PDA

View Full Version : gun cleaning and my cat

27judge
04-22-2013, 09:49 PM
I came home from the range and set my 3 handguns out to clean .The wife called me for dinner and 30 min. later this is what I found.One S&W 41 mag, one ruger hunter 44 mag, and one fusion 45 1911, and one cat. Every time I put a case up on the pool table if its open in he goes. Oh well no harm and it sure makes for a neat picture . tks KEN

freebullet
04-22-2013, 10:12 PM
If that cat ever heard one of those fire I doubt it would lay there again.

ph4570
04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Cats are a hoot. If my big orange tom is in my office and I get out of my computer chair for more than a nanosecond in he jumps.

TXGunNut
04-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Be careful, I had a cat that made a habit of peeing on my small carry-on bags. He hated it when I packed up & left, took it out on my luggage. My brother, OTOH, has a cat that won't miss a gun-cleaning session in his study.

DougGuy
04-22-2013, 11:28 PM
I had a gray tabby that loved bass string changing time. She would bite the vibrating strings, squint her eyes and sneeze and make faces like she was biting lemon juice. Funny as hell!

pipehand
04-23-2013, 06:31 PM
Cats are predisposed to getting hair on things you don't want hair on. Ours plots and plans that all day, every day.

oldred
04-23-2013, 07:27 PM
Cats are predisposed to getting hair on things you don't want hair on. Ours plots and plans that all day, every day.

We have those sticky lint rollers all over the house and keep them in our cars too!

Silver Eagle
04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Off Topic: The only thing cat hair does not stick to is the cat!
On-Topic: Anytime I take out my range bag our male cow pattern will park on it. Same goes for suitcases and boxes.

popper
04-23-2013, 11:42 PM
When my Siamese wanted to play he would get the amp cable out of the closet and tackle my leg. My dog likes to chew on cases and rocks.

contender1
04-24-2013, 08:50 AM
If y'all haven't figured it out,, cats like to be involved in your activities. They just go about it in their own fashion. My five do have their different personalities,, but all of them want to be the center of attention.

Jim
04-24-2013, 09:41 AM
"I smell powder residue. This gun needs to be cleaned."

Smitty's Retired
04-24-2013, 09:56 AM
I think mine likes the smell of "Break Free". I can clean one of my rifles, and when I come back in the house, she will start sniffing. It's like....... she can't quite figure out what the smell is. I've had some people tell me "Break Free" has trace amounts of fish oil. If so, I guess that could be it.

opos
04-24-2013, 10:58 AM
I've discovered I dont need a gun lock or a gun safe..

popper
04-24-2013, 11:51 AM
That's one ornery looking dude.

Jim
04-24-2013, 11:57 AM
That's one ornery looking dude.

If somebody held you down and did that to you, I 'magine you'd be lookin' for a fight, too! That's a cat I would NOT wanna' corner.

44man
04-24-2013, 03:02 PM
Cat tails make great bore cleaning tools! [smilie=s:
We have two, not allowed in the house. One is crazy, loves the dogs but rubs on me too. TONS of hair on my pants and it is a pain to remove. That stuff is the original Velcro.

Smitty's Retired
04-24-2013, 07:02 PM

Looks like he's saying, "You gotta go to sleep sometime, and when you do.........!!!!!"

9w1911
04-24-2013, 11:50 PM
OP you have a Fusion, I am jealous!

uscra112
04-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Cats are a hoot. If my big orange tom is in my office and I get out of my computer chair for more than a nanosecond in he jumps.

I've got one that pesters me when I'm at the computer desk, pretending he wants to go out. Finally I get up and walk to the door, and as soon as I'm far enough from the desk he races back and hops in the chair!

Was not on my schedule to have any kind of pets, but this one showed up at the door last February, maybe 12-14 weeks old, cold, wet and hungry, so what am I to do? Little rascal has already cost me $100 in vet bills, with more to come, too.

Wish I had video of it - he has a perch on top of a very small bookcase by a window, where he can watch the birds. He's grown big enough that when he writhes around washing himself he has actually fallen right off it. Twice! Funnier things I have rarely seen.

44man
04-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Pets are my life. My little Pekinese is a leaf and grass mop. Carol wants me to cut the hair off her legs---GOOD LUCK with that!
I like cats too but don't want litter pans, stink or hair in the house.
It was because long ago I was super sensitive to them. I could walk through the front door and out the back door, if there was a cat in the house my eyes would be swollen before I left.
Dogs never bothered me. Cats turned my eyes red, swelled them shut and made me scratch my skin off. I have gotten better but can't take the chance.

jlchucker
04-25-2013, 10:10 AM

He sure isn't happy with that haircut!

Frozone
04-25-2013, 03:25 PM
My cat showed up on my porch late one fall. Skinny as a a rail and started living in a box. It still likes boxes, BTW.
It was such a well behaved cat I adopted it.
The poor thing is neurotic. It'll wake up and run though the house screaming until it finds you, then hug your ankles for a few seconds. After that it's back to being a cat for a while.

It's so darn hairy that I never figured out if it was a male or a female.

It Must be a Male however - It claims the remote control as it's own!!!68429