PDA

View Full Version : Thanks all

Waterguy52
04-27-2013, 08:05 PM
I want to thank all you selfless folks that have posted so much great information about casting. I've been reading this forum(finally joined) for over a year wanting to cast my own boolits. I finally found some lead for a good price, got my lyman kit, an rcbs 40 mould, and some handles. My first boolits today came out pretty darn good thanks to all. Fun stuff.[smilie=s:

wallenba
04-27-2013, 08:14 PM
Welcome. We aim to reduce the learning time, so as to not leave anyone discouraged and give up on a great old time activity. I was lucky enough to find this group when I began casting. I've learned so much, so fast, that I now am able to share it.

44man
04-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Wonderful! What took you so long?

Dannmann801
04-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Welcome. We aim to reduce the learning time, so as to not leave anyone discouraged and give up on a great old time activity. I was lucky enough to find this group when I began casting. I've learned so much, so fast, that I now am able to share it.

I'd like to second Waterguy's sentiments - the wealth of info here is amazing.
And thanks to all you guys who take the time to share.
(hahaha.... funny how folks wanna hoard lead and supplies but share info so openly - just a thought that made me smile :smile: )
Actually, there is SO much info here and so much to learn it leaves a new guy like me with my head spinning.:veryconfu
I'm finding it best to pick out a specific question and concentrate on that.

Seriously - this is a LARGE site - and a lot of info to sift thru. I'd say that's why some of us hang out for a while before joining.

04-28-2013, 09:49 AM
One thing you will quickly learn is, WE LIKE PICTURES. Welcome.

MtGun44
04-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome!

No doubt there is a lot of info. I suggest spending some time with the stickies, there
is a lot there. Then using the search feature. I think there is a sticky (not certain, tho)
on a way to search inside the site with a regular search engine. Unfortunately the
site search engine has some quirks that I have not fully figured out, and I suspect
new visitors will have some difficulty.

In any case, even asking "Is there a good thread on AAABBBCC topic?" will usually
get you some good info and let you see what has been said about a particular topic.

Relatively few topics have not been already hashed over in the past.

Have fun, read up, and don't be afraid to ask.

Bill

44man
04-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Go to any other site and they are DEAD! Come here and there is a continuous flow of questions and answers from those that will help.
The good people here care about you and there is never a stupid question.
Some have money, some are poor and there is no distinction between, real shooters.
Nobody should lurk.
I shot every kind of competition you can name until I can't afford it any more and found the very best will help every single shooter. They live here.
You will be among friends.