PDA

View Full Version : One of the good guys...goodsteel

NewbieDave007
04-23-2013, 12:14 AM
A little while ago I was contacted (out of the blue) by one of our members that lives in the same town as I do. Being that I am just getting into reloading and don’t know anyone that does, it was surprising that a stranger would take the time to contact me and invite me over. Fast forward to tonight and I spent 3 hours at his house as he answered all of my questions (even the stupid ones), and even allowed me to assist with running through the process of making some 45-70 GOVT.

I learned more in those 3 hours than I have in the months of reading and YouTube watch combined. Thank you very much goodsteel and thank you Cast Boolits for having great members like this.

Thanks.
Dave

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
04-23-2013, 12:24 AM
That's what it is all about!

Buzz64
04-23-2013, 12:25 AM
I'll second the nod to Goodsteel. Lot of good advice both on the board and through PMs for a newbie learning about shop equipment.

smoked turkey
04-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Welcome to the forum. I think you will find there lots of good folk here. I will say that goodsteel is one of the real good ones. You are fortunate to live so close to him. If I was closer he would probably get tired of seeing me.

linotype
04-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Welcome to the Forum!
Yes, Goodsteel is good people. Have a lot of respect for the young man.

koehn,jim
04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Welcome aboard.

jmort
04-23-2013, 10:25 AM
From what I have seen, Goodsteel is a good member and his posts are real good.

NewbieDave007
04-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Now I have a slightly changed plan of action, but with much better knowledge moving forward.

MBTcustom
04-25-2013, 09:33 AM
Glad to help Dave!
However, don't get the idea that I'm special or anything. There are literally THOUSANDS of fellers here that would do the same and more.
I have been the recipient far more often than I have been the giver, and I feel I have a large debt to pay back for all the good that has been done to me here.
You are welcome in my shop any time, as is anyone on this forum who wants to learn some of what I have gleaned over the years.
I do my level best to make sure you leave better than you came.
It was very good to meet you.

NewbieDave007
04-25-2013, 10:34 AM
Goodsteel,

I guess what I was trying to get at was that as a father and bread winner myself (like you), I know how hard time is to come by and I appreciate that you took 3 hours for a complete stranger.

I'm sure I will be in contact with you with a million follow up questions once I've done all of my reading and started reloading and/or smelting that range lead.

Thanks again.
Dave

Harter66
04-25-2013, 09:27 PM
Tim,
Your far too modest. Probably too generous as well.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet but everything is top shelf and fits like it should. His communication throughout the job was outstanding . He also offered to take a lot of time out for me as well , fortuately probably , we were snowed out.