PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Carnauba Wax

Marlin Junky
09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
I've decided to buy some Carnauba even though it's way harder to find than Beeswax and could use some help locating a source. I only want to purchase a couple pounds initially.

MJ

Onlymenotu
09-09-2007, 07:20 PM
:roll: humm one of the other members here * sorry don't remember who or i'd give the dew credit * posted this link here (http://www.calwax.com/products.html) and they have it listed in flake form..... i have no idea of the cost or the reputaiton of the company,,,,,,, i just bookmaked the sight....... good luck with it

Mugs
09-09-2007, 09:14 PM
www.thesage.com
Mugs

IcerUSA
09-10-2007, 01:10 AM
Doesn't Lar's carry it ? hummm

leftiye
09-10-2007, 01:27 AM
I've bought it online at a place called "New Directions," they sell ingredients for people to make cosmetics with. Pretty pricey at about $3.00 an lb. Lots of other places online too. Just google "Carnauba." You might also spend some time studying lanolin, castor wax, and jojoba oil. All good for top flite lubes, and lanolin and jojoba make a killer hand lotion (with some other things to cut down the greasiness). Evil bay has a lot of people selling this stuff too.

Single Shot
09-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I used to sell 1000s of cast bullets on evil bay. Had my own bullet lubes based on Felix, Col. Harrison, Glen Fryxell, and Paul "Fitz" Jones for California Saeco Green.

This place will sell you as much or as little as you want.
http://www.oilsbynature.com/product-category/waxes.htm

357maximum
09-10-2007, 02:13 AM
Don

The link posted by Singlshot is the one i was trying to find for you....you do not need the No1 expensive stuff. The #3 is just fine and likely comes from Frank B. Ross Co in NewJersey. I tried working a deal with ross, but I would have had to buy too damn much..... the link provided is likely your best option.....

Marlin Junky
09-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Thank you to all who posted. It's a lot easier to find Jojoba than it is Carnauba and Oils-by-Nature appears to have the best prices for hobbyist-type quantities of Carnauba on the web.

Mike,

Am I correct to assume there's no difference in the melting point between T1 and T3 Carnauba?

MJ

felix
09-10-2007, 09:09 AM
MJ, there is always a difference, but for us price is more important. ... felix

357maximum
09-11-2007, 06:44 PM
I have used both NO1, and NO3...except for a slight color difference, i saw no difference in lube making.........and the price is mooooocho better.

leftiye
09-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah! Get some jojoba while you're there. You won't believe how good that stuff is for your skin. I'm a diabetic and can say it works wonders. Get some castor wax too, it's a lot like carnauba, better in some ways.