PDA

View Full Version : I just have to gloat ...

lawboy
09-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I just scored a Star lube sizer, two dies and a top punch and about 7 sticks of havalina lube for $45. hehe. Made my day.

TAWILDCATT
09-07-2007, 04:36 PM
theres allways a kill joy in the crowd:coffee: ----:Fire: ---:Fire: ---:coffee: ----[smilie=1:

lawboy
09-07-2007, 04:48 PM
sorry, hehe. I also scored a couple thousand cast lead bullets in 356, 358, 430 for $40, hehe. Will likely list them on the new reloading auction site.:-D

shotstring
09-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Did you happen to score an entire elk, cut up into steaks and roasts and flash frozen for $12.00 along with that sizer and lead bullet stash by any chance? :roll:

dragonrider
09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
That's a bargain for sure, nice score.

No_1
09-08-2007, 03:49 PM
Good deal dude! Your good fortune gives the rest of us hope. If you ever get around to selling it, we know the price....

lawboy
09-10-2007, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the nice comments. No, I have not scored an elk yet ... but I've tasted them and I sure wouldn't mind bagging one!
Not for sale at this time, hehe. I have two of them and would not mind finding a third.

Marshal Kane
09-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I just scored a Star lube sizer, two dies and a top punch and about 7 sticks of havalina lube for $45. hehe. Made my day.
Congratulations on making a GREAT buy! I guess that would be equivalent to my buying a Star lubrisizer at an estate sale for $15, yes that's fifteen dollars! It's the current model and all it needed was a little cleanup with some solvent. Could have picked up a couple of RCBS Lub-A-Matics for $15 apiece too but I was already walking on air and not thinking too straight anymore. By the time I got back to the sale, everything was gone. You will enjoy using your Star just as much as I do mine!

hunterldh
09-16-2007, 07:04 PM
I hope you didn't get it from some poor widow who needed the money. - Hunter

Marshal Kane
09-17-2007, 03:00 PM
I hope you didn't get it from some poor widow who needed the money. - Hunter
Have NO idea whose estate this stuff came from. All the items on sale were tagged and left on a table marked "Estate Sale" in a Costa Mesa, CA gunshop. I shudda picked up the RCBS Lube-a-matic 2s and the extra Star dies selling for $5 a piece too. There were two Star reloaders there (set up for .45 ACP and .38 Special wadcutter) tagged at $50 a piece but they were a bit rusty, missing some parts, and older models. They looked like they could have been restored to service with some TLC. Will never see another estate sale like this again.:mrgreen: