PDA

View Full Version : oh, now food stamps for pets

gunoil
04-28-2013, 06:59 PM
I give , pet food stamps for pets on the news? Non profit outfit. Oh well.

And the guy that practice firing his pistol in walmart, just a slap on the hand. Heck, thats cheaper than jims indoor range.

Iam glad iam 60.

DLCTEX
04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
Our vet says Medicaid pays for pet neutering.

montana_charlie
04-30-2013, 12:24 PM
Our vet says Medicaid pays for pet neutering.
Your vet is probably in danger of a federal beef for Medicare fraud.

Swamp Man
04-30-2013, 12:40 PM
Yes it's going to happen before long they will add another tax on the working class to pay for the lowlifes pet food and vet bills.

km101
04-30-2013, 01:23 PM
It has probably already happened and we just don't know it yet! It may be buried in "Obamacare - the law that nobody has read". And if the Vet gets busted for Medicaid fraud, he will be in good company. There are thousands of doctors and maybe even a few vets who have been indicted, but never seem to come to trial. There is something broken in our Justice Dept. when Border Patrol agents get prosecuted for upholding the law, and Justice Dept. employees violate it with impunity, and fraud is rampant in Social Secutiry, Medicare and Medicaid and nothing is done.

Just my $0.02!

para45lda
04-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Unless I am mistaken you can get two pets per year "fixed" on Medicaid. I was surprised too.

montana_charlie
04-30-2013, 05:59 PM
I did some Googling and learned some things. It may not be the whole story, but it seems that many communities offer low cost 'fixing' of pets owned by low income people. Often it's a deal where the owner is required to fork over a small 'co-pay' of five ot ten dollars per animal.
To prove that you are poor enough to qualify for the 'help', most of them require that you show one of several documents that prove he is receiving public benefits.

So, 'Medicaid' doesn't pay for the neutering, but the surgery is done at very low cost BECAUSE the owner is on Medicaid.

If your Googling shows something different, be sure to post it.

CM

LC Press
04-30-2013, 06:29 PM
Wow...just wow.

Neighbor lost his job and is on WIC and food stamps (debit card). Family of four gets $768 a month plus 6 gallons of milk, 8 loaves of bread, 6 boxes of cereal, and a few other things. I was quit surprised and so was he. He won't be on it long but it is easy to see how some "live" on that side of the fence.

$1300 a month of unemployment (99 weeks and welfare after that), housing assistance (if he moved to rent assistance housing) $45/month including utilities, and a good $1000 of food assistance (total).

montana_charlie
04-30-2013, 08:59 PM
He won't be on it long
Time will tell ...

smokemjoe
04-30-2013, 10:07 PM
You can get on housing, food stamp easy here Iowa., they come across the river, From Ill. and no waiting time.
They all have dogs, no tags, shots, we pay high for our dog to be legal.
Now they can get steaks for the pets and we can get dog food after working all our life.

Swamp Man
05-01-2013, 02:35 AM
You can get on housing, food stamp easy here, they come across the river and no waiting time.
They all have dogs, no tags, shots, we pay high for our dog to be legal.
Now they can get steaks for the pets and we can get dog food after working all our life.
Welcome to America.

gray wolf
05-01-2013, 07:07 AM
Oh I see how it works, They cut our food stamps to less than 20$$ a month.
and now they take care of pets ?? *** is going on ??
But we can still go to the Church for food hand outs.
***************EAT LESS, IT'S THE AMERICAN WAY*************
I guess