PDA

View Full Version : My Grand daughter helping to reload!

redbear705
09-02-2007, 04:01 PM
I was reloading some 9mm this morning and my 2yr 9month old granbaby comes into the reloading room and starts touching things.....I tell her not to because she could get her fingers pinched and she says that she wants to help!

Sooooo........I say ok lets see what we can find for you to help grampy with!

I would complete a round and let her put it in the foam tray the the bullets come in and she did real good putting them in the tray and then the box but then I could see she was getting bored so I asked her to hand me the bullet so I could put it in the case and finish the cartridge.....and she did that for quite awhile...she had a little bit of a tough time with the timing issue (knowing when to hand me the bullet but we worked it out) I may have a new reloading buddy in the future.....now if whe would only live a little closer so I could get her to help more ![smilie=1:

Well maybe some day her mom will let her help me shoot them up! :-D

JR

Today was a good day!

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/redbear705x/3-11-2007009.jpg

Ricochet
09-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Awww, that's great! :-D

Rick N Bama
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I was reloading some 9mm this morning and my 2yr 9month old granbaby comes into the reloading room and starts touching things.....I tell her not to because she could get her fingers pinched and she says that she wants to help!

Sooooo........I say ok lets see what we can find for you to help grampy with!

I would complete a round and let her put it in the foam tray the the bullets come in and she did real good putting them in the tray and then the box but then I could see she was getting bored so I asked her to hand me the bullet so I could put it in the case and finish the cartridge.....and she did that for quite awhile...she had a little bit of a tough time with the timing issue (knowing when to hand me the bullet but we worked it out) I may have a new reloading buddy in the future.....now if whe would only live a little closer so I could get her to help more ![smilie=1:

Well maybe some day her mom will let her help me shoot them up! :-D

JR

Today was a good day!

My soon to be 7 year old Grandson has been "helping" his PaPaw reload since he was 3 or so. I let him dump the powder charge, then place the boolit in the case & seat it. It's great bonding time in my opinion.

Check out my new Avatar. That's Grandbaby #6!

Rick

DeanoBeanCounter
09-02-2007, 05:21 PM
It is said, "Grandkids are God's reward for not killing your own kids".
I'm hoping at least some of my 9 will be shooting buddies.
Deano

USARO4
09-03-2007, 10:26 AM
My 3 year old grandaughter has already made her own first bullet. She stroked the Lee Turret Press through all 4 cycles (with Papa's help). Now everytime she comes into the reloading room she grabs the handle on the press and moves it up and down. They are so precious.

kodiak1
09-03-2007, 04:03 PM
redbear that there is like one of them Mastercard Commercial "PRICELESS"
Ken.

3006guns
09-06-2007, 10:41 PM
She may need that talent in the future to keep the boys under control...she's a cutie!

I have three sons, two in their late twenties one early thirties and no grandchildren yet. I'm gonna buy 'em each an instruction manual..........

Lloyd Smale
09-07-2007, 05:06 AM
must be a michigan thing. My best friends daughter is a cute little 10 year old blond and she even has her own square deal set up in 32mag. She just got it for her birthday and believe it or not its what she asked for for her birthday!!!!!! She got that from her dad and ma and i gave here a coffee can full of 100 grain swcs to load. Ive watched this 10 year old girl out shoot grown men with her 32 lever gun and single sixs. She runs that little lever as fast as I can!

Dale53
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Redbear;
What a sweetheart!! You are indeed blessed!!

Dale53

Maineboy
09-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Redbear, she's a real doll. I have 2 grandaughters, the older just turned 2 and she's already grampy's girl. She follows me everywhere and "helps out" like yours does. She has a fishing rod and there'll be a .22 in the gun safe for her real soon.

redbear705
09-08-2007, 05:17 AM
She is a sweetheart but can be stubborn and independant! (Hmmmmm....wonder where she got got that from?.........must'ta been from her Gramma....:)! )

We as Grand parents are pretty proud of her that is for sure!

She is the only Grand child so naturally we dont spoil her ....much!

thanks Guys....JR

1Shirt
09-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Redbear, Like you I only have one grand kid, 13 yrs old and a shooter, hunter, and reloader. Took her first deer at 11, first turkey at 12, and is headed to Africa next spring with her parents, and hopes to be able to shoot at least one or two head of African game. We are blessed to have grandkids, even more blessed that they are going to hopefully continue our shooting habits.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Sundogg1911
09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Redbear, THat is wonderful! :drinks: My Daughter (She's 18 now) is such a Daddy's Girl. She's been helping me with reloading since She was about 8 years old. It's great to pass things down generations. My daughter loves to go to the range and cast's all her own .380's for Her Walther PPK. I thought it was important for Her to learn about Guns from me, instead of learning about them because someone brought one to school. We have family days at the range. It's actually a nice place for us to talk about things that are going on in the world and in Her life. Ypu stay close to Her and teach Her to shoot and respect for firearms, and that will be one girl that we will never stop loving and respecting Her Grandpap! Keep up the good work! :-D