PDA

View Full Version : Super score today

jeepyj
04-17-2013, 08:37 PM
For work today I had to travel to a little town a hour away from my office. First I had a chance to check out a little sleeper type gun shop. This guy had so many guns I couldn't believe my eyes. To start with there had to be over a hundred Kimbers not to mention Several hundred Rugers, Smiths, Colts and many many others. I couldn't even begin to tell how many long guns there was. If you could see the outside of this place it would be likely you'd drive right on by. Two of the letters had fallen off his sign that was only 11letters long to begin with. After rubbernecking for a while it was time to head back to reality. About a hundred yards up the road was a old barn that said antiques and collectables I decided to stop as I've been looking for some cast iron pans for casting for a while. Well I scored the two pans pictured for only $8.00 bucks each! One of my more productive days on the job(oops for me anyway)
Jeepyj

John Allen
04-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Nice pans, I would love to have them.

7Acres
04-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Perfect! How heavy do you think the ingots will be?

jeepyj
04-18-2013, 09:02 PM
After work I smelted 175lbs of COWW's and they seemed to average about one and quarter pounds each. i could have probably could have squeezed 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 pound each if I would have plumped them to the top but i prefer mine a bit smaller. The new pans worked some good. The antique shop where I found them had more but they were from several different consigners and all the others were between 25 & 45 dollars most were a little cleaner than the ones I found but for lead it didn't take long before mine were seasoned quite well.
Jeepyj

Perfect! How heavy do you think the ingots will be?

Trey45
04-18-2013, 09:04 PM
Great score! I love it when that happens.