PDA

View Full Version : Boston Marathon bomber manhunt: One in custody, second on the run, reports say

Bad Water Bill
04-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Just heard this on the radio and now Yahoo is saying the same thing.

I hope this story is true.

338RemUltraMag
04-19-2013, 04:22 AM
I saw this on fox news, seems to be real.

rbertalotto
04-19-2013, 06:42 AM
One down...........One to go!

So sorry for the two police officers. One dead one wounded......

The first bomber was shot and blew himself up while trying to set off another pcooker bomb............Seems to me they had more "work" to do.......Please say a few prayers for our country and the folks involved.

btroj
04-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Love the reporting.
Fox had on the crawl "both are brothers...". As opposed to only one being the brother of the other?

ABC reported on "a shoot out involving gun fire". I wonder how many shoot outs involve arrows?

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 09:50 AM
During the shoot out in Watertown when Suspect 1 was shot the police radioed that the suspect may have an "Assault Rifle". They found 2 handguns. Just strange how the media is already shaping the story.

Trey45
04-19-2013, 09:53 AM
The older brother is dead from gunshot wounds and shrapnel wounds. Younger brother still on the run.

MtGun44
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
One dead, one on the run. Chechyns - Muslims. The media is ignoring that
this is another attack by the 'religion of peace'.

The Chechyns took over a school in Russia and killed over 300, mostly kids.
Took over a theater in Moscow and 120 died. Several bombings in Moscow
and around Russia. Not nice folks, wonder how they got to these guys and
turned them into terrorists?

Bill

41 mag fan
04-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Already theres been talk from officials that this "gun shootout" will go to capital hill to be discussed with the gun control issues.....

rockrat
04-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Talking to my sister, she said that one of the TV people mentioned very quietly said that they were Muslim, but it was never mentioned again.

Love Life
04-19-2013, 10:51 AM
The Chechyns are to be feared. Absolutely fearless fighters.

Rockrat- The area whe the Chechyns fight there has been conflict between Islam and others for years.

So who are they linked to? Which terror group?

Blacksmith
04-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Already there's been talk from officials that this "gun shootout" will go to capital hill to be discussed with the gun control issues.....

Instead of discussing gun control issues they should be discussing Immigration issues and better background checks for all immigrants. But that would mean controlling the borders.

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Instead of discussing gun control issues they should be discussing Immigration issues and better background checks for all immigrants. But that would mean controlling the borders.

This is not gonna help Obummers Immigration reform issue!!

Ben
04-19-2013, 11:35 AM
The " flood gate " of individuals that our country has taken in illegally ( no person has an accurate count ) will negatively impact our nation for years to come.

One of the news reporters ( rare to be pro - gun and be a news reporter ) stated that in the suburb outside Boston where they are looking for the 19 yr. old bomber, that people in that area were basically unarmed in their homes because of the strictest gun laws in America.

He will be one of the few to point that out ! !

We are continually reminded by Obama and all the other Anti-gunners that we need more gun laws to make our nation safer.

I guess these 2 guys ( Bombers ) just didn't have the proper views for all the gun laws on the books in Mass. Do you think more gun laws in Mass would have impacted these 2 in any way ?

They were " bent " on a mission. Gun laws have no impact on these types of individuals.

Ben

nicholst55
04-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I can't wait to see the "arsenal" of (already illegal in Mass) "assault weapons" and the thousands of "cop killer" bullets that these two will have somehow, mysteriously, amassed. Regardless of where they're brought in from for the photo op.

snuffy
04-19-2013, 03:40 PM
It's good to hear they weren't born here. AND that they were muslims. I was afraid that the talking heads were right about them being "home grown terrorists."

I'm holding my breath until we find out for sure the bommbbbbs were NOT made using commonly available smokeless or black powder.

If they were, it would mean they, (ovomit's buddies), would try to limit availability of our propellant sources.

Apparently they've found where they were housed. News conference said there would be a "controlled" explosion later today at "a house" in Watertown MA. Just how the heck do you "control an explosion? Apparently the bommbbb disposal guys don't want to try to disassemble a pressure cooker bommmb that's been found. A lot of evidence destroyed if they blow it.

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 04:04 PM
It's good to hear they weren't born here. AND that they were muslims. I was afraid that the talking heads were right about them being "home grown terrorists."

I'm holding my breath until we find out for sure the bommbbbbs were NOT made using commonly available smokeless or black powder.

If they were, it would mean they, (ovomit's buddies), would try to limit availability of our propellant sources.

Apparently they've found where they were housed. News conference said there would be a "controlled" explosion later today at "a house" in Watertown MA. Just how the heck do you "control an explosion? Apparently the bommbbb disposal guys don't want to try to disassemble a pressure cooker bommmb that's been found. A lot of evidence destroyed if they blow it.

I'm sure after this I won't be able to get anything with our governor!!

Rick Hodges
04-19-2013, 04:23 PM
I watched a pundit on Fox ask the question...."How many of those folks, locked down in their houses, wish they had a gun with the terrorist on the loose in the neighborhood? Gun control efforts are dead now"
At least one of them gets it.

deep creek
04-19-2013, 04:27 PM
The pictures i saw on the news looked like the private citzens were being ordered out of thier homes at gun point.Am i missing something here?Whats the law on this?Iwant that *** caught as bad as everybody but have seen cops wait outside a house that a bad guy was in for a warrant.Isure wouldnt want that to happen to me!

Wis. Tom
04-19-2013, 04:41 PM
If they don't find this 2nd guy by midnight, I expect we will be seeing the 82nd called in, as they already have half of the east coast police force brought in, going through house to house, looking for one 19 yr. old. I didn't even know they had this many police. What is the law, as for going through all those houses, and telling businesses that they had to close, or did they declare martial law? I was just kidding about the 82nd, I think?

shooter93
04-19-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't thinbk this will help stop gun control measures but rather bolster them. Trust me...those two guys have all the "evil stuff" that needs banned (wether or not they really have it) One of the talking heads was asking.....are there indications that they owned guns or liked to go shoot at the range? Biggest problem the media has now is figuring out how to make two Muslim Jihaists into middle aged white NRA menbers with ties to the Tea party.

Gliden07
04-19-2013, 08:15 PM
I guarantee by the time this ends they will have had missile launch codes and everything in between!!

abunaitoo
04-19-2013, 10:52 PM
mushlums.....
Is obummer going to ban mushlums from having firearms????

dkf
04-20-2013, 04:45 PM
I watched a pundit on Fox ask the question...."How many of those folks, locked down in their houses, wish they had a gun with the terrorist on the loose in the neighborhood? Gun control efforts are dead now"
At least one of them gets it.

Well we would not want the people to be able to protect themselves and shoot a terrorist trespassing on their property. Then we would not need all those well armed police officers dressed in full SWAT gear with armored vehicles searching houses, people and property.

I read an article that stated the one brother could have been deported back in 2009 for a domestic violence arrest and conviction. As per usual .gov dropped the ball.