PDA

View Full Version : Range Was Closed Today, . . .

Jeff R
04-19-2013, 09:19 PM
We woke up to this,
It was a good day to do some casting though. I cast these 3 different .30 cals and lubed the .45 Boolits that were made a couple nights ago.

67951 67952

Our Gun Club's CMP games, scheduled for tomorrow, were cancelled due to the snow. I wish global warming would come back.
Jeff

cavalrymedic
04-19-2013, 09:25 PM
Oh, we got the global warming down here in Florida. I would gladly trade you for some cold weather. I love snow.

cat223
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
I guess this is what the weather man would call "scattered global warming."

runfiverun
04-19-2013, 11:21 PM
I'd settle for some scattered sunshine.

Jailer
04-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Be happy you got snow. We are pretty much under water here.

blikseme300
04-20-2013, 04:52 AM
Dry and hot here in Deep South Texas. What a country.

No_1
04-20-2013, 05:34 AM
The grass or lack of is always greener on the other side. How I would love to look out the door and see my yard in a snow covered condition.

jonp
04-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Born and raised.in far northern VT. Moved to NC for.work. It was 80 here yesterday. I really do miss the snow.

WHITETAIL
04-20-2013, 07:10 AM
No thanks, Turkey starts next week.:holysheep
Do not want snow or rain next weekend.

rintinglen
04-20-2013, 07:05 PM
Born and raised in Michigan, When I became of age, I headed south with a snow shovel in my hand until someone asked "what's that?" Then I knew I had arrived. Went swimming with my Grand Daughter yesterday in the pool at the clubhouse. Just came back from Virginia two weeks ago, 23rd of March, they had snow. Global warming? Yeah, right.

alha
04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
I've HAD IT with snow and winter, I'd settle for for 65-70 and sunny, thanks. Kinda feels like the winter that won't die! Hang in there Jeff, from what 'they' say, it's supposed to be in the low 50's (!!!) by the end of the week, and hopefully it will finally all melt, at least down here by the cities. We'll see, but it is promising. I am looking to get my new outdoor smelter going outside in the back yard, but I refuse to do it in the snow.

I'll Make Mine
04-22-2013, 10:40 AM
I'm actually enjoying the cooler weather here in NC -- it went from freezing nights to highs in the mid-80s in a week, but now it's back down to highs in the low 60s, lows around 50, and I can keep both heat and air conditioning off and try to "catch up" a little on my equal payment electric bill. The last bill said "you've used $259 over your equal payment plan", which is a semi-long term warning of a $400 electric bill in September -- if we can go three or four weeks without either heat or air conditioning, I can cut that overage to almost nothing. Otherwise, I might have to shut off the breaker to the water heater three or four days a week or put a screw through the temperature selector in the washing machine (locked to "cold-cold"). :cry:

Marlin Junky
04-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I've got a condo on a golf course for sale in So. CA. Really crummy, crowded shooting range is 20-25 minutes south of here (unless there's a problem on the freeway). If you want snow, ya gotta wait 'til the ski resorts make it. There's varmints (coyote, racoon, rabbit, possum, ground squirrels, occasional mountain lion & bobcat, woodpeckers too) right outside my back door but if you shoot 'em, you'll go to jail.

Just another day in paradise. :veryconfu

MJ

P.S. BTW, I think my wife and I are the last sane ones living down here; therefore, embrace your cold whether... consider building an indoor shooting range. :bigsmyl2:

w0fms
04-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Nah. The winter in the Upper Midwest this year, though not severe overall, is WWWAAAYYY to protracted out. Sucks. I'd rather be in Florida by a large margin! We now are at almost a 7 month winter. Ugh...

It's almost May. No, it normally doesn't snow this late, even in the Great White North of "East Central Minnesota!", eh?

Worst part is that it will likely go from 40's to 90's overnight and we will have no spring. ;) And these long-cold springs tend to have severe weather when they finally break...

PS Paul
04-22-2013, 04:58 PM
The global cooling is caused by global warming

Marlin Junky
04-22-2013, 05:04 PM
It's almost May. No, it normally doesn't snow this late, even in the Great White North of "East Central Minnesota!", eh?

Actually, I remember (and have photos of the event too) during the winter of '64 which lasted into April in the San Bernardino Mts. of So. CA, my grandparents became snowed in to the point they had to walk to town for groceries. Yes, there were no 4x4's back then, but they were not far from a county road and snow plows were available.

Anyway, the point is, weather is not constant and probably never will be, no matter what we use to fuel our society.

MJ

Harter66
04-22-2013, 07:18 PM
We had 3 weeks in a row 50/35,55/45,60/45,65/45,70/50,75/35,rain/snow35/28,45/35 sunny. Parkas on Monday, shorts and tees on Sunday.

cf5757
04-23-2013, 10:05 AM
Actually, I remember (and have photos of the event too) during the winter of '64 which lasted into April in the San Bernardino Mts. of So. CA, my grandparents became snowed in to the point they had to walk to town for groceries. Yes, there were no 4x4's back then, but they were not far from a county road and snow plows were available.

Anyway, the point is, weather is not constant and probably never will be, no matter what we use to fuel our society.

MJ

I grew up in Banning! Was in 1st grade in '64. We were out of school for a week because of the snow. Didn't happen often, but when it did, yippee! Now, I live north of Denver, and am tired of the 5th late storm in 3 weeks. Come in spring time! ( but we need the moisture)

CGT80
04-24-2013, 12:52 AM
It hit 89 degrees this weekend. We had some light wind last week. What really sucks, when living below the cajon pass, is the santa anna winds that will blow at 20-60 mph in the city, and up to 85 mph gusts at the base of the mountains, for up to 10 days or so at a time. That joy mostly takes place in the fall and a bit in the spring.

That first pic from the OP is really pretty............................pretty cold looking. That photo would look great on my wall, but I am not so sure I would want to live there.

alha
04-30-2013, 01:05 AM
Man! We hit 80 yesterday, and I thought I was going to melt! Felt really good, though. Of course, 3 days of warm then now we get 5 days of 30's-upper 40's with rain every day. That just wasn't fair, to tease us like that.. At least it was beautiful over the weekend, instead of during the week, so we could actually enjoy it. There is hope, though as stated earlier, my concern is also that we go from the 40-50's to the 90's and humid...

And yeah, that pic was pretty accurate, though I didn't shovel the last couple snows we got in the last weeks, because even though they were quite heavy, I Knew that it wasn't going to last, and I was just fed up. And now, All Gone! Yaay!

hylander
04-30-2013, 12:35 PM
I wish we would get Snow, I miss it.

What mold are those 30cal. RN from ?

alha
04-30-2013, 10:14 PM
Well, come on up, you'll get one more chance to experience it, in May, no less. I just watched the Local on the 8's a minute ago, and supposedly we're to get between 1-3 inches on Wed morning. Yippie. And not hitting 50+ till Monday. Like I said, the winter that wouldn't die!

tinsnips
04-30-2013, 10:57 PM
It was almost 80 degrees the other day here, now not so much it was in the 30s with the wind blowing 80 miles per second. Does anyone know were all that wind comes from? I was working outside all day still haven't warmed up..

Iowa Fox
05-01-2013, 01:30 AM
It got up to 88 degrees here today, 40s tomorrow and 30s with snow flurries forcast for Thursday. It was so windy here today that it upset my wifes greenhouse which she had packed full of stuff.