PDA

View Full Version : College paper on CB's!

fiberoptik
08-10-2005, 01:26 AM
I had to write a term paper, so I decided to write it on the benifits of.....Cast Bullets! I think it turned out pretty good for a quick & dirty job. Any interested, lemme know, I'll attach a copy. (somewhere/somehow). [smilie=f:

fatnhappy
08-10-2005, 01:32 AM
I'm laughing pretty hard, I did a college statistics paper on external ballistics. It almost looked professional. :)

waksupi
08-10-2005, 03:56 PM
I'd sure like to see it. Can you cut and paste it to a post? May be too long. If not, email me at waksupi at aboutmontana.net

Gunload Master
08-10-2005, 04:58 PM
If you save it as a .zip file then you can just directly attach it to your post, like you would attach an image.

9.3X62AL
08-11-2005, 10:05 AM
About a year and a half ago, I helped one of my nephews with a ballistic research project involving the 223 Remington and the 58 caliber Zouave. Over the course of 3 range visits he gathered data, and I looked on as he reloaded the ammunition using my tools. We were obliged to use J-words to correspond to printed ballistic tables for the 223, but home-made castings got the call in the front-loader. His presentation included a 3-minute video showing the shooting and loading of the Zouave, an AR-15, and a bolt Ruger 77. He got an "A" on the project, and expanded the work a bit for a Boy Scout project with his fellow Scouts. Some mighty fond memories flow from the time we spent firing and reloading, and helping out the Scouts on the range.

Buckshot
08-12-2005, 05:09 AM
...........I'd like to see it too. Really!

...........Buckshot

Bass Ackward
08-12-2005, 07:10 AM
About a year and a half ago, I helped one of my nephews with a ballistic research project involving the 223 Remington and the 58 caliber Zouave. Over the course of 3 range visits he gathered data, and I looked on as he reloaded the ammunition using my tools. We were obliged to use J-words to correspond to printed ballistic tables for the 223, but home-made castings got the call in the front-loader. His presentation included a 3-minute video showing the shooting and loading of the Zouave, an AR-15, and a bolt Ruger 77. He got an "A" on the project, and expanded the work a bit for a Boy Scout project with his fellow Scouts. Some mighty fond memories flow from the time we spent firing and reloading, and helping out the Scouts on the range.

Al,

Excellent. Love to see instruction with young people. It is the only method that is going to keep shooters a fixed percentage of the population so they can maintain enough political power to keep politions honest.

And it probably was fun for you too.

9.3X62AL
08-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Oh, HELL YEAH it was fun!

I imagine Joshua still has copies of the DVD laying around. If I can SLOW HIM DOWN, I'll see what's up with that. Much of the video dealt with the differences between operator regimen in the muzzle loader, bolt, and self-loading systems, and overall the ballistic and operational improvements wrought by technology over 100 years of rifle development.

His biggest point was how difficult and dangerous it was for the soldier to reload the Civil War musket--even with the shorter Zouave, loading in any position but sitting or standing was well-nigh impossible--and time-consuming while under fire.

floodgate
08-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Al:

"His biggest point was how difficult and dangerous it was for the soldier to reload the Civil War musket--even with the shorter Zouave, loading in any position but sitting or standing was well-nigh impossible--and time-consuming while under fire."

I don't know if it is still around, but if you can find a video of the film "The Red Badge of Courage", made back in the '50's from the Stephen Crane novella, you will see some very realistic scenes of loading and shooting the Civil War revolvers and rifle-muskets. The soldiers rolled to one side, laid the Minie' muskets along side, tore open the paper-wrapped cartridge and fumbled the load and ramrod into the barrel, cocked and capped and rolled back to fire over the trench parapet. A VERY grim and realistic movie, but also a very beautifully made one.

floodgate