PDA

View Full Version : Casting today

trying2learn
05-06-2013, 11:13 PM
Just thought I would share my afternoon today. It was only about twenty minuts of actual casting time. Between setup and tear down of the area.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/07/yrabu4et.jpg

And this was in the chair across the porch from me.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/07/y2ute4e4.jpg

runfiverun
05-06-2013, 11:53 PM
is that the 38-125 Tim?
they look good nuff to shoot.

trying2learn
05-07-2013, 12:02 AM
The lee 358-125 yes lamar it is. They are waiting to get sized and lubed. I plan to spend some more time tomorrow casting up some more. I size them down to 357 for my 9mm. Have you shoot them? So far I like them.

varmintpopper
05-07-2013, 12:04 AM
I also spent a couple hours casting this morning, makes You feel good when You'r finished to see that big pile of good looking Boolits
laying there.

trying2learn
05-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Yes it sure does. There are times I wish I had sux cavity molds but I don't shoot all that much to justify a mold that big yet.

Idaho Mule
05-07-2013, 12:20 AM
trying to learn, they sure look good. Looks like your supervisor was a little 'laxed. I cast a few this afternoon myself but no pics. I was casting rcbs 158cm and the rcbs 150fngc. JW

trying2learn
05-07-2013, 12:23 AM
He was sitting over there with his tongue sticking out making noises whole laughing and saying daddy. Every now and again he would bring me his football and tell me to throw it.

7Acres
05-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Aw, that sounds like some good memories made there!

dverna
05-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Kids and casting do not mix

One moments inattention and some bad things can happen. Please be careful. Most adults so not understand the danger and a kid will not.

If the kid is across the porch and you have a visit from the tinsel fairy you will wish he had safety glasses on. You are a new caster. Wait until you get your first bad burn and you will understand.

Don Verna

trying2learn
05-16-2013, 10:19 PM
Kids and casting do not mix

One moments inattention and some bad things can happen. Please be careful. Most adults so not understand the danger and a kid will not.

If the kid is across the porch and you have a visit from the tinsel fairy you will wish he had safety glasses on. You are a new caster. Wait until you get your first bad burn and you will understand.

Don Verna

Wow. I am not even remotely sure how to respond to this. You don't know me and I don't know you. So to assume I am not VERY safety concious and come on here accusing me of not understanding dangers along with not being safe with my kids around I take as a very rude thing.

I am EXTREMELY safety concious. He was in that chair randomly across the porch which is very far away from my casting area. His mother was out there with me also watching him and keeping him safely away from me

I had no idea posting a couple pics of my kids watching was going to lead to something like a scoulding on a forum. Where everyone else on this post has been nice and seen the positive side of it and those that have talked to me or dealt with me know me and my safety concerns.

Errokk
05-16-2013, 10:26 PM
It's okay Tim, I think he's just worried about the youngster. Nice lookin boolits!

Glock Junkie
05-16-2013, 10:28 PM
I don't think dverna meant to be rude. He was just trying to get the point across that lead is very dangerous. I don't allow anyone or anything around me when I'm casting. I don't need any distractions. Concentration on the hot lead is all I have on my mind.