PDA

View Full Version : Rare Falling block

Stephen Cohen
05-11-2013, 03:11 AM
During our recent firearms amnesty my local gunsmith obtained a Falling block Rifle, markings include EM Kelly an Co 502 New Oxford St London, Cal 450/577, Fields Patent No 1927, it has been abused something horrible but he seems to think he can get it back to shooting condition. My question is does anyone know how many of these actions were made, I found very little on the net about this wonderful old firearm. Regards Stephen.

AkMike
05-11-2013, 05:32 PM
Fields actions were made for many years and in several models. There's a good chance that EM Kelly was the retailer and not the builder. Pics would help a BUNCH.

Stephen Cohen
05-11-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes from what I have been able to find. Fields made the actions and other gun manufacturing companies used them to make rifles, seems Fields made shotguns and pistols. Em Kelly was a gun maker down the road from Purdy. A couple or rifles based on these actions have turned up in some unusual places. I will try and get some pics but a quick google found the action I have seen, Ive just fell in love with this action and My gunsmith is thinking of tooling up to make them, if he does Im taking the first.