PDA

View Full Version : Beretta GunPod Unit

Phineas Bluster
05-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Deleted

Bzcraig
05-04-2013, 10:26 PM
Except for pressure of last round fired and round count like it says on the website, I only see it as slick marketing. Although, it may help identify how close you might be getting to a new barrel if you were a high volume shooter

frkelly74
05-04-2013, 11:09 PM
like an odometer??

texassako
05-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Looks like a gimmick, but cartridge pressure and round count sounds an awful lot like a black box. "Sorry, we cannot fix your gun at this time due to the excessive number of high pressure rounds you fired." Kind of like car mods and vehicle warranties. I wonder how it even figures pressure?

Gar
05-05-2013, 09:39 AM
It's a prototype for the new rounds counter that will be required by the government. The production model will be able to upload the rounds count directly to the IRS so you can be tax on the number of rounds used. :kidding:

MtGun44
05-05-2013, 01:05 PM
Next gen:

Cross correlate those round counts with a GPS, built in cell phone calls the police if fired in a "unapproved location"

Isn't technology wonderful?

Bill

LUBEDUDE
05-05-2013, 01:20 PM
I can see it good for reloaders, wanting to keep pressures at a certain level to burn powders efficiently. I'm like Texassako, how does it work, especially on the grip bottom and not the barrel?

Temp gauge is novelty for hunting, especially ducks. Round count is kind of cool.

And all of these "Cool" benefits at what cost?