PDA

View Full Version : Drones

wch
04-14-2013, 03:54 PM
I noticed today that the chairman of Google has delivered himself of the opinion that all radio controlled drones should be "registered and regulated".
I wonder if the hobby shops and manufacturers of the radio control devices are going to be mobbed by the balsawood bunch like our industry has been!
This idea of "controlling" of machines and devices has completely ignored the thought that perhaps the people who misuse them should be the ones controlled.

dbosman
04-14-2013, 04:53 PM
Interesting that the Google, the company that makes pictures of your house freely visible to anyone in the world, should want to constain drones for privacy reasons.
Too many obvious and rhetorical questions come to mind.

uscra112
04-14-2013, 08:29 PM
Interesting that the Google, the company that makes pictures of your house freely visible to anyone in the world, should want to constain drones for privacy reasons.
Too many obvious and rhetorical questions come to mind.

Yeah, I thought that was the absolute pinnacle of irony ! Never mind Street View, they read your emails, scan your Internet searches (even those not on Google) so they can profile your personal interests, and-and-and. Even loading a page of Cast Boolits sends data to Google!

Newtire
04-14-2013, 09:25 PM
67518It all seems very strange that people overlook the fact that someone can fly a machine over our heads with mechanical features which we know are someday going to (not just maybe) fail and let this thing drop onto our heads and we are letting them get away with it. Someone has an avatar here with this I believe but I will post it anyway. If I see one of those sonomagun things flying over my head, I will assume it is armed and take necessary action. This will give us all a chance to make use of those classic doubles sitting in the safe and shoot some good old fashioned lead shot loads too-we could turn it into a fun thing!

Phoenix
04-14-2013, 09:27 PM
so they can profile your personal interests, and-and-and. Even loading a page of Cast Boolits sends data to Google!

I have relieved myself of most of those issues.

https://startpage.com/

uses google data but does not pass any data to google and does not record your IP address. or leave a cookie on your machine. I run firefox in perpetual privacy browsing mode and cookies are disabled. I use IE only for things that require it.

here is the statement from the search engine above.

Startpage offers you Web search results from Google in complete privacy!

When you search with Startpage, we remove all identifying information from your query and submit it anonymously to Google ourselves. We get the results and return them to you in total privacy.

Your IP address is never recorded, your visit is not logged, and no tracking cookies are placed on your browser. When it comes to protecting your privacy, Startpage runs the tightest ship on the Internet. Our outstanding privacy policy and thoughtful engineering give you great search results in total anonymity. Here are some of our key features:

Free proxy surfing available.
Praised by privacy experts worldwide.
Twelve-year company track record.
Third-party certified.

No IP address recorded.
No record is made of your searches.
No identifying or tracking cookies used.
Connection using powerful SSL encryption.

To learn more, check out our privacy page and read our privacy policy. We're confident you'll like what you see.

missionary5155
04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Good evening Newtire
I am ready ! I knew all the work I did with my Fox B and round ball would one day come into value. "Windage and elevation " !
A WW caliber .685 RB with a muzzle velocity of 1550 will bust through 1/8 inch plate with authority at 25 yards. Should be enough to alter the flight potential of aluminum drone skin at most any visible range. Just have to figure out some tracer element now. "Windage and elevation".
Mike in Peru

Swamp Man
04-15-2013, 01:45 PM
67518It all seems very strange that people overlook the fact that someone can fly a machine over our heads with mechanical features which we know are someday going to (not just maybe) fail and let this thing drop onto our heads and we are letting them get away with it. Someone has an avatar here with this I believe but I will post it anyway. If I see one of those sonomagun things flying over my head, I will assume it is armed and take necessary action. This will give us all a chance to make use of those classic doubles sitting in the safe and shoot some good old fashioned lead shot loads too-we could turn it into a fun thing!
Yep someone has that as their avatar,it's not just an avatar it's a statement [smilie=s:[smilie=s: drone -by by drone. [smilie=w:

Harter66
04-16-2013, 01:04 PM
I believe most of the drones are carbon/graphite skinned . It is a lot lighter an comparitively more flexible but it is fragile. I bet a punkin' ball would pull a 2" plug outta the top surface.

Newtire
04-26-2013, 02:32 AM
I have relieved myself of most of those issues.

https://startpage.com/

uses google data but does not pass any data to google and does not record your IP address. or leave a cookie on your machine. I run firefox in perpetual privacy browsing mode and cookies are disabled. I use IE only for things that require it.

here is the statement from the search engine above.

Not getting any response when I click on Download link. what's up?

Newtire
04-26-2013, 02:34 AM
I can see a good use for my 10 gauge Turkey Loads now.

sthwestvictoria
04-26-2013, 08:53 AM
For the peskier drones that loiter at a higher altitude and and are not repelled by standard loading there is also the 3" depleted uranium loads:
http://www.luckygunner.com/12ga-3-uranium-drone-load-tacnition-5-rounds