PDA

View Full Version : Mouse gun Pistol

Ed Barrett
08-09-2005, 06:37 PM
I went south about 30 miles Sunday to Tracey Missouri to an auction with 200 plus guns on the list. One was a Savage bolt action in 30-30 that I thought might go cheap. Well to make a long story short, I didn't get the 30-30 but a Magnum reasearch Lone Eagle single shot pistol with a 2.5 power scope in .223 caliber. I took it out to the range Monday to try it out with some softpoints I picked up in a trade and have been sitting around for a year or two.(an othrer reason to buy the gun) At 25 yards I could just about make them all touch. (with a rest) At 100 the target got a little small but still gave better groups than some rifles I've owned, about 4.5". Now I guess I'll have to get into casting little itty bitty .22 bullets so I can shoot it a lot.

Anybody have any tips for loading .223 for a pistol, it's got a 14" barrel on it and a slick turning lockup set up on the back. I looked the pistol up on the web last night and it said they stopped producing them in 2001 and they were made in in all sorts of calibers. The .223 doesn't kick at all it does have a Bull barrel.

felix
08-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Ed, typically load that thing as if it is a rifle, which it really is. Don't pay attention to the barrel length. ... felix

Ed Barrett
08-10-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks Felix. I'll have to start looking for a .22 mold now. I'll probably try some of those bad J-bullets til then.