PDA

View Full Version : PET Scan Next Week

TXGunNut
04-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Miss Kitty just had kittens yesterday, doubt I'll find them before then. May have to reschedule. :wink:
Had a couple of suspect CT scans in the last few weeks, PET is next week or so. Doc is pretty sure it's just a precaution but something won't let him blow it off. He's a friend and he wasn't able to save my dad or his 2nd wife, told him we were going to put a mark in the "win" column.

km101
04-26-2013, 10:20 PM
Better to be safe than sorry! Get checked out and get some peace of mind. Hope everything checks out OK!

TXGunNut
04-26-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks, I could have a lot of fun for the price of a PET scan but I'm willing to write a big check for a little peace of mind. Could also get me a BP reading the other docs can live with.

Cactus Farmer
04-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I got mine last week and the results yesterday AM. One year after the last radiation and I got an all clear. No change in anything the scan showed last time. I had a bad tonsil....plus the first scan showed a mass inbetween my heart and backbone. One biopsy later (picture being run thru with a rapier) and it was just a hot lymph node. They showed up again but not bigger and less activity. Back in six months for the next checkup.
I hoppe you find out it's nothing......be prepared for the crappy taste when they give you the Fluorine 18, half live of 110 min. so it's gone by the end of the day.

TXGunNut
04-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the tip on the funny taste, Cactus Farmer. Hadn't read about that yet. Glad you got a good report. The CT dye was a little odd for me, didn't feel right for several hours. Food tasted kinda odd as well. I'm thinking PET scan will show nothing to be concerned about but I just don't need the stress of not knowing for sure.