PDA

View Full Version : Score one for the Good guys

Blacksmith
04-28-2013, 11:00 AM
From Yahoo News not enough of these stories get posted on the media.

‘Soft-Spoken’ Man Saves the Day After 2 Allegedly Break In: ‘I Had My Gun in My Hand in 5 Seconds’

http://news.yahoo.com/soft-spoken-man-saves-day-2-allegedly-break-235220349.html

TXGunNut
04-28-2013, 12:11 PM
Probably happens all too often but it doesn't fit big media's agenda so we're not likely to hear about it. Main thing is, as our hero points out, that it all ended peacefully.

GaryN
04-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Most times it only takes the presence of a gun to stop the problem. Then again, if it doesn't, you can stop the problem permanently.

wallenba
04-28-2013, 04:39 PM
He would have been justified in shooting, as they were armed, albeit by a pellet gun. He would have had to know it was a pellet gun, for the police to say otherwise. The chance to make a lasting 'impression' on them was missed. Now they might just decide to go back and steal the gun, now that they know were it is, since our justice system fails to keep them off the streets. Chances are, they've already made bail and are walking the streets. Yeah..I'm cynical in these regards.
Notice too, the accompanying picture of the Fugate residence. There is a wheel chair ramp. These lowlifes obviously thought there was easy pickins' inside.

TXGunNut
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Funny thing aboout these home invasion robberies is that a fair percentage are drug dealer on drug dealer. One that I'm familiar with even made it to the Rifleman's "Armed Citizen" section.