PDA

View Full Version : I am SHOT right now, no casting or loading for a while.

44man
05-13-2013, 03:25 PM
I had a large pile of wood stacked, from big rounds to stuff that needed split once. The rounds were getting mold in between. It was windy and cool so I spent 8 hours splitting and stacking. I hurt bad and my hands hurt.
I had an old solar water heater on the roof so today I took it off the brackets and put a rope on it. Darn thing must weigh 200#! It started to slide off the roof and all I could do was shift it as it went to the ground. No damage to anything.
Then the maple and box elder trees spit a trillion seeds this year. My roof was packed and so were the gutters. The front gutters are one piece with triangular holes so guess where the seeds stick and fall through? I had to pull the downspouts and walk the roof back and forth with the leaf blower. Took hours. Then to blow off the decks and driveway. Seeds are 6" thick in spots. I love trees but when I get older the things are coming down.
I am NOT a happy homeowner at this point. I had to go buy a cheap bottle.
Next all the seeds will want to sprout.

**oneshot**
05-13-2013, 03:47 PM
I feel your pain. We just finished a massive flower garden redo, a few tons of top soil, a triaxle of mulch, gates and posts, and pickets for the fencing. My arms are like noodles attached by these gelatin blobs near my neck. Felt really good for the few days doing the work, now I'm just wiped out.
Lets go get some beers, I might be able to lift a few.

nitroproof
05-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I can relate... I built a large pressure treated tie retaing wall, steps and walkway some 30 year ago, now the wall is deteriorating, can't afford to have someone do the work and I'm 62 with arthuritus in my knees. Not a fun summer project to be sure... I'd much rather go to the range an shoot my Rolly Blocks!

leeggen
05-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Box elders---------worse than missfires or double loads. Cut several around here on the farm. Next door has a couple that blow over here and into the gutters. Try a good shop vac and one of the cutter adapters they work great.
CD

41 mag fan
05-14-2013, 07:12 AM
Hope you get to feeling better Jim.

Calamity Jake
05-14-2013, 10:09 AM
"Box elders"---------------IS that where them dang bugs come from????? [smilie=1:

sparky45
05-14-2013, 10:18 AM
I had to go buy a cheap bottle.
[/QUOTE]

Cheap bottle of what?

dragonrider
05-14-2013, 12:47 PM
"cutter adapters " can you elaborate on that?

10x
05-15-2013, 10:46 AM
You want to clean out your gutters and evetrough? A 1/2 horse leaf blower and a broomstick.
Leaves, water, dirt, rock from the shingles - it all goes out. Of course it leaves a mess on the ground but I have an old 24 foot tarp that lays on the lawn and catches most of it.

If you want to see the quickest and easiest way to do a difficult and nasty job - give it to the laziest man on your crew.....