PDA

View Full Version : who do I thank?

Bullshop
05-02-2013, 10:57 AM
To whom ever set up the new spell check that I started getting a couple days ago, THANK YOU ! I couldn't figure out how to do a spell check before but a couple days ago my misspelled words started showing up in red just like when I email. So prepare for my new image of correct spelling. This news should make some here very happy. On the flip side it may be very disappointing to some as you may think there is an imposter posting as me. Its a strange strange world we live in master Jack.

300winmag
05-02-2013, 11:04 AM
How did that happen, the ABC spell check in my create message box does nothing?

Bullshop
05-02-2013, 12:20 PM
I have no idea! I guess my spelling is so bad someone just couldn't stand it any more so they made it happen.
Guess they didn't want to buy lube and boolits from some stupid guy so they made me smart.
BTW the word boolit is underlined in red but I am leaving it. Ha! This is kewl, oops cool.

km101
05-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Bullshop, if you get a word that is underlined in red you can right click on it and a menu will appear. Simply choose "add to dictionary" if it is something like boolits that you want to use, or choose ignore so that the program will not correct it again. Just FYI.

Bullshop
05-02-2013, 02:44 PM
OH! Thanks

454PB
05-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Not to worry, there are quite a few members of this forum that are " spelling challenged", but their posts are worth the effort to decode.:-|

Bad Water Bill
05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Dang du thet mene Girty gunna hav ta larn how ter schpel now?

jcwit
05-02-2013, 03:46 PM
My puter started doing updates the other night and Bingo, I had the new spell check. Pretty cool.

runfiverun
05-02-2013, 08:20 PM
ha! if it is still underlined after two more attempts it stays that way.

cbrick
05-02-2013, 08:21 PM
Words misspelled never bothered me much, it's the "alphabet" posts that drive me nuts. One long paragraph with no caps or punctuation, just a long string of letters, those I won't even try to read.

Rick

Bullshop
05-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Sometimes I have an awful time trying to figure out abbreviations. Sometimes I give up trying.

KYCaster
05-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Dang du thet mene Girty gunna hav ta larn how ter schpel now?

Jeeez Bill, give the girl a break. Get her a key board big enough to use her one finger typing method and you'll probly be amazed at how well she can communicate. :roll:

Jerry

Bad Water Bill
05-02-2013, 09:00 PM
Jeeez Bill, give the girl a break. Get her a key board big enough to use her one finger typing method and you'll probly be amazed at how well she can communicate. :roll:

Jerry

NoU lev Mi mAn bil aLon. bLakSmiT MaiD me an sLip ONNE Shu wit 1 sPike Jist Fer tiPin.

JeffinNZ
05-02-2013, 11:10 PM
Great. Now the forum is nagging me too.

KYCaster
05-02-2013, 11:29 PM
NoU lev Mi mAn bil aLon. bLakSmiT MaiD me an sLip ONNE Shu wit 1 sPike Jist Fer tiPin.

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of yez need spillchick! :groner:

Oh! Wait a minit..........Gerty is culur blind and can't see the red underline and Bill probly just don't care what I tink! I'm just wastin' my time hear.

Jerry

P.S. It's tobacco planting time here, could I borrow Gerty for a couple of days. I promise to feed her well and the neighbor has a Jack that would love to meet her.

runfiverun
05-03-2013, 01:15 AM
I can read gerty's typing just fine.
it's other stuff that I can't quite make out at times.

snuffy
05-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Firefox has a spell checker built into their operating system. Anytime you're putting any text into a forum or other times, it puts those neat little red lines under a misspelled word, then gives you a choice of alternate spellings. Otherwise my posts would resemble gerty's !

Bad Water Bill
05-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of yez need spillchick! :groner:

Oh! Wait a minit..........Gerty is culur blind and can't see the red underline and Bill probly just don't care what I tink! I'm just wastin' my time hear.

Jerry

P.S. It's tobacco planting time here, could I borrow Gerty for a couple of days. I promise to feed her well and the neighbor has a Jack that would love to meet her.

Idjit kent ya evin git mi name kerekt GIRTY ant hard ta schpel.

I b a prospektin LADY not no pullin guy.

Bzcraig
05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
Would you kind gentlemen keep posting? I'm learning a new language.....post modern English maybe?

Swamp Man
05-04-2013, 10:47 PM
I use Apple computers they have a system wide spell check that can be set for auto correct. So I haven't noticed a spell check on this forum.

waksupi
05-08-2013, 06:24 PM
Sure don't take long for trolls to get banned here, does it?

Jim
05-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Reminds me of Superman..............'Faster than a speeding boolit!' :bigsmyl2:

Ohio Rusty
05-08-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm a great speller but a lousy typist ....
Ohio Rusty ><>

fishhawk
05-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Been so long I almost forgot how to do a ban!