PDA

View Full Version : pure pb

GP100man
09-06-2007, 07:26 PM
some time back i asked about battery cable ends & if they were pure or alloyed .
well today is week 3 on curing time on the 2 batches cast .
both batches are the lee 158gr.rf boolit, one batch is stick on WW the other is the cable ends.
when smelted i pour a 3# ingot in a angle iron mould i cut a piece of 95/5 lead free solder the length of the ingots to help fillout which was needed.
the boolits from the cable ends are averaging 10.2 bhn & the stick on 8.7 bhn
i tested 25 boolits per batch.
just a follow up on a question i had to answer my self & one more roundtoit done!!!!!

GP100man:-D

:cbpour:

Bass Ackward
09-07-2007, 06:31 AM
Thanks. I musta missed the origional question, but I would assume that they would have something in them to toughen them just a little for .... operator abuse. :grin:

But 8.7 on the "pure" stuff. Ever comparred your tester to someone elses?

GP100man
09-07-2007, 01:14 PM
bass akward
my original question was the make up of battery cable ends.
the stick on WW probably aint pure either ,but thats what i run the cable ends against.the little bit of tin i put in probably didnt raise the bhn ,but sure made a difference in fill out especially on the stick on WW,which were closer to (pure) pb .
i checked em with a lee lead tester,&if consistently used gives good results as long as the factory calibrations on the spring is set & you dont go blind trying to see thru the microscope, but no i havent compared to any other bhn checks.

GP100man :cbpour:

GP100man