PDA

View Full Version : A good day

El Bango
04-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Went to a local gunshop today,he had 8 new sets of RCBS .223 Rem dies and 4 sets of Lee .223 and 4 sets of Lee 9mm Luger carbide dies.Maybe this is a sign of things to come...

kartooo
04-16-2013, 11:58 PM
i'm starting to see some powder around here and the shops with only 2 or 3 handguns in the case now have few more.
i see stuff on e-bay higher than list price not selling.
the supply is catching up or people are running outta $$$

SectionUT
04-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Ammo seems to be just as hard to come by here. Except for the shops that mark things sky high. Reloading components however are getting a little easier to find. Something has to give, hopefully sooner rather than later.

fcvan
04-17-2013, 02:22 AM
I've had friends in Washington state and Iowa report primers on shelves. It would seem the inventory is starting to make its way. I talked with a shop in southern Oregon and they have been getting small amounts of ammo and components which are quickly snapped up. Emphasis on they are getting small amounts as opposed to months of no inventory. Let us hope this is truly a sign things are starting to calm down. Personally, I'm good for a while but I would like to see stock on shelves. Stores can't make a wage if they can't sell a product.

cstrickland
04-17-2013, 07:42 AM
funny you should say that. I was in the local outfitter shop this weekend, and was able to get 1000 224 bullets. they were limiting your purchases to 1000 pieces but they had at least some 22, where as in the past the shelfs were just dusty ! they also had a decent assorment of powder, both in the 5 lbs and 1 lbs containers. Unfortunately still no primers.

El Bango
04-17-2013, 11:06 AM
I normally go to my wholesaler in Cortez and I'll stop in Walmart and last week they had 4000 CCI small rifle primers on the shelf.They limited purchases to 3 boxes (300 primers) @ $3.89 per 100.Hey, it's a start.My wholesaler told me that Hodgdon and other powder manufacturers can only send 100 lbs. per truck and that is one reason getting components into the hands of the consumer is taking so long.He didn't mention projectiles.

justing
04-17-2013, 11:21 AM
i found some 22lr for sale $3 per 100

NewbieDave007
04-17-2013, 11:22 AM
i found some 22lr for sale $3 per 100

You found the UNICORN?!?!

On a serious note, nice find.

El Bango
04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Sweet!

dmclark523
04-17-2013, 11:33 AM
My local shop got about 20 pds of different powder a week ago and somehow, they came across about 20k primers of all different kinds. Selling for normal prices, too! I have hope.

Blackhawk Convertable
04-17-2013, 02:34 PM
I talked yesterday to my local toy store. They said that the pricing from the distributor has remained virtually the same. So, if a store is selling at outrageous prices, that means THEY are the ones gouging you! And, if a store is willing to gouge me now, I don't need to shop with them when everything smooths out.

El Bango
04-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Amen, Blackhawk Convertible,I'd never condemn anybody for making an honest living, however,those that attempt to take advantage of the current situation in the country are unscrupulous,un-American and thieves.We have one owner here in town that is actually trying to sell Thunderbolt .22 lr's for $13.99 for 50!I asked him how he expects to look his customers in the eye when the present contrived "crisis" is resolved.He got PO'd at me and said his radio ads say he has the more ammo on his shelves than anyone else in the area.Good thinkin'....

WILCO
04-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I talked yesterday to my local toy store. They said that the pricing from the distributor has remained virtually the same. So, if a store is selling at outrageous prices, that means THEY are the ones gouging you!

I grow tired of this type of thinking. There are many factors pertaining to the cost of products once they leave the manufactures. Supply and demand, transportation costs and so on. I really wish folks would learn basic economics before screaming the "G" word.