PDA

View Full Version : What a DAY!

Blammer
08-31-2007, 10:08 PM
OK, the stars and planets were aligned! they had to be....

Parts for my broken Win 94 arrived Thur, contacted a boad member here, Tyser to plan a time to visit and help me fix it.

Things worked out this AM and we took it apart, honed a few necessary parts, put the new one in, I got a thorough lesson on parts and how it works.

Then in the same session honed out the guides to make my 360 Dan Wesson out of my 357 Magnum! This rocks!

Got a few of Tycers great boolits to boot! He has a killer custom mold!

He also said that later today he may fire up his HUGE smelter... I said call I may be available. I got 3 FULL 5 gallon buckets of WW's to smelt.

Went ate lunch with my daughter at her school, came home finished tinkering with my Win 94. On the way home checked the mail box and my lube/sizer with sizing dies and top punches was in from lathesmith! SWEET! Went and picked up kids and then went to meet another board member OBXpilgrim, for the first time. We set a meet place to swap some boolits.

GREAT guy and he had the 360 180 gr 3 crimp boolits I've been interested in. We chatted a bit and will meet again sometime later. Great guy!

Then it gets better!

My wife came home early! Yee haw, Tycer called said the smelter was ready to go. I loaded 300 lbs of WW's and headed over. 3 hrs later, all are smelted and in ingots! PLUS! There was about 50 pounds of straight linotype in the bottom, so I mixed it with the WW's for a GREAT alloy!

Then came home with 300 lbs of HOT ingots!

so here I am just LOVIN today!

44man
09-01-2007, 09:08 AM
Them 94's are a pain. I had one here that I took apart, polished and took to my gunsmith so he could dip it in the blue tanks. He has asthma so the gun sat for 2 years. I had to go get it and cold blue it.
Do you know how hard it is to remember where everything goes after 2 years?

Blammer
09-01-2007, 12:44 PM
ouch! you are a patient man, waiting for two years.....

Jim
09-01-2007, 03:27 PM
Blammer, dontcha' jes love it when a plan comes together?
THA'S WUT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT!!

OBXPilgrim
09-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Glad I helped make a good day for ya.. Thanks for the kind words - BTW, don't spread that kind of info about me at work - It would ruin my rep (everyone thinks I'm a %$&*@# - goes with the job!)

If I had known you were on that much of a roll, I'd have let you pick some numbers for the lottery for me. Who knows?

I can't wait to play with some of these slugs I got from you.

Sounds like Tycer is the man I need to talk to about smelting.

Blammer
09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
I got two more 5 gal buckets of wheel wts. I'll have to hit up my shops again.

maybe we can get together and make a day of smelting with Tycer, we'll have to compensate him I'm sure if we left some lead behind he'd be greatful!