PDA

View Full Version : Dinner with Ozzies

TXGunNut
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Had dinner tonight with a couple from Hamilton, Victoria tonight and can't get over the similarities and differences between Australia and the USA. They're old friends and clients and they come over twice a year to make purchases for their business. They travel all over the midwest during their stay and have probably seen more of this area than I have.
Even tho they're not shooters we generally get together for dinner to catch up, I really enjoy their take on our current events amd politics. Quite an experience.

waksupi
04-29-2013, 10:54 PM
It must be Australia visitation night. I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with David Wallace down in Queensland. That is the longest I have ever spent on a phone!

TXGunNut
04-30-2013, 10:50 PM
The likenesses and differences are amazing. Funny how a long distance call from down under is often just as clear or often better than a local call. I like talking to them better after they've been here for a couple of weeks, they lighten up on the accent and even pick up a bit of a drawl.

waksupi
04-30-2013, 11:21 PM
I was picking up a small amount of lag on the phone, but as you say, it was perfectly clear.

TXGunNut
04-30-2013, 11:37 PM
I get a lag, often an echo, on our internet based phones @ work. Can be quite annoying. I've gotten used to it on international calls, I guess.