PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, RUGER

buck1
09-07-2007, 06:43 PM
A few months ago my OM Vaquero 44mag SS front sight fell off [smilie=1: . I went to my local gunshop and had them send it back to Ruger for me. Well it took 2 months but I got it back today. Its been repolished, it has new screws , a new pawl,new sight, trigger spring, and base pin( yep I forgot to take it out!). Anyway My total bill for it all came to $20.00, and that was for the return shipping. Thats it![smilie=w:
I was thinking $150. anyway! I am needless to say very happy with Rugers service!............Buck

S.R.Custom
09-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow. I'm guessing that the guy who sent his revlover in for a rebuild, but only got a new front sight, is feeling pretty hosed right now... :mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
09-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Mag--

While I hope that isn't what happened--that text did bring a chuckle just the same.

44man
09-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Ruger will go out of their way for us. My friend done a stupid thing and blew his gun. Ruger sold him a new one at their cost.

Old Ironsights
09-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Ruger will go out of their way for us. My friend done a stupid thing and blew his gun. Ruger sold him a new one at their cost.

Unless you want more than a 10rd magazine... but why be picky... :???:

Johnch
09-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I have heard of other guys that got simelar sevvice from Ruger
A freing sent a Early Mk2 22 back for a missfire problem
As far as he could tell everything but the frame and barrel was changed

But don't send a rifle back with a aftermarket trigger [smilie=1: [smilie=1:
You get the rifle back with a original trigger and yours in a plastic bag in the box
With a nice letter about returning it to you in factory spec shape

John

44man
09-08-2007, 07:27 AM
True, I know what they would do with my 1-1/2# trigger and home made transfer bar. [smilie=1: Best to put it back to original before returning it. I would buy a spare hammer.

tanstafl10
09-08-2007, 07:31 AM
I too had good dealings with Ruger.

1st--- I lost the ejector shroud screw from a Vaquero when it loosened while shooting and flew off somewhere in the grass. Aphone call and they sent me a new one at no cost

2nd--- Very similar, but on a Super Blackhawk, they ejector shroud came off while shooting. This screw mates to a stud soldered (welded???) to the barrel and had to be returned to the factory. It took a good while, but when it got back to me... no charge!!

I, too, have had good service from Ruger.

buck1
09-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Thats why they changed my base pin(belt mtn custom) :(

True, I know what they would do with my 1-1/2# trigger and home made transfer bar. [smilie=1: Best to put it back to original before returning it. I would buy a spare hammer.

30hrrtt
09-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I was out shooting my Ruger 357 Acusport Bisley last weekend and a wooden grip broke at the pin. I called Ruger Tuesday and yesterday a new set arrive with a note to return the old ones, no questions asked.

Sundogg1911
09-08-2007, 10:32 PM
Buck1, Thanks for the info!
The only Ruger that I currently own is a blued 4" .357 mag. Security 6.
I always take note of good (or bad) service. It really is important to me. I've had really great service from S&W, Para-Ordnance, and Taurus (although I've heard things to the contrary about Taurus lately) Needless to say, I will or won't buy a gun from information like this. also realoading or casting equipment. I've had nothing but terrific service from Dillon.

HEAD0001
09-09-2007, 04:23 AM
Ruger told me they wanted me to send my Blackhawk 357 Maximum back to them. However they want to keep it. I think I will pass. Tom.:castmine:

44man
09-09-2007, 07:51 AM
That Max was the most accurate gun I ever had. I shot a 39 at the first silhouette shoot with NO sight settings, I guessed at them but missed the first ram. I made a mistake and sold it to buy another makers gun---what a mistake!

Dale53
09-09-2007, 11:02 AM
I have had a couple of experiences with Ruger Service:

1 - I bought a used .45 Colt Blawkhawk. The gun was WELL used and was missing an ejector rod ass'y. The trigger guard was not fitted properly to the frame (original Ruger problem) and it needed refinished. I sent it to Ruger and got back pretty much a new gun (replaced trigger guard ass'y that was NOW fitted perfectly, replaced the missing ejector rod ass'y, and refinished the revolver. They did a really nice job and the price was so low as to be laughable. Needless to say, I am a Ruger fan.

2 - When the Red Hawks were new I bought one. Naturally, I had to see what they looked like inside. Sprin-g-g-g-g! Off goes some parts as the revolver is taken apart. I had shag carpet on the floor. A couple of small parts were lost forever. I called Ruger and told them EXACTLY what happened. They sent the parts to me immediately. I took pains to explain that this was entirely my fault. No Charge! I am still a Ruger Fan...

Dale53

snowtigger
09-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Buck, how was the trigger on that Vaquero?
I have a SRH .454 Casull that was having AD's. That's no fun!!
At first I thought it was me, as it was cery cold that day and I was wearing gloves. After the third AD, I took it home, gave it a very good cleaning, and tried it again (with .45 Colt's). It kept doing it.
I called R-uger and after some discussion, they sent me a pre-paid label for UPS. Five weeks later, I got it back Fed-ex. (I also got to meet the Fed-Ex lady, who shoots SASS). We spent most of an hour, talking guns.
but, I digress. The gun was fixed, it seems the sear was chipped and would slip occasionally. I got the gun in a trade and do not know how it was handeled before I got it. I do know it was only fired about a dozen times, and the guy was afraid of it.
After it went through Ruger's repair shop, it has the best trigger I have ever seen on a Ruger. The front office may be afraid of lawyers, but the repair shop knows what they are doing.

Total cost to me $0.00. That's service.

mag_01
09-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Ruger A good company for sure --- had a black-hawk badly beat up with heavy loads to the point it would not index. Sent the gun to Ruger and was returned in a very reasonable time. They repaired it --- put my reworked parts in a little plastic bag and returned them with the gun -- NO charge ---- A company that is a pleasure to do business with Mag_01

4570guy
09-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I too have had excellent experience with Ruger's customer service. I dropped the slide off my P97 while cleaning it a while back and broke the rear sight. I looked on-line and saw that a new sight cost something like $20-30 or so, and I called up Ruger to order one. They sent me a new one for free and didn't even charge me shipping. I explained to the girl on the phone that this was completely my fault -- no matter -- the new part was free.

buck1
09-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Buck, how was the trigger on that Vaquero?
I have a SRH .454 Casull that was having AD's. That's no fun!!
At first I thought it was me, as it was cery cold that day and I was wearing gloves. After the third AD, I took it home, gave it a very good cleaning, and tried it again (with .45 Colt's). It kept doing it.
I called R-uger and after some discussion, they sent me a pre-paid label for UPS. Five weeks later, I got it back Fed-ex. (I also got to meet the Fed-Ex lady, who shoots SASS). We spent most of an hour, talking guns.
but, I digress. The gun was fixed, it seems the sear was chipped and would slip occasionally. I got the gun in a trade and do not know how it was handeled before I got it. I do know it was only fired about a dozen times, and the guy was afraid of it.
After it went through Ruger's repair shop, it has the best trigger I have ever seen on a Ruger. The front office may be afraid of lawyers, but the repair shop knows what they are doing.

Total cost to me $0.00. That's service.
It was a bit stiff and had some travel(normal Ruger) BUUUT not any more [smilie=1: [smilie=1: :drinks: .