PDA

View Full Version : NRA tee shirt gets a teen arrested?? In the US?

canyon-ghost
04-19-2013, 07:45 PM
:evil: http://www.wowktv.com/story/22020264/8th-grade-student-arrested-over-gun-t-shirt

Copied from Down Range TV on facebook

I can't believe they did this at all, I'm just amazed!

:not listening:

Driver man
04-19-2013, 07:49 PM
What was he arrested for. What are the charges.

plmitch
04-19-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm amazed this made the new.

Hickory
04-19-2013, 07:56 PM
They continuity call for tolerance, but they are so intolerant they will go as far as to have someone arrested for wearing a T-shirt that they don't like.
The time to abandon political correctness is long overdue.

Doc Highwall
04-19-2013, 08:15 PM
I hope the lawsuit pays for his college education and then some.

x101airborne
04-19-2013, 08:19 PM
Being a former police officer, I remember part of Texas Law.....
"It is the duty of every citizen to resist tyrannical and unjust forceful application of the law."
I think they meant official oppression, but take it how you will.
This was from the pink copy of the 2003 Vernon's Abbreviated Statutes.
Sure sounds like it fits here.

x101airborne
04-19-2013, 08:20 PM
BTW...
All my NRA T-shirts are so old and worn that they look like they have been hit with buckshot. And I aint ready to get rid of em yet.

Harter66
04-19-2013, 08:36 PM
Devils advocate warning.

Schools are gun free zones. Remember the pop tart incident. How about the finger gun cops and robbers incident ?

With that said this ranks in the top 15 most idiotic things I've heard recently.

bubba.50
04-19-2013, 08:59 PM
velcome to der united states komrade. vhere you are free to do anyting you vant, as long as you agree vit us. sorry, that's the best Nazi accent I can do with a keyboard.

sbeatty1983
04-19-2013, 09:03 PM
I hope the teacher ends up unemployed and living under an overpass

plmitch
04-19-2013, 09:07 PM

Why? so we can have yet one more person living off our taxes. Thanks

Hamish
04-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Send this kid a message of support: (if you fb)

https://www.facebook.com/jared.marcum.18

cavalrymedic
04-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Gun phobia strikes again. I am afraid of snakes. So should it be illlegal to wear a t-shirt that has a snake image on it? Stupid overreacting schools.

mpmarty
04-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Sounds like someone needs to step up and start a legal defense (offense?) fund for this fine youngster.

TCLouis
04-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I feel teaching is likely the most noble of endeavors, but there are sure some pitiful little humans infiltrating these noble ranks of teachers and school administrators.

wv109323
04-19-2013, 10:22 PM
The official charges were Obstruction and Disturbing the Education Process.
The student said a teacher got in his face while he was eating lunch. The student refused to take off the shirt. The Logan City Cops were called and the boy was arrested.
The boy said that the biggest disturbance was when his fellow students cheered in support of him.
The father was pretty fired up about it and rightfully so. The school policy for dress was : no profanity, no violence and no disturbing messages on clothing.
I don't know how the charges are justified. It has been mentioned that the local gun club that I belong to should attend the next BOE meeting.

Boerrancher
04-19-2013, 10:33 PM
If more kids carried guns to school like we did when I was a kid so we could hunt both before and after, there would be fewer school shootings. I can't wait for God to push the reset button again. It is long over due. There are too many stupid people who couldn't survive a day on their own sucking up my air.

Best wishes,

Joe

sbeatty1983
04-19-2013, 10:45 PM

Better that than warping childrens' minds

Bad Water Bill
04-19-2013, 10:51 PM
Not just the teacher should be named in the suit but the administration for allowing it to happen. Then there the police officers that conveniently forgot to protect this young mans right to free speech.

Sadly it will be the citizens that will have to dig in their pockets when this young man wins. Unions will make sure none of the GUILTY parties will have to pay even one dime for their wrong doings.

Duckiller
04-19-2013, 11:52 PM
People think California is bad, evidently West Virginia is also not a great state to try and live in.

Phoenix
04-20-2013, 12:03 AM
It has gotten to the point that the police are the universal solution to school issues. I bet there are allot less kids sitting in the office lately. it seems the solution to most issues is call the police and let them take the kid away. I was picked on for years in school, when I finally started fighting back I was given ALLOT of slack by administrators because they knew what was going on. One day after beating the snot out of one of the aggressors the asst principal told me 'ok, I think they have had enough. unless they instigate I don't want to see you in my office again.' I never even got suspended for all the beatings I gave out for years of abuse. Things have definately changed.

deces
04-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Only a matter of time I suppose, until him and everyone else like will have a boot on their neck that are not willing to comply...

Wadestep
04-20-2013, 08:36 AM
With the NRA behind him, this could turn out just fine for this kid, and his family. The school should be loosing sleep over the upcoming lawsuit.

x101airborne
04-20-2013, 08:42 AM
Only a matter of time I suppose, until him and everyone else like will have a boot on their neck that are not willing to comply...

Yeah, I hear ya on that. That is why I believe in and remember my original quote.
I wonder if the NRA is aware of this situation yet. I feel confident they are, but just curious.
If I had some extra, I sure would make a donation to his legal fees.

cbrick
04-20-2013, 08:48 AM

This master of indoctrination already is sucking a living off the tax payer. To continue to do so living under a bridge is a far better option than sucking up tax dollars while poisoning the minds of kids.

Rick

41 mag fan
04-20-2013, 09:05 AM

Boy that would be awesome, as I'd make a trip or 2 to that overpass just to kick the sh*t out of that ex teacher.

sundog
04-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Cops arrested the wrong person; should have arrested the teacher who started it all.

WILCO
04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
What was he arrested for. What are the charges.

Obstruction and disturbing the education process.

TXGunNut
04-20-2013, 10:28 AM

Teachers already live off our taxes, often with better pay and better retirement than the private sector. Lots of good teachers, too bad this one let her politics get in the way of her job.

Jim Flinchbaugh
04-20-2013, 10:28 AM
Cops arrested the wrong person; should have arrested the teacher who started it all.

And the principle of the school and the school superintendent.
They should all be beaten by parents, their heads stuffed back up their obama and rolled out in the parking lot with a
"kick me I'm a dumb a$$" sign on them.
These IDIOTS are not going to stop until we MAKE them stop.

TXGunNut
04-20-2013, 10:29 AM

Agreed, the teacher is the one guilty of disrupting the education of our next generation.

cajun shooter
04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
TxGunNut, Please don't do the same thing that a lot of people do on the anti gun side do. You posted that teachers are living off our taxes and make good money. That is not a true across the board statement. Many teachers in Louisiana have to take a part time job to be able to continue teaching. They, like police officers take the job because they want to help people. Where would we be without them?
You should judge that one bad teacher who decided to take her own views about gun control into the classroom. If any of the liberals at that school would have had a clear mind then the teacher would of been told to leave the boy alone.
It is a small town and shows it by the police acting as they did. It shows that they have little training in making decisions on what is a probable cause for arrest. If they would of taken time to read the policy and what it takes to make such an arrest then the boy would of not be arrested.
The school system should fire this teacher and put on notice all others that they can't bring personal opinion into the classroom. There is fault with several persons on this matter and I hope that this father takes the correct steps to insure that his son receives a just outcome of this matter.
I started in Law Enforcement in 1974 and that was with college credits in Criminal Justice for a salary of just $595 a month. When I left in 1990 I was making $2100 a month gross. Tons of money you say!! Later Cajun Shooter

captaint
04-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Teachers and school systems have been bending our children's minds for years. Only now and then do they actually get caught at it. I hope they have no *** left after is gets sued off. Mike

Phoenix
04-20-2013, 12:26 PM
I didnt see where someone said this. But he was EATING LUNCH when this started. How is he disturbing the education process in lunch. All he did was refuse to remove the shirt and got arrested for it. This is wrong on more levels than I can count.

Bad Water Bill
04-20-2013, 01:15 PM
I wonder if it had been a 14 year old GIRL would the teacher have demanded SHE remove the only piece of clothing SHE was wearing from the waste up?

Somehow I doubt that would happen.

skeet1
04-20-2013, 01:27 PM
It looks like the teacher need to be the student and the student need to be the teacher.

Ken

lbaize3
04-21-2013, 12:19 PM
As an ex deputy sheriff and retired assistant principal, this misuse of administrative power by some school districts makes me sick to my stomach. I am saddened by local law enforcement's involvement in a strictly nonviolent school issue. I am aware that there are some teachers that overstep their authority and that school administrators back such teachers up. I doubt that will ever change. The only thing I can say is that I never did that and I am SO VERY GLAD that I am retired and no longer have to put up with such things.

TXGunNut
04-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Cajun Shooter, I think you need to read my posts more carefully. I think you'll agree with me on most points. I know school teachers are not getting rich off the taxpayers' teat and I didn't imply that they were. My point was that teachers in most cases are better off than many people in the private sector. In my case I have a college education and 35 yrs experience at my job. I make about the same as a teacher or LEO but I pay over $350/mo for minimal health insurance and my employer has no retirement plan. I also know many people in the private sector who are not nearly as well off as I am. I work in the private sector because for many years I made better money there but I worked for my local PD for 25 yrs as an unpaid reserve officer. I was raised by a teacher and several family members are teachers. I'm familiar with the challenges faced by LEO's and teachers but I'm also familiar with the benefits.
The teacher in question is a poor example of the profession and a poor investment of taxpayers' money. I accept that the typical teacher is a bit more liberal than the average person but her politics have no place in that classroom.

smokemjoe
04-21-2013, 01:47 PM
I kind of know how the boy felted, I went down to Liberal Ks. to see my brother in law, we went to the compay BBQ, Northen natural gas company, I had on a UAW 94 te shirt, It wasnt no time that head office people told me they didnt like unions here, I said its to bad we have to use your natural gas at john deere in heat treat, but they are thinking of going to electric, Joe

popper
04-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Maybe this is why he was arrested - "CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - He famously fired a gun in a TV ad while boasting of an endorsement from the National Rifle Association. But U.S. Sen. Joe Manchin can no longer rely on the backing of that powerful lobby. The West Virginia Democrat faced off against the NRA during last week's debate over his background check proposal. The confrontation marked his second break with a major support group since his rise from the governor's office to Capitol Hill.
West Virginians for Life renounced its longtime favorite in 2011, over his Senate votes on health care issues. The anti-abortion group campaigned actively against Manchin in 2012, but he still won a full term convincingly. Manchin says he remains an NRA member and opposed to abortion. He's urging voters to read his gun proposal." WOWK.

teachers are living off our taxes That is a correct statement. Whether they get high pay or not is their problem, just like any other occupation.

shooterg
04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Duct tape your head - Here in VA a school removed the musket from the hands of the revolutionary war depiction of the Minuteman that the sports teams were named after. Guess he'll haveta fight the British with bare hands next time around !

David2011
04-21-2013, 04:21 PM

Uh, she's a teacher. She already is and the taxpayers are funding her attitude.

He was charged with "obstruction" and "interefering with the education process." Are those even real offenses?

David

HighHook
04-21-2013, 04:35 PM
I am shaking my head with Disgust on this one...

Buzzard II
04-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Since when does the 1st Amendment only apply to liberals?

smokeywolf
04-21-2013, 04:50 PM
The schools want the children to know all about gay rights but not gun rights. They want your kids to believe that its OK for two men to be married to each other, but its not OK to go hunting.
The teacher, principal and the Sheriff or Chief of Police should be charged with violating the boy's 1st amendment rights and fired upon conviction. The teacher should absolutely have her teaching credential revoked.

smokeywolf

daengmei
04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
I am from Logan, don't ever want to return now. During the 70's, many were found guilty for the theft of diamond drill bits for the coal industry use....I seem to recall that there were Board of Education officials and State Policemen involved. Absolute shame it hasn't changed. Don't beat me too much!

Bad Water Bill
04-21-2013, 05:51 PM
Now I ask you who caused the obstruction? He was in the lunch room. If he had to finish the day without a t shirt now that would be an obstruction.:bigsmyl2:

"interefering with the education process." What ever comes out of this should earn him and his whole class an A in civics. All of the staff and LEO involved should be barred from holding their present positions ANYWHERE for life.

geargnasher
04-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Uh, she's a teacher. She already is and the taxpayers are funding her attitude.

He was charged with "obstruction" and "interefering with the education process." Are those even real offenses?

David

Sounds to me like they're following bummer's lead and just making up charges to suit their agenda of the moment. I'd love to actually read the criminal statute that supposedly defines the offenses for which this student was arrested, including all defenses to prosecution, and offense classification. I'll bet the magistrate had a field day with the arresting officers.

Gear

KCSO
04-22-2013, 10:08 AM
"Grandpa i can't take that book to school it has a gun on the cover", been there done that. I have stepped into the one way time machine and awake in a world I no longer recognise. I want to go back and am stuck here.

cajun shooter
04-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Teachers already live off our taxes, often with better pay and better retirement than the private sector. Lots of good teachers, too bad this one let her politics get in the way of her job.

Ok TXGUNNUT, If I'm not mistaken your original OP is posted above and the word teachers is a plural form. You did turn around and say lots of good teachers. Maybe you should of said that teacher.
Like I posted before the Principal and anyone else who backed the teacher is also at fault. They could not of had any staff person with enough sense to know that this teacher was way out of line by bringing her personal views into the school system. She was and is a fruitcake.
The police that responded should be taken off the road until they have proper training. If they contacted any supervisors before making the arrest then the hammer should fall on them also.
You state that you have a PHD and have been working at the same job for over 35 years without any retirement. First I will bet that you have a retirement plan of some kind and that it is very well funded. Show me your 2012 tax return before you go putting down others living off the tax payer.
You also tell me that you were a Reserve Deputy for many years. I will tell you that I worked with many Reserves who really wanted to help but when it came to be a real Cop they ran away. I told more than one that if they wanted to play POLICE then why not become one. We had a huge stack of applications and all they had to do was fill one out.
The reason they only wanted to play cop on the weekends was they liked the wearing of the uniform and gun. They enjoyed the thrill that the job has at times. They enjoyed being able to work our extra duty jobs that paid $12.50 a hour at that time. All this was good but they did not want to give up their high paying jobs to make the $1000 a month starting pay or enter a retirement program that only paid 75% of their salary after 25 years of service.
I had a few Reserve Officers that were very good hard workers and helped out a lot but even they said they would not do it full time as the benefits were too small when compared to the private sector.
I do think we agree on several factors but not all. Take Care and Good Shooting David

wv109323
04-22-2013, 01:34 PM
The News just reported that the student is back in classes.
Some the second hand news that I learned about this incident are as follows:
The student's father owns a firearm just like the one pictured on the NRA T-shirt the boy was wearing. I am sure the kid thought it was cool to wear a t-shirt that pictured the gun his father owned.
The T-shirt was first questioned by the school secretary.(go figure) Then the teacher backed her up and began shouting and was supposed to have grabbed the student's arm and yanked it. It was told the teacher has had anger outbursts on several previous occasions.
The student admitted to shouting back at the teacher partially to overcome the noise of protest by the other students observing the action of the teacher.
The school principal was supposed to have sided with the student and said the shirt did not violate the dress code.
There were two officers that responded. One was willing to calm the situation and let matters die. The other officer was described as a ( words that can not be printed) . He took the matter in hand and arrested the boy.
From what I understand there has been no public statement to support the school's action and the officers actions by the city government ( mayor or town council members) or the BOE.
I know one of the town councilmen owns a gun store and was vice president of the local gun club.

cbrick
04-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Since when does the 1st Amendment only apply to liberals?

Makes perfect sense if you think about it, how else are they supposed to enact such miserably failed policies?

Rick

twotrees
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I went to his Facebook page and posted him a lil note, also sent him a friend request, as most of my "Friends" are right wing card carrying gun owners and hunters. He might like some of these Rascals.

DougGuy
04-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Has nobody noticed when the video starts, the FIRST image you see, overlooking (I am guessing) the school, (where they took issue to a teen wearing a shirt with the IMAGE of a gun on it) is a statue of a WWII era American soldier in full combat regalia, with an M1 Garand and a bayonet mounted... ***.. But the tee shirt with a gun on it is a problem?

The school is a gun free zone, why is that statue armed? It's ironic..