PDA

View Full Version : My Father in Law is in need of prayers

LocoFixer
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
About three weeks ago my father in law fell in the bathroom, fracturing three vertebrae in his neck. He had been recovering well and all was looking good. My wife received a phone call Saturday morning from her sister that he had been taken to the hospital with breathing problems. They have found out that he has pneumonia and his air way is swollen. He has been on a ventilator since his arrival at the hospital. I sent my wife and children back home to spend time with Him and the rest of the family. I come here to ask for prayers and thoughts for my father in law and the whole family.

Thanks Ben

NSB
04-22-2013, 07:31 PM
I'll say one for all of you. Good Luck.

daniel lawecki
04-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Prayers sent.

missionary5155
04-23-2013, 07:52 AM
Good morning Ben
I will also pray for his swift recovery. May God give the family peace in these days.
Mike in Peru

Charlie Two Tracks
04-23-2013, 09:22 AM
I will pray for his healing. Please keep us updated.

Gibbs44
04-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Prayers sent.

LocoFixersbetterhalf
04-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Just a little update on my Dad... He has been in the ICU since Saturday morning. He has epiglottitis (sp?). His epiglottis is so swollen he couldn't breathe, it can be deadly but thankfully we caught it in time. He still has the ventilator breathing for him, but when his sedation is decreased he will breathe on his own. He seems to have a sense of humor when he is awake, although he is very uncomfortable and irritated. The Drs think they will remove the ventilator tomorrow pending what the images of the swelling look like. He will still have to stay for another few days to get him up and walking. They did have to sedate him heavily and restrain him to the bed as he kept trying to get up and pull the tubes out. It even took 4 people to hold him down to get him restrained. I want to thank everyone for the prayers and everything. ~Amy and Ben~

LocoFixersbetterhalf
04-24-2013, 08:47 PM
Another update on my dad....he's got the vent off and is breathing on his own. :) He just can't talk very loud. Thanks again for all the prayers. :)

Gibbs44
04-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear the good news. Hope he continues to improve. Keep us informed, we'll keep praying.

Sully

DLCTEX
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
Prayers sent for continued healing.

LocoFixersbetterhalf
04-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Another update on my Daddy... He continues to have problems swallowing. He is doing better but isn't allowed to eat yet. He is still unstable walking. We are aiming for the next swallowing test to be better on Thursday. The doctors are also talking about maybe putting in a feeding tube. He's not very happy about having to eat/chew pudding thicken water. Thanks for all the prayers ~Amy~