PDA

View Full Version : News aggravates me

Revolver
04-19-2013, 08:57 PM
Does it annoy anyone else that the media rush all kinds of unconfirmed info and rumors to the airwaves as "breaking news" then correct it later in the day? What's the point in wasting time listening to wrong information? I would rather hear accurate news later than fabricated info now. :veryconfu

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Does it annoy anyone else that the media rush all kinds of unconfirmed info and rumors to the airwaves as "breaking news" then correct it later in the day? What's the point in wasting time listening to wrong information? I would rather hear accurate news later than fabricated info now. :veryconfu

I can't remember where I heard it but it made perfect sense to me. Back in the day when the News programs were owned by the the TV stations they reported the news. Now the "NEWS PROGRAMS" own the networks its gotten to be a very competitive market. The News programs are competing for advertising dollars based on viewers so before they really confirm the stories they rush them to "SCOOP" the competition. There feeling is its better to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission!!! Misinformation is running amuck in the media and the more sensational it is the better they like it!!

rfp357
04-19-2013, 09:41 PM
1. stop listening to your current news source/s
2. even the "accurate news" is fabricated
3. main stream news sources are a bunch of liars, this has been proven over and over again...
4. does is annoy you that the media ignores blatant, in your face evidence then lies to you about it?

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
I pretty sure you can blame Ted Turner with his 24 cable news network CNN started in 1980. You should write him a letter.
Jon

uscra112
04-19-2013, 10:03 PM
Back in the '70s I saw a bumper sticker that said "Kill Your Television". So I did. Have never regretted it.

wv109323
04-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Mark Twain said " You will be uniformed if you don't read the newspaper, If you read the newspaper you will be misinformed".
Same applies to the TV news.
What gets me is some of the ignorance of the newscasters.

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 10:13 PM
Mark Twain said " You will be uniformed if you don't read the newspaper, If you read the newspaper you will be misinformed".
Same applies to the TV news.
What gets me is some of the ignorance of the newscasters.

Can't hold them accountable for their stupidity 80 plus percent of the time there reading from a Teleprompter! The other 20 percent is just stupidity!! Hell Piers Morgan has made a living off of ignorance!!