PDA

View Full Version : Constitutional law

MtGun44
05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Eric Holder (Federal Attorney General and all around gun hating
guy) sent a nasty letter to Kansas Gov. Brownback about our new PROGUN law.

Our KS Secretary of State, Kris Kobach, sent a wonderful commentary back at
him. I am pleased to say the Kris is a friend and that I have hunted with him
a few times over the years. He is a dead shot on pheasant - I wish I was half
as good.

Oh, by the way - Kris taugh Constitutional Law at the University of Missour in
Kansas City. I've had some very interesting discussions riding back from
western KS after a couple of days of bird hunting. He is much, much smarter
than Holder.

Read this:
http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/fraud/state/news.php?q=1367682682

nicholst55
05-08-2013, 08:10 PM
It's good to see Holder get his *** handed to him. Not that it will do any good. As was made evident after Fast and Furious, Obama will make anything illegal that Holder does go away.

MtGun44
05-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Note that Kris offers to sort it out in court. That would be fun.

Bill

TheDoctor
05-08-2013, 10:15 PM
I love how he decides himself is a law is unconstitutional. Thought that was province of the courts.

km101
05-08-2013, 10:18 PM
Mr. Krobach is obviously a very smart and talented lawyer. It's good to have someone like him on our side.
But just for the record he would not have to be very smart to outdo Holder! In a battle of wits, Holder is unarmed!

TXGunNut
05-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I hear rumblings of a bill in Austin that ought to really tick off Holder. I still feel he should be doing time over F&F.

TheCelt
05-08-2013, 10:29 PM

as good.

than Holder.

Read this:
http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/government/fraud/state/news.php?q=1367682682

I read with interest the documents in the link and must say that for the first time in a long time I have hope. I hail from the Southland but stand with the JayHawks!!!!!

I hope other States follow the lead of Kansas!!

MtGun44
05-09-2013, 01:40 AM
I tend to agree that Holder is pretty stupid, but Kris is really a brilliant
guy.

Bill

GaryN
05-09-2013, 02:10 AM
Well Bill, that was good. That should make you proud of your state. I'm glad there are some standing up to the idiots.

FISH4BUGS
05-09-2013, 06:30 AM
I attended middle school at Ft. Leavenworth, Dad buried at Ft. Leavenworth National cemetary, graduated from Leavenworth High School (1966), attended Kansas State at Manhattan, toured the midwest with a band (Stepping Stones) 1967-1969, sister still in Lawrence. Moved to NH 1970.
Kansas, you do me proud.

41 mag fan
05-09-2013, 08:22 AM
Hopefully this will be the model for other states, and Kansas will set the precedence for new laws to thwart anti gun federal laws

Harter66
05-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm glad there are folks out there like those in Kansas. All I have is Harry R,and his ilk.

popper
05-09-2013, 12:13 PM
MtGun44 - you all finally got rid of most of the idiots that were there in the 70-90? FISH4BUGS - Remember the Flippers? Ever play the T & C in Marysville? The Texas bill is still pretty soft, we have the same problem, pols with no ... ! I see the Dems want to lic. users of powder. Think that is a tax so should start in the House. Guess that is why they will call it a lic.

MtGun44
05-09-2013, 02:23 PM
There were a lot of us fighting hard in the 80s and 90s, managed to get a
bunch of better Senators and House Reps, plus Brownback is a pretty good
Gov. Of course, Sebelius was a horror as Gov and still is at HHS trying
to jam Obamacare down our throats and she took a lot of money from
Tiller in his house of horrors to destroy our old state attorney general.

Nasty things were happening in KS government as recently as 6-8 years
ago, but they are a lot better now. I'd like to see Kobach as Senator in
Washington or Gov. one day. REALLY a wonderful guy, truly believes
all the right things. We have a bunch of good folks in state government
right now, but many of the east KS small suburbs around KC are still
largely run by liberals.

I am proud of what the state has done in the last 6-8 yrs tho.

Bill

FISH4BUGS
05-09-2013, 07:06 PM
FISH4BUGS - Remember the Flippers? Ever play the T & C in Marysville?

While on the road in 67-69 suffice to say that I over indulged in the classic rock n roll lifestyle. Everything was kind of a blur, and I spent most of that time in a fog. T&C....Town & Country? If so, sounds kind of familiar. Marysville: MO or KS?
We had an 8 piece soul band with a black front man, Jon Clark from Wichita. That man could sing.....
Somewhere in the back of my head I recall a band called the Flippers but couldn't tell you who when where, etc. Somehow I connect that name with the Blue Things....don't know why.
I played so many National Guard Armories, colleges, and clubs, they all kind of ran together. We advertised on KOMA, KBOX, WLS, WHB and other radio stations promoting our dances and club appearances. Our advance man always went ahead by two weeks and did posters everywhere.
A few clubs stay in my mind, primarily Me & Ed's in Manhattan, The StarLight in Wichita and the Lamplighter in Salina. Those were pretty much our home clubs. Played alot with Mike Finnegan & the Serfs from Lawrence.
I quit playing professionally in about 1971 or so. Went back to college and went legit. Now all I have left over is a 1964 Hammond B3 with a Leslie 251 in the office.
Lots of great memories and fun. Now my hobby is just casting, reloading, collecting and shooting full auto....at least when I was playing I was making money...this hobby COSTS me money.....

M Hicks
05-09-2013, 07:27 PM
I read both letters at the end of the article. Even though I am biased toward protection of the Second Amendment and the Constitution as a whole, reading Holder's letter just reinforces his ignorance, lack of education and inflated ego. He cannot determine a law unconstitutional and who the heck proof read his letter? My 7 year old daughter knows to find a better way to start sentences with "And" and "Because".

missionary5155
05-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Greetings and my Thanks to all Constitutional brothers in Kansas !
I tip my hat to all Constitutional minded activists in all other states ! Thsese are exciting days to be alive. It is marvelous to witness Americans rising up in force putting the commi liberal to shame. Retribution is the next step. We need more Americans, backboned in Truth to represent us. Bully ! Bully I saw for all who take a stand.
Mike in Peru

Recluse
05-09-2013, 08:43 PM

as good.

than Holder.

Read this:

I've been following this one pretty close.

As I've said many times before, Kansas City is my adopted home town and JoCo my adopted home county. I wrote a lot of campaign materials for Sam Brownback back when he was running for the Senate in 1998 after taking Bob Dole's place after the fiasco that was the 1996 presidential election. (Dole/Kemp--did ANYONE ever take that ticket serious?)

The minute I received an e-mail about Holder's thuggish tactics, I fired off a letter to Governor Brownback's office and urged him to tell Holder to go stick a sunflower up his ***.

With each passing year, I forgive Kansas a little bit more for being on the wrong side of the War of Northern Aggression. :) But I have an incredible fondness for eastern Kansas/western Missouri and the folks who live there.

:coffee:

MtGun44
05-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I agree with you Recluse, it's a pretty good place to be.

Proud of our KS government now, not so much under the last Gov
that vetoed CCW and had to be overridden, and took Tiller's
bloody millions to "fix" the crimes he was doing and smear a good
conservative Attorney General.

Much better times now.

Bill

Blacksmith
05-10-2013, 03:23 AM
So are they tooling up to produce Kansas Made machine guns and Suppressors? You could start a niche tourist market "Come to Kansas and shoot a machine gun."