PDA

View Full Version : Is Paco Kelly around?

W.R.Buchanan
05-15-2013, 12:07 AM
Does anyone know if Paco Kelly of Leverguns.com is still around?

I have emailed him numerous times on his website and never gotten an answer.

I'd call him but I can't find a phone # for him.

I know he lives near Tucson AZ.

He has some tools I want , but I can't buy them if I can't communicate with him.

Randy

jmort
05-15-2013, 12:26 AM
I would say yes. He posts. I would try contacting one of the moderators. He still manufactures his products, that might be the best way to get ahead of him, i.e. the link to his product site.

W.R.Buchanan
05-15-2013, 02:49 PM
JM: I have emailed his website (Pacotools.com) 4 times and never gotten a response. Haven't tried the forum recently but I will try t contact the moderators and see if they can help.

Randy

NVScouter
05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
You didnt try and lowball him did you? I know that makes me delete E-mails and not give responses.

W.R.Buchanan
05-16-2013, 10:40 PM
No I didn't try to lowball him, I just tried to contact him to see if he was still making tools, and if I could buy them from him.

How can you lowball someone who won't answer an email?

You can't purchase anything from them either.

Randy

Catshooter
05-17-2013, 11:19 PM
I think that possibly he's not available. I bought his last book on CD and couldn't get it to open. He has never responded to any of my emails either.

He ain't real young anymore!

Cat

jmort
05-18-2013, 12:57 AM
I believe he would be hard to contact through Leverguns as his profile has the following:

"Last visited: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:32 pm"

After about 2 1/2 years, off his own site, he may be done with it all. Of course he may visit surreptitiously.

Poohgyrr
05-18-2013, 01:53 AM
As I remember, Paco's wife had become pretty ill and he backed off from his activity on the forum. And someone else took over forum duties - I forget who. I'd check over there.

W.R.Buchanan
05-18-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info guys, I kind of figured that he was not active anymore.

When you email someone many times and there is no response,,, either you have the wrong email or there is nobody there.

It's a shame as he made the best .410 loading tools anyone ever offered. His crimping system is supposed to be the best method out there and hulls last nearly indefinately. Hoping to adapt that sytem to my DL266.

Maybe I can find a used set somewhere.

Randy

W.R.Buchanan
05-29-2013, 12:49 PM
OK: Good news!

Paco Kelly is in fact still with us.

I just received an email from him this morning and apparently he was in the hospital for a while but is back home now.

IN case you were wondering Paco Kelly is the purveyor of Leverguns.com one of the most complete sites dealing with lever action rifles that there is on the web.

I have learned pretty much everything I know about Marlin rifles from that site. Losing him would be a major blow to the cowboy shooters and levergun community in general.

I personally am pretty glad that he is back at home.

Randy

searcher4851
05-29-2013, 01:21 PM
That is indeed good news. Glad to hear it. Hope all is well with him.

Larry Gibson
05-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Good to hear, I learned from him also. He made one of his 22LR shaging tools when I was in Iraq. He sent it with a real nice note....it was much appreciated.

Larry Gibson

Poohgyrr
05-29-2013, 05:50 PM
I learned a lot, including the usefulness of a good M92. Prayers for a full recovery.