PDA

View Full Version : New Rifle Marksmanship Book for Beginner Through Intermediate Shooters

RG1911
04-24-2013, 12:06 PM
[Let me know if this is in the wrong section.]

I'd like to put in a plug for a new rifle marksmanship book that is aimed at beginner through intermediate shooters. Even if you're an advanced shooter who normally shoots from a bench or prone, this will show you how to use a sling in the field and the best ways to get the best accuracy from other positions. Numerous photographs illustrate each procedure.

The book is the Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifle Marksmanship by Peter Lessler and is available from Amazon for only $9.99:

Amazon.com: Gun Digest Shooter's Guide to Rifle Marksmanship (9781440235122): Peter Lessler: Books

Peter is an experienced and avid hunter, IPSC and Highpower competitor, and Appleseed instructor. This book evolved and was refined over almost five years.

Complete disclosure: I'm the photographer (and a number of the examples shown are mine). But Gun Digest has already paid me and I don't get any royalties.

Cheers,
Richard

boltaction308
04-24-2013, 12:41 PM
I noticed on Amazon that there is also a handgun version thats not out yet. Do you know when it will be available.

RG1911
04-24-2013, 03:13 PM
Peter mailed the proof copy back to Gun Digest/Krause Publications this morning. So I'm going to say it will be available in the May - June time frame. I did the preorder on Amazon for both books, and the rifle book was delivered yesterday. I did the photography for the pistol book, also.

Nope, I don't get a free copy.

;-)

Cheers,
Richard