PDA

View Full Version : Did you see the basic Star Sizer than went for over $460 on Ebay this week?

shotstring
04-17-2013, 02:30 PM
That's right. I think the final price was $464, with one set of dies and a die removal tool. Granted, it was a very clean original San Diego machine but I have 3 machines I bought on ebay that were almost as clean for $160 per. These are definitely strange times for shooting sport accessories.

ReloaderFred
04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
I saw it. It made me look at my 6 Star machines and start thinking about a new truck....... But only for a minute, since I've got lots more bullets to size and lube, and the current truck only has 42,000 miles on it..........

I don't think the people buying at these prices are doing any kind of research at all. One .452 sizing die went for well over $100.00, plus shipping. I just have Lathesmith make mine for a whole lot less money.

Hope this helps.

Fred

sparky45
04-17-2013, 04:19 PM
It's not just Ebay that has stupid people buying. I bought a Rossi 92 NIB for $430 last week on a Wednesday through a auction gun site; two days later an identical model EXACTLY dressed out like mine except it had a "few rounds" through the pipe went for $994. I couldn't believe it, I was stunned.

shotstring
04-20-2013, 09:31 PM
Yep. After seeing what gun related stuff is going for currently on ebay, I stopped even checking for items. Best to wait til things cool down and some semblance of sanity returns.

bobthenailer
04-22-2013, 10:29 AM
That was the John Star's personal L/S comes with a letter of authentisity ? Right !