PDA

View Full Version : Issues with shipping primers, powder, etc?

Love Life
04-18-2013, 03:27 PM
So I ordered some primers from Natchez the other day. They shipped yesterday, and upon checking the shipping status here is what UPS shows:

Shipping Details

Status: PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY.

Service: GROUND
04/17/13 10:37 PM PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY. CHATTANOOGA TN

I have never seen that before and I have ordered a bunch of powders and primers through the years. Have any of ya'll come across this recently?

Swamp Man
04-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I have never ordered powder or primers online and if this is the case I never will. The government has NO right to check packages unless you are already on a watch list.

dmclark523
04-18-2013, 03:41 PM
That's really weird....did a little checking. For what its worth, post #16 on this thread is worth looking at...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=37303

Love Life
04-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Sweet. I always wanted to feel important. Looks like I will be walking around the house in my birthday suit with "Not Chris Dorner" painted on my chest just to get them in a ruckus.

GabbyM
04-18-2013, 05:21 PM
I've never had that issue.
Just wondering Love Life. Is your address on a military base? May explain enhanced screening of mail.

376Steyr
04-18-2013, 05:31 PM
You're assuming that your individual package was the only one delayed. Maybe the entire UPS truck it was in got stopped. See Post #3 above.

Love Life
04-18-2013, 05:32 PM
I am assuming. 1st time I have seen it in the years I have been ordering the stuff.

ddaniel1
04-18-2013, 05:33 PM
I have been getting a lot of primers and powder over the last 2 months and never saw this. I am supposed to be getting powder from Natchez tomorrow, will post back if it gets delayed or not.

km101
04-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Is there a black helicopter over your house?? Have you noticed any unusual people loitering in the vicinity? Especially people who seem to be talking into their lapel?

How does it feel to be a "Person of Interest"? :kidding:

Love Life
04-18-2013, 06:31 PM
How does it feel to be a "Person of Interest"? :kidding:

It feels great!!

I would like to thank my Parents and Preachers for instilling a strong sense of personal responsibility. That value has lead me to strive hard and work for a living. No doubt earning a living has helped propel me to the list.

I would like to thank our Founding Fathers for giving us written instructions on not only how to be a decent human being, but how to be an outstanding Citizen. Their foresight, my ability to read and comprehend, and having actually read our founding documents also helped propel me to the list.

I would like to thank my 7th grade History teacher, Mr. Shoemaker, for teaching us the full American history and not the watered down "We apologize for everything...ever" stuff taught today.

I would like to thank my 11th grade biology teacher, Mr. Dorsey, for teaching us not to just look at at the world, but see it.

I would like to thank my family and friends who have (with great understanding) tolerated my love of reloading, shooting, and being self sufficient.

I would like to think that I made the list based entirely off of my own actions and accomplishments, but it took many great people to help pave the way for me.

Oh...and a big middle finger to the people reading the list.

Harter66
04-18-2013, 06:57 PM
It's cause you admitted to knowing me ............... 1 too many letters to Pa ave.

What a load . Its a commercial package for beans sake.

Bullet Caster
04-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Well, I think Natchez sucks. They won't sell to me 'cause I live in TN. "It wouldn't be fair to the gunstores to buy from us as we have to protect our interests and the vendors in the tri-state area." They won't sell to GA, TN or AL. Yeah, they've got some outstanding prices and I would dearly love to order from them, but they're all A$$ holes, every one. That does not promote capitalism, but is in itself, prejudiced against living in a certain region, i.e., regional predjudice. Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes, but that's the way I feel. BC

runfiverun
04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
you said the code phrase [high speed :lol: low drag :lol: :lol: one too many times]
remember it's not your fault :lol:
laughing too hard to type any more.

dbosman
04-18-2013, 09:03 PM
So the people discussing cruise missiles for deer and deer hand grenades are on how many lists? ;-)

encoreman
04-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Hey BC will Midsouth Shooters supply sell to ya? Just curious cause we may be moving to TN, that is stupid that Natchez won't sell to ya, glad I live in MS, we is far enough away I guess. Our local GS's don't handle much reloading stuff we almost always order online from somebody. Sorry to steal thread.

Love Life
04-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Looks like my package has passed muster. My primers are on the way!!

Of course I did bum a smoke off of a friend yesterday because I was out and didn't feel like going to the store. Maybe that had soemthing to do with it?

fryboy
04-19-2013, 08:12 PM
you failed the code word ....it all becomes clearer now :P