PDA

View Full Version : Bought a house! Moving in June

Silver Eagle
05-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Last year my family decided to buy our first house. This was after living in a rented 2 bedroom condo for 13 years. After looking at a few homes, we finally decided on a short sale in Algonquin, IL. Turns out a "short" sale is nothing but short! Finally, after 10 months of waiting, we closed on it. We will be moving in the first week of June, as our son is graduating 8th grade. We wanted him to be able to graduate with his class.
Meanwhile it is getting a bit of TLC, plus a bunch of cleaning and landscaping. Nice area with good schools. The neighbors we have already met are friendly and welcoming. Have family and friends relatively nearby (one reason for picking the area).
Already checked the village ordinances and airguns are allowed as long as you keep the shots on the property and are shooting at a target with a safe backstop. Already have a pellet trap so that is taken care of. No powder discharge of any kind. Have already heard fireworks in the area, so hopefully they are lenient on that hobby of mine as well!
Any members near the area? I would like to get together and share in this hobby of reloading and shooting with others.
Also looking for an outdoor range (public or private) within a reasonable distance.

Bad Water Bill
05-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Try posting here as most folks probably have it marked for instant messages.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?178001-Illinois-casters/page5&highlight=illinois+casters

Love Life
05-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Congratulations!!! Nothing quite like owning your home. You can make it yours, and I hope you enjoy it for many years to come!!

blackthorn
05-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Good for you!!! Renting is like pouring water down a gopher hole, at the end you get nothing back for all the money you spent. At least if you own it when you decide to move or up/down size you get back at least part of your investment.

Kull
05-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Congrats man. Nothing like finally getting your own house.

WILCO
05-08-2013, 01:58 PM
No powder discharge of any kind. Have already heard fireworks in the area, so hopefully they are lenient on that hobby of mine as well!

Fireworks and houses don't mix. Why expose your family to unneccassary financial/litigation risks?

firefly1957
05-08-2013, 07:07 PM
Good luck with your new house .