PDA

View Full Version : Man buys house, finds gold mine.

Merc41
09-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Hi everyone. I posted this in another forum, and thought I would also post it here. Just amazes me how ignorant and lucky some people are. Have a look for yourselves.

http://forums.roadfly.com/forums/politics-lounge/8606820-1.html

imashooter2
09-09-2007, 09:55 AM
And turns the whole lot over to the cops to be destroyed. "Thank God they are off the streets and now pose no harm to the children.":roll:

Look at the responses to the post too. This is the sort of ignorance and fear that we're dealing with in the sheeple.

RayinNH
09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Read some of the comments of the posters under the photo.They sound like they would be afraid if you put the lights out at night...Ray

waksupi
09-09-2007, 10:02 AM
The responses are unbelievable. What country is this web page based in? The people are idiots. I hope it isn't the states, but suspect it may be.

nighthunter
09-09-2007, 10:16 AM
It looks to me to be that the previous owner was probably a collector of military weapons. Looks like a fine collection also. Heck .... the guy might have had a license for the class 3 weapons. We need the whole story before we reach a decision.
Nighthunter

PatMarlin
09-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh that's got to be San Franciso Bay area. I would bet $100 on it right now.. :roll:

Those are the American sheep of today. Spine less, ball less, and brainless.. :mrgreen:

twotrees
09-09-2007, 11:31 AM
IF they were fully functional Class 3's some would not be legal unless he was a dealer/police officer. As of 1996 any class 3 made after (? date) is not allowed to be sold to the "public".

But some were made before that date, and, with the tax stamp, could have been sold. The bolt/ semi's are also straight up sales.

Estimate of value $70K+.

Can you say Parinoid ,dumb..................

"I have 911 on speed dial" = Government Dial-A-Prayer

" There is a sucker born every min> P.T Barnum"

Sick to my stomach, that this can go on in America,

TwoTrees

mark348
09-09-2007, 11:53 AM
just a thought.... but the weapon display looks just like i would set them out,,,,this guy is obviously not a gun guy,,,,iam surprised he would even handle them if he is so scared,,,,and also that he would have the knoweledge to unfold locking bipods???,,,,, my sinical self says itsa hoax,,,,,

HCL
09-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Unbelivible, the responces? I dont understand how folks can think that way?

Blammer
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
the title should then read ".. then throws gold down drain."

Blammer
09-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Heck he probably could have paid off the house with what was in that safe.

Merc41
09-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I just got through checking out some of the responses to this article I posted on the other forum. From what some of the others are saying, is that this person did this as a JOKE. After re-reading the article, I find myself believing that it could indeed be a prank.
I am however puzzled over the responses to the article on that site, and wonder if they too are fake?
I honestly do believe that there are people out there so misinformed that they would actually do stuff like that.

mark348
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
i think it a prank to see what would be said by the people on that forum,,,,sad so many people have thier head burried where the sun don't shine

Harpman
09-09-2007, 06:39 PM
second amendment says all those guns are legal.

Paul B
09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
That guy should be hung by his testicles (if he has any) and roasted over a slow fire.
Paul B.

kodiak1
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
WOW that is all I can say.
Ken.

reloader62
09-09-2007, 08:20 PM
All I can say is those are too nice of collectables to be destroyed ! It would pose a slight problem but I would have found a way to keep the autos, At least he could have sold the others.

LarryM
09-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Dreams like that make me wake up in the middle of the night with my trigger finger hard....

Powderface
09-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Prank, Hoax, or Urban Legend either way I don't believe a word of it.

Mike

leftiye
09-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Hey, If the MGs are free, I could afford the ridiculous price of the license!

KCSO
09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Probably not a hoax as this weekend I transfered 9 pistols ranging from a mint WWI Luger to a M/F 25 auto for a fellow here. A lady in Omaha wanted those dangerous things out of her house and gave him the lot of them.

Char-Gar
09-10-2007, 06:08 PM
My BS detector is going off...

KCSO
09-11-2007, 12:03 PM
Chargar
All I can say is I cleaned and appraised the lot of them and her son in law confirmed the deal. She just wanted them OUT of her house. I know that my mom sold my great uncle's 55 chevy for $100 because she didn't want "that rusty old thing", in her back yard. My Aunt threw away, In the trash, all my uncles hand tools when he died. People are strange and strange things happen.

Char-Gar
09-11-2007, 12:48 PM
KCSO... My "BS detector" comment had to do with the original "gold mine" post and not yours.

I don't doubt your story in the least. Four years ago, a lady wanted to dispose of her deceased husbands pistols, because she "wanted them out of the house". I sold them all for her to a former inhabitant of Shooter.com board (Grumble), save one. She gave me a 1949 Colt Officers Model Match (22 lr.) with original Roper grips on it for my trouble.

Over the years, I have run into the same story several times... People just didn't want guns around the house. I guess they are afraid, the guns might be rabid and bite them.

Story
09-11-2007, 01:04 PM
My BS detector is going off...

Yup, mine is pegged to the right. There's plenty of panty-wetting leftists that are terrified of firearms, but this thread and photo are entirely different.

The original poster, Chad86 3-Series ©47, is yanking those guys' chains.
And they fell for it.

trooperdan
09-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I'd like to be able to pin the location of the OP down some and see if there is a police report on such a turn-in! Any chance someone here has that info? I suspect also it is a prank.

floodgate
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
KCSO:

Well, think of it this way: If EVERYONE saved EVERYTHING, there'd be no market for "vintage" stuff, and eBay would collapse. Hmmmm.....

floodgate

georgeld
09-12-2007, 03:12 AM
I got a great deal two weeks ago similar. Not any guns though.
An old shooting buddy is in a nursing home trying to die. He and I did a lot of shooting, gunshows, trading bsing etc. swapped some of my cast boolits for his '50's model 4 hole Lyman Turret press. He loaded 12 & 20 ga by the drums full. Had over 440 boxes loaded shotgun shells. Kept ready hulls and most primed in those 25# powder drums from yrs ago. Half a dozen of those and it looked like he had a thousand pounds of powder in the basement. Really only had 6 jugs and three smaller cans of powder and less than five pounds of shot, only one box of shotgun primers, all the rest were in primed hulls by the thousands.

Anyway, her son in laws, one's anti, the other's greedy don't know much. Kept telling her how dangerous all that powder was down there, it was going to blow the house up and such bs. She knew he and I spent a lot of time together and I might could use that stuff. So she called me one afternoon and said IF I'd come over and bring some boxes one of the Sil's was there and would help me take his reloading supplies out of the place. Huh??? what'd you say??? HUH? yeah, I know it floored me! So damn right I went and got a p/up full of boxes, glad I did too.

I spent six hours steady just taking bullets, primers, dies, loaded ammo can's, drum after drum of empty hulls in powder drums off the shelves and drawers putting it in boxes and the sil wheeled them up the 20 steps outside and loaded them in my p/up bed three feet deep, full 4'x7' utility box, cab full til I could barely get in it. Am sure there was close to a ton of stuff.

Over 15,000 primers, 60 lbs powder was all, 440 boxes loaded shotgun ammo, 12 50 cal can's of loaded rifle ammo, around 20,000 .224" bullets, I'll never have to buy more of these in my life.

Around 20-30 boxes of bullets for each cal: 243, 257, 270's, 308, .223, oh man, what a haul and it was donated to me because I made friends with the old guy.

IF anyone reading this wants to make a fair trade for 18 boxes of loaded .257 Roberts ammo and a few brass, contact me by e/mail: georgeld@hotmail.com[/email]
I'll swap these for something I can use.

I've traded off the excess shot gun supplies as I don't load them and the 'boys' kept the loading tools except some dies. Most likely for a yard sale from what I know about them.

I kept about 100 boxes of 12's and 40 of 20ga. Need to get me a 20 now.

I've been hoping she'd call me about his gun collection, but ,hasn't. The boys want them and will sell some of the rest. He only had about 50, half shotguns. I'd give my right nut to get in on those as I've shot some of them. He was a trap/skeet shooter champ for yrs around town.

Gotta quit, to wipe the drools off again,

PatMarlin
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Well we can't take it with us, and if a widow isn't in bad shape financially, it's a good thing. Probably made her feel good to give them to you also, as she knew how much her husband enjoyed that stuff, and you the same.

Hey- what grains are your .224's? I would like to do some trading for some of they're 55 and under.

Let me kow.... :drinks:

TAWILDCATT
09-14-2007, 02:33 PM
something smells about that collection.sad police were over and took guns.they would need tractoer trailer to take that and 2 days at least to do it.there was 200 or 300,000 dollars there if that was full auto stuff. and the rifles were worth at todays prices $1000 a piece.the mgs are 15/20,000 class.that looks more like a warehouse.and the ATF would of been there as the police would have called.
-------:coffee: ---:coffee: ---:Fire: ------[smilie=1: