PDA

View Full Version : found powders in stock

Olevern
04-16-2013, 05:44 AM
just placed an order for some powders I needed; didn't find everything I needed, but in these days you have to get what you can, when you can.

Purchased 3 bs IMR 7828SSC (I was completely out and with the typical charges of the Weatherby cartridges, a lb. doesn't last long)
Got two lbs of 231 (will hold me until I can find 8lb kegs in stock), also a lb each of H380 (for my 7mm-08) and IMR 4198.

I was particularly happy to get the 7828 as I want to do some work-up on a new .257 Weatherby and 7828 is my go-to powder in both my other weatherbys.

Oh, vendor was 3rd generation shooting supply - limit of ten one lb canisters, two four lb or one eight lb'r.

Swamp Man
04-16-2013, 06:02 AM
I was trying to get into reloading but I may just give up on it before I get started. Because no one seems to have more then one or two items I want and I don't want to pay more for multiple shipments then I could save by reloading. Seems like a bunch of BS just trying to get the supplies needed and all I want to reload is 410 shells. I've been searching for a few months now to find one supplier to buy all my supplies from and beginning to think it's not worth my time.

jeepyj
04-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Keep the faith it will lighten up soon. Keep a eye out for a local selling out that's one of the best ways IMHO to get started especially if you can find a buddy with loading experience to help you out. My local gun shop is always buying and selling used equipment
Jeepyj

I was trying to get into reloading but I may just give up on it before I get started. Because no one seems to have more then one or two items I want and I don't want to pay more for multiple shipments then I could save by reloading. Seems like a bunch of BS just trying to get the supplies needed and all I want to reload is 410 shells. I've been searching for a few months now to find one supplier to buy all my supplies from and beginning to think it's not worth my time.

captaint
04-16-2013, 07:28 AM
SwampMan - Hang in there kid. This is just a very bad time to buy anything shooting related. This won't last forever. When the idiots in Congress get done making an impression, this will begin to settle down to normal. You will find, however, that you will need to keep a pretty good supply of things reloading related. That's just the way it's gonna be. Forever, I think. Mike

Swamp Man
04-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Keep the faith it will lighten up soon. Keep a eye out for a local selling out that's one of the best ways IMHO to get started especially if you can find a buddy with loading experience to help you out. My local gun shop is always buying and selling used equipment
Jeepyj

I'm trying to keep the faith. One problem is around my area we have a lot of gun shops but vary few that carry any reloading supplies other then gander mountain about 30 miles away. At this time G.M. is always out of stock on most everything I can get my press but a press is worthless without supplies. I guess it could be worse at least I have plenty of ammo for 410,30.06,22lr and my air rifles so I still have enough to keep shooting.

Swamp Man
04-16-2013, 07:44 AM
Mike when it comes back I will be buying in bulk for sure. I just picked the wrong time to get into reloading my reason to reload is to cut cost on 410 shells. Those babies are pricey to shoot but I love my 410's and won't give them up no matter what they cost I just slowed down on them for now.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-16-2013, 07:57 AM
Think down the line Swamp Man. I had just gotten into reloading a few years ago. I read posts about how expensive things had gotten. I figured that if I started reloading I would always have ammo to shoot. The primers I bought have more than doubled along with the other equipment. My advice is to get what you can (at a descent price) at the moment and then wait for things to die down. You can try to find lead and get it stocked up. You will feel a lot better when you have your own supplies and do not have to rely on the local gun store.

Swamp Man
04-16-2013, 08:14 AM
Think down the line Swamp Man. I had just gotten into reloading a few years ago. I read posts about how expensive things had gotten. I figured that if I started reloading I would always have ammo to shoot. The primers I bought have more than doubled along with the other equipment. My advice is to get what you can (at a descent price) at the moment and then wait for things to die down. You can try to find lead and get it stocked up. You will feel a lot better when you have your own supplies and do not have to rely on the local gun store.
I plan on buying a few molds but will have to find someone to do my pouring due to having a bad case of R.A. I can't risk a burn that could cause an infection. I have started collecting lead already and things like cast-iron pots and hulls.

boltaction308
04-16-2013, 08:37 AM
Olevern

Thanks for the heads up on the powder, good prices, I picked up some of what I desperately needed

Olevern
04-16-2013, 10:57 AM
You're welcome, BA308, too bad they didn't have Unique, bullseye or Varget, but while I'm getting low on those, I have others I can substitute.

Dale in Louisiana
04-16-2013, 05:28 PM
just placed an order for some powders I needed; didn't find everything I needed, but in these days you have to get what you can, when you can.

Purchased 3 bs IMR 7828SSC (I was completely out and with the typical charges of the Weatherby cartridges, a lb. doesn't last long)
Got two lbs of 231 (will hold me until I can find 8lb kegs in stock), also a lb each of H380 (for my 7mm-08) and IMR 4198.

I was particularly happy to get the 7828 as I want to do some work-up on a new .257 Weatherby and 7828 is my go-to powder in both my other weatherbys.

Oh, vendor was 3rd generation shooting supply - limit of ten one lb canisters, two four lb or one eight lb'r.

Thanks for the heads-up!

They were out of 4198 when I got there. got four pounds of Unique (Squib loads in everything) and Reloader 7.

Let's see how this works.

dale in Louisiana

HATCH
04-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Sportsman warehouse local had powerpistol , red dot, blue dot, & green dot in stock 4 lb jugs.
I picked up the single one pounder of bullseye for $18.00