PDA

View Full Version : &%^#(& lowlife bahstuds

Alan in Vermont
05-04-2013, 09:06 PM
Thursday morning I went to the club to do some work, part of which was to replace any of the target backers that needed it. What I was greeted by was this little bit of evidence that we have some true human trash among our membership.

They were obviously capable of carrying the cardboard signage out there (it's 175' from the parking area and another 75' to the backers) but not take it away with them.

The sheet of metal roofing had been laid across a severe wet spot between the tragets and the 25 yd line, when we had our cleanup day, so people didn't have to splash across the mini-swamp. That was more than the maggots could resist, no way they could leave it alone when they could lug it downrange and shoot it full of holes.

They must do it when they have the range to themselves or if there are witnesses they don't care enough to get plate numbers and notify any of the officers/directors.

I'll probably never get lucky enough to catch someone pulling this BS. And, oh, how I want to.

RayinNH
05-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Unfortunately every club has them.

TXGunNut
05-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Some folks just can't get comfortable until they trash the place up. I've encountered them and can't understand why they want to live that way. I spent over $25K renovating a property after some sorry pieces of human trash lived there for just a few months.
Here's a tip. Visit your prospective members at home.

dragon813gt
05-04-2013, 09:25 PM
I will never understand how or why people don't take out what they took in. Why people think it's acceptable to leave their targets up, leave empty ammo boxes and not police their brass is beyond me.

Case Stuffer
05-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Way to many people are Trashers!

I live out in the sticks , it is 16 miles to a fast food resturant and over 3 miles to the closest Gas / Convience store which sells Beer and take out meals. I live on a gravel road that is aprox. 1/4 mile long ,three houses on it and yet every time I walk 1/2 of it I pick up beer cans,cups,paper bags,styrofoam plates etc..

I think that if I am ever diagnosed with a terminal illness I will set up a blind and shoot the SOBs .

My father taught me that when you go in the woods hunting, to a lake or stream fishing that orage,peels, candy wrapers,and other such trash in placed in your pockets and carried back out of the woods.

Years ago a range I belonged to had problems with A holes that would shoot the lock off of the gate and the storage building ,get the steel targets out set them up and shot them with high powered rifles thus runing them. Then there are always the one that will carry glass bottles onto a range for targets.

I swear if they had another brain it would die from loneliness.

rexherring
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
We had to ban Tannerite due to guys blowing up microwaves and other junk and leaving it. I always pick up more than I take to the range.

marshall623
05-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Same way at the silhouette matches , orders of the match director ( empty spray paint cans go in his truck not in the trash can cans , who knows where you have to pick them up at before the next match ) . Its a shame people have no respect for anything or anyone

wv109323
05-04-2013, 10:28 PM
I am amazed at the amount of intelligence a some people loose when they pick up a firearm. Granted , many don't start with much intelligence but it goes downhill when they have a firearm in their hands. The way they trash up a public place, makes me wonder what their house looks like.
Also I think a firearm owner is "shallow" when they must see something explode, burst, spin, destroyed, damaged or blown apart. Also they seem to need to shoot tons of rounds quickly to be satisfied.They never seem to be satisfied to shoot for a score on a target.

frkelly74
05-04-2013, 11:04 PM
i was at the range tonight and the conservation officer pulled up just as i was stuffing some pizza boxes into the trash that had been target holders. He looked at me and just said thank you. It made me feel kind of good. The range is free and maintained by the DNR and in the past it has been an ongoing eye sore, But it is better now, several of us Free range shooters have been informally volunteering to pick up and once in a while we do report someone who doesn't take the suggestion to please pick up after yourself. I never tell people to pick up their brass though.

km101
05-04-2013, 11:19 PM
While I was at the farm about a month ago I had a flat on my truck and had to walk back to the house. I was close to the road, so I walked out to the road and started walking back to the house. This is a county road that dead-ends about 3 miles past my gate and the whole road is only 12 mi long. I was amazed at the amount of trash on the side of the road. In one spot there were 4 garbage bags of trash that someone had dumped in one spot! The other residents on the road all say that they find lots of trash dumped along the road. This is stuff that someone hauls out here and dumps! Why would someone drive out this far to dump trash?? It is unbelievable!!

uscra112
05-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Flatlanders, like as not.

Swamp Man
05-04-2013, 11:30 PM
Ever time I read one of these post it makes me glad I have a range on my land. I never have to deal with the brain dead or worry about others leaving **** laying around everywhere and I can shoot anytime I please.

Taylor
05-05-2013, 07:25 AM
I remember when my boys were in scouts,they were to taught to leave nothing but their foot prints.I worked on that part,not to leave them either.

44man
05-05-2013, 08:38 AM
The state bird in WV is trash on the roads. Also shooting ranges.
I had a farm I could shoot on long ago in Ohio. A game warden heard it and came back as we were leaving with bags. He asked what was in the bags and I told him "all the stuff we shot at." Big smile!
Went to a game lands in PA to archery hunt. The parking lot was a mess so we were filling garbage bags with trash when the warden came. He seen my Ohio plates, shook our hands and in all the years we hunted he was a friend, never asked to see a license either.
I live on a private road and find beer cans, bottles and coffee cups tossed in my yard. I used to find bags of trash, dug in them and there is always an envelope with a name. I would call the people and tell them I am going to call the sheriff if they don't clean it up. Then tires all over.
By the way, I am a "flatlander." But people are the same all over, poor up bringing.

41 mag fan
05-05-2013, 09:16 AM
The state bird in WV is trash on the roads. Also shooting ranges.
I had a farm I could shoot on long ago in Ohio. A game warden heard it and came back as we were leaving with bags. He asked what was in the bags and I told him "all the stuff we shot at." Big smile!
Went to a game lands in PA to archery hunt. The parking lot was a mess so we were filling garbage bags with trash when the warden came. He seen my Ohio plates, shook our hands and in all the years we hunted he was a friend, never asked to see a license either.
I live on a private road and find beer cans, bottles and coffee cups tossed in my yard. I used to find bags of trash, dug in them and there is always an envelope with a name. I would call the people and tell them I am going to call the sheriff if they don't clean it up. Then tires all over.
By the way, I am a "flatlander." But people are the same all over, poor up bringing.

Jim, you hit the nail on the head....poor upbringing.
Alan, thats too bad, people trash something like a gun range and leave it to others to clean up.

armexman
05-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Gents, 44man gave us all the solution. Put some latex gloves on, dig out a paper with the offenders address and return trash to owners; or to the local authorities.
A fine will make them think twice about putting trash on your property or nearby roads. Now sofas and furniture are something else.
I have the county dispatch on speed dial for when I see "dumper****s", and I never hesitate to give all the info they need.
Remember too!! Pictures, pictures and more pictures really helps.

Riverpigusmc
05-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Went to our private range two weeks ago to find three Chinese nationals happily shooting an AR full auto on our steel range..destroyed the Texas Star and two plate racks. Unfortunatly, I can't get in a cussfight in Chinese..but they wrote a hefty check before leaving

LUBEDUDE
05-05-2013, 11:50 AM
It got so bad at one of the ranges in our area they put up Game cameras.

They used Strategery in placement and concealment so the idjits wouldn't shoot them too.

bob208
05-05-2013, 01:04 PM
looks like tactial mall ninga shooters. our culb had their share of them too. i hauled many loads of cans and other metal home to put in junk cars.

Kraschenbirn
05-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Our club range has had 7/24 surveillance cameras for the last couple years and...while I must admit I wasn't initially in favor of installing them...they've brought substantial improvements in both housekeeping and adherance to range rules. And, before anyone asks: NO, we haven't had any "shot out"...system not only records all vehicles coming through the gate but placement of cameras would make it very difficult to take a potshot at one without being recorded by another.

Bill

gbrown
05-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Gents, 44man gave us all the solution. Put some latex gloves on, dig out a paper with the offenders address and return trash to owners; or to the local authorities.
A fine will make them think twice about putting trash on your property or nearby roads. Now sofas and furniture are something else.

My county employs a couple of people to investigate dumping. The fines pay for most of the costs of those employees. Be surprised how many people would call the Sheriff Office to report illegal dumping, sometimes with license plate #'s and photos. I cringe when I go to my range and see beer bottles and glass objects shattered on the back stops. Really? Range rules say no alcohol. Trashing up a public place is really lowlife. Really irritates and frustrates me. The vast majority of our club members, responsible and keep the place clean. But for me, it's like chiggers--just takes one or two to get me irritated.

10-x
05-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Trash throws trash out , be it on a road or range. Solution is to cane the offenders and make them pick up trash for 6 months every weekend. I walk my dog every day and can not understand how the dumb masses can throw so much out the windows of vehicles. Many fast food bags have the receipts still attached where they used a credit card. The local cops are to lazy to pick them up, go the the fast food joint and say,"I want to see your drive through video for this time".......wa-la....the scum could be busted.

sparkz
05-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Sean and I have a few farms here in Eastern Kentucky and its sorta looking like a park where we have installed roads and set up shooting and camping sites, Hunting for people who ask to camp and shoot, all we ever ask is if you bring it in take it out and PLEASE NO GLASS, we host some Four Wheel Truck meets for some clubs from time to time on 3.5 miles of trails, all by invite only, and so far we have been lucky with good sorts and its still clean but we do find the odd beer / soda can and that pisses me off, i dont go to there house and dump $h)t so ***,

but as far as what you have there I would freek and they would had been here for there last visit, done deal

Some people just dont care and some dont even know there doing it, lol I have handed cig butts back to guys that steped them out as they talked to me, lol sends a message

Patrick & Sean Campbell

Boyscout
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Had a brother confront someone who dumped out of a car window once. He ended up having a .357 Magnum put to his face and told to mind his own business. I watched someone dump a load out at the mall. I vandalized for the first and only time in my life. I wrapped his windshield wiper around his McDonald's sack so he wouldn't lose it again before he could get home and throw it out proper like.

roots911
05-05-2013, 04:32 PM
As said above every club has some bad apples that have no regard for other members or club property. They just don't seem to understand that the funds expended on repairing their damage are then not availabe for needed improvements. One of my pet peeves is the steel cases that are everywhere. Rules say police your brass and these a**holes look at you and say " it isn't brass"!! Guess it is a sign of our "new" society. Everything is someone elses fault/and/or responsibility. I wanted to put up a sign that said "clean up after yourself - your mother doesn't work here" !!

scottiemom
05-05-2013, 04:39 PM
yesterday Jim and I took his truck and made a quick run to the grocery store. we came back about 20 minutes later. Some low life yahoo had put all their trash - three bags of it, in the back of the truck. I was speechless. Jim..not so much!

PS Paul
05-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Is it any wonder states and counties want to close down public shooting areas? Same exact thing goes on here in the PNW at fishing areas. Just FAR too many lowlifes, that's all.....

DCM
05-05-2013, 05:29 PM
yesterday Jim and I took his truck and made a quick run to the grocery store. we came back about 20 minutes later. Some low life yahoo had put all their trash - three bags of it, in the back of the truck. I was speechless. Jim..not so much!

Jim not speechless?? :shock::bigsmyl2:

I highly doubt I would have been any different.

The slobs are everywhere.
One club I belong to also has a 24-7 camera system that has been very helpful not only with the members but the neighbors and trespassers too.
Sad that it has come to this but they do help.

Jim
05-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Jim not speechless?? :shock: :bigsmyl2: I highly doubt I would have been any different.....

Oh, I was FAR from speechless! Honestly, though, I'd be ashamed for y'all to know I talk like that even when I'm angry.

Alan in Vermont
05-05-2013, 05:35 PM
We have talked about going to motorized gates activated by card readers instead of the manually locked gates we are using now. That, combined with cameras, would allow is to track who was on site when this stuff happened. Then we could lock out the offenders card. Biggest obstacle to all that is that we have no power anywhere but the clubhouse and no cheap way to get it, and data links from the gates/cameras to a central location.

We have also talked about the viability of raising our dues in the hope of pricing ourselves out of the range Riff & Raff would be willing to pay. The downside of that would be however many really good folks on a limited budget would be turned away.

762 shooter
05-05-2013, 05:53 PM
From my 62 years of life experience I have come to the following conclusion: Out of every 100 people there are only 3 or 4 that will do the right thing.

Pick up their own trash, vote, call out an idiot, stop a bad guy, pull their own weight at anything, or appreciate the country they live in.

I used to think that people were basically good. They are, but they are apathetic. What's that saying about good men doing nothing?

Sorry, that's the way it is. I tried to sugar-coat it.

jeepyj
05-05-2013, 06:42 PM
I wonder sometimes if it's because some of the young fellas never had a parent or a mentor teach them the difference. I always try to help educate and set a example. We have landowner permission for a small gravel pit 4 or 5 of us shoot once a week. It's the normal that any trash no mater what or how much is picked up like clockwork at the end of our shooting. I try to tell others that the way things are going nowadays be sure to hold on to the privilege to use a good area even if it cost a little time in picking up the dirtbags trash.
Jeepyj

bear67
05-05-2013, 07:32 PM
My old Daddy, God rest his soul, hated litter and those who littered. He was often heard muttering under his breath "Man is the only animal who S___s in his own nest."
I inherited most of his dislikes, including this one.

shooterg
05-06-2013, 03:27 PM
We all have what I call the 1% . Those that believe the rules are for YOU , not them.
We've bit the boolit, put in the card gate, cameras next.

destrux
05-06-2013, 05:04 PM
I am amazed at the amount of intelligence a some people loose when they pick up a firearm. Granted , many don't start with much intelligence but it goes downhill when they have a firearm in their hands. The way they trash up a public place, makes me wonder what their house looks like.
Also I think a firearm owner is "shallow" when they must see something explode, burst, spin, destroyed, damaged or blown apart. Also they seem to need to shoot tons of rounds quickly to be satisfied.They never seem to be satisfied to shoot for a score on a target.

Some people are intrigued by terminal ballistics. I love shooting paper for a score, but I also love testing out various loads/bullets to see how they perform against various materials. It's not exactly required knowledge, but I can say I've learned quite a bit about what bullets will and won't do.

Recently I did some testing on wet-pack with a deer shoulder embedded and I discovered that my .40S&W carbine would be just as good for deer hunting as a .44 magnum handgun. Both offer nearly identical performance. You can't find stuff like that out just shooting flat pieces of paper.

I don't shoot anything other than paper or non-messy targets on a public range though. If I'm going to shoot something messy I go to my cousins farm or my parents house where I have tools to clean the mess up.

PS Paul
05-06-2013, 05:25 PM
From my 62 years of life experience I have come to the following conclusion: Out of every 100 people there are only 3 or 4 that will do the right thing.

Pick up their own trash, vote, call out an idiot, stop a bad guy, pull their own weight at anything, or appreciate the country they live in.

I used to think that people were basically good. They are, but they are apathetic. What's that saying about good men doing nothing?

Sorry, that's the way it is. I tried to sugar-coat it.

Sadly, although admission you are correct is admitting I'm jaded, I have to admit you're completely correct in your assessment of our fellow man. I have found many who "speak a good game", darn few actually "live a good game".

I like to believe our fellow shootin' brethren hold a higher standard when living a decent and honest existence, but hearin' these stories just demonstrate how very wrong I am about that.....

762 shooter
05-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Sadly, although admission you are correct is admitting I'm jaded, I have to admit you're completely correct in your assessment of our fellow man. I have found many who "speak a good game", darn few actually "live a good game".

I like to believe our fellow shootin' brethren hold a higher standard when living a decent and honest existence, but hearin' these stories just demonstrate how very wrong I am about that.....

PS PAUL,

Is that my favorite pistol you have as your avatar?

Lipsey's 45C/45ACP 4 5/8".