cookies on the job at break time and lunch time. Most of the guys were happy to get a good snack . Besides, if they didnt buy cookies, I might just misplace their paychecks!!!:wink:

abqcaster
05-16-2013, 07:00 PM
I am a sucker for the lisp. by the time they say, "Excuthe me mithter..." I have my wallet out. :/

encoreman
05-16-2013, 10:06 PM
I work with a guy that was always hawking girl scout cookies and we started inquiring about the girl because he had no kids. Well we had unkindly thoughts that this girls Mom and he were "working" out the details, but later found out she was just a good friend. Them danged cookies are habit forming. One of my BIL's hides the cookies in his closet as his private stash. LOL!!

DIRT Farmer
05-16-2013, 10:51 PM
When I was in collage, two very cute little girls knocked on the door selling cookies. My plan was to save my extra money for beer so I told them that if they had real home baked cookies I would buy some. The next night there was a knock, the same girls with a plate of fresh baked cookies.

Always wondered what fortune 500 company they are running now.

farmallcrew
05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I'll take case of Thin Mints. Lol

starmac
05-19-2013, 11:48 PM
I'll take case of Thin Mints. Lol

My favorites too. lol

I walked out of a truckstop once and a cub scout was selling crispy creme donuts, (which I love) a box of six or so for 5 bucks. I give him the five bucks, but told him to keep the donuts, as I knew I would just eat the whole box. As he walked back over to his mom, I heard him tell her cool, he could keep that 5 bucks. lol I could here her explaining that it didn't work that way as I wolked off, but I thought it was funny.