PDA

View Full Version : Scored a free steel target.

dakotashooter2
05-09-2013, 03:21 PM
A co-worker who does some scrap salvage called me and asked if I wanted a full size steel torso target. A friend of his dropped it off as scrap. He said it is hardened steel but given the thickness described it will probably be suitable for handgun only. I've always wanted one but they were out of my price range....................... I'm also collecting sandbags from our recent flood fight to stack behind my backstop. I've been piling yard waste behind it but this will be a big improvement.

WILCO
05-09-2013, 05:48 PM
Congrats!

Artful
05-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Don't get herniated and make sure to give the target an angle so any deflection goes down into the ground and not back at you.

dakotashooter2
05-10-2013, 11:06 AM
When I picked it up I found out the maker had cut circles in the head and center of mass and hinged the cutouts back in. It will be interesting to see how that effects deflection. I want to try mount this one to a stand. I figure a nice truck hub will work for a base.

I have some plates which I bolted chains to the back of for hanging. They hang with about 3/8" of slope from the plum line and do a very good job of deflecting bullets downward.

Gliden07
05-10-2013, 09:29 PM
How about a pic or 2??

A co-worker who does some scrap salvage called me and asked if I wanted a full size steel torso target. A friend of his dropped it off as scrap. He said it is hardened steel but given the thickness described it will probably be suitable for handgun only. I've always wanted one but they were out of my price range....................... I'm also collecting sandbags from our recent flood fight to stack behind my backstop. I've been piling yard waste behind it but this will be a big improvement.