PDA

View Full Version : My Lee Pro 4-20 pot broke!!

supv26
05-12-2013, 10:59 PM
I had to send my pot back to Lee. I noticed the melted metal was more like a slushy mess on top and then the spout would solidify between pours. I tried draining it, cleaning it and even tried different ingots thinking I had some bad lead but it did the same thing. It just wasn't keeping the melt hot enough.
I called Lee and they said to send it back. They are either going to fix it or replace it. :cry:

prsman23
05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
The good news is that lee is standing behind their product! Sorry you are out of order for a while, it will give ya more time to shoot!

JeffinNZ
05-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Lee are great. Even servicing NZ. I ordered a 10lb element and they sent me a 20lb in error. I let them know and they promptly sent a 10lb and though I offered to return the 20lb unit they didn't require that. Now I own a Lee 20lber so have a spare element.

fcvan
05-13-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't have the IV-20 but have used the Pro IV 10 lb for decades. The 20 lb furnace has good support while the 10 is a little weak and tends to sag. In all fairness, i set my molds on top to preheat, and i preheat i gots too. That surely added more stress. After 25 years, the heating element wen kaput. A new heating element was only 4 bucks so I rebuilt. In the meanwhile, I ordered a new one so I could cast until it fixed the first one.

So, I rebuilt, and they both work fine. I decided to add a 3"x3" shelf bracket to help support the pot. Now, both pots aren't under the additional train of 10 lbs of alloy plus the weight of the. Molds or pre heating ingots

Shiloh
05-13-2013, 04:41 PM
They make goog on there stuff. I have Lots of LEE equipment.

SHiloh

supv26
05-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I received a new pot in the mail today!! Good customer service for sure!
:D